Angepinnt Wiimmfi Server

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

CaptainToad67867 schrieb:

Well, according to them they were AltWFC FC's, but banning them is still dumb as there was nothing in the rules that said this was not allowed when they transferred them, and they didnt seem to cause problems for the past 2 years
      Anyone can create their own ALTWFC, make the same FC and transfer them. THEN you do have a problem with 2 people having the same profile.

Edit: The PIDTool to transfer the FCs were made to transfer official Nintendo FCs and not ALTWFC FCs.

Tock schrieb:

Well, according to them they were AltWFC FC's, but banning them is still dumb as there was nothing in the rules that said this was not allowed when they transferred them, and they didnt seem to cause problems for the past 2 years
      Anyone can create their own ALTWFC, make the same FC and transfer them. THEN you do have a problem with 2 people having the same profile.
      Edit: The PIDTool to transfer the FCs were made to transfer official Nintendo FCs and not ALTWFC FCs.
      Fair enough, but how often has that actually happened? My bet would be extremely rarely, and instead of just banning everyone, couldnt you just check if there are 2 consoles with the same FC, and ban the newer one or whatever? (this would also create issues like people who own 2 consoles and te same fc on both, but this situation isnt too common)

(this would also create issues like people who own 2 consoles and te same fc on both, but this situation isnt too common)
      It is actually really common with people using the Wii and the Wii U.

Thing is if people abuse the PIDTool by doing stuff they are not allowed to do (or do stuff the Tool was never supposed to do) then Wiimm has to disable importing original Nintendo Profiles altogether.
      Honestly, if you care so much about having a "pretty fc" to go ahead and do something like make thousands of profiles and/or transfer fc's from other servers then you need to get out more :P
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*

NintendoFan schrieb:

Honestly, if you care so much about having a "pretty fc" to go ahead and do something like make thousands of profiles and/or transfer fc's from other servers then you need to get out more :P
      It's not about having a "pretty" FC.

It's about some of these people losing thousands of races built up over the last ~2 years, that just happened to be on a "pretty" FC. Like I said, if the person has not rolled for FCs in over a year and their account is active, I see no harm in reactivating it.

You can't punish people for breaking this rule when the rule-breaking was done ~2 years before this was even a policy. That's absolute absurdity.
      I wasn't referring to that person specifically in that post, if they did legitimately obtain that friend code without needing to go through some absurd process, then obviously yes, they need to be unbanned.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      And what if they did use AltWFC ages ago to get that FC?

They had no warning in advance that AltWFC friend codes are "illegal" / "hacked" or whatever you want to call it. Here these players are playing on FCs they've used for a very long time, collecting many races with their friends. Suddenly the access plug is pulled and they're forced to create a new license where all their data is wiped. How is that fair when there was no warning and they haven't tried rolling for a profile, for >1 year?

If there was a way to transfer over race counts and other statistics between friend codes, this would not be an issue. As far as I know, there isn't. At the end of the day, these people want their data, not their "pretty" FC.

I would be fuming mad too if I lost access to my data (which is over 7 years old). I know exactly where some of these players are coming from.

King Decimator schrieb:

It's about some of these people losing thousands of races built up over the last ~2 years, that just happened to be on a "pretty" FC. Like I said, if the person has not rolled for FCs in over a year and their account is active, I see no harm in reactivating it.
      And what if someone from Nintendo WFC had a "nice" FC but some else registered it on Wiimmfi by abusing AltWFC?

King Decimator schrieb:

You can't punish people for breaking this rule when the rule-breaking was done ~2 years before this was even a policy. That's absolute absurdity.
      I am pretty sure importing ALTWFC FCs was disallowed but the rule was just never enforced.

Edit:

King Decimator schrieb:

If there was a way to transfer over race counts and other statistics between friend codes, this would not be an issue. As far as I know, there isn't. At the end of the day, these people want their data, not their "pretty" FC.

Why shouldnt this be possible? There is a cheatcode to clone an FC to another profile which should work.
      There's no way to check if there's another player with it?

I don't see not enforcing a rule as an excuse. These players did not know that even existed. Punishing for an innocent mistake is bullshit. Hell A LOT of Wiimmfi policies are not published. I had to put many of them on my guide because of how antiquated things are on this site (and I'll be sure to include this policy too).

There's also decentralization: you have the threads here, tockdom, the wiimmfi wiki, and the wiimmfi site. The information is not all in one place. This will cause confusion at the end of the day (and this particular instance of rule breaking isn't exactly something that falls under "common sense" either).

EDIT: If the PID also carries over, then I guess that cloning the FC would be the solution. If that is the case, then I do apologize for the accusations to Wiimm of being unfair.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Maidvelia ()

There are about 200 profiles with illegal PID at Wiimmfi. SO far it's ok.

Sometimes I get requests: The Wiipid extractor doesn't work.
      And Nov/Dec 2016 I examined 2 of them very exactly, and both are low numbers and also nice friend codes. The conflicted PIDs were 156 and 30355. There are also many request for numbers 1 to 10.

Since the beginning AltWFC friend codes bother me! They make troubles and eat my live time. A good reason to ban all!

Then I started a discussion for the moderators in January of this year. The resonance was low. And now since some days I'm watching failed logins again and found many FC hunters again. And I think many player are inspired by the nice friend codes and ty themself with many many Wiimmfi profiles or with hacked PIDs. And so I started an offensive to stop this rubbish hunting for nice friend codes.

JaS's FC = 0000-0003-0355
      There are at least 2 people who claims this FC. So it is not longer unique, but illegal. maybe I give the other player a chance to use it, or both with auto-licking the other when login.

Rurp got banned on 0000-0006-6420 and 0000-0006-6722
      It's very hard for him, because first logins of both profiles were 9 and 11 days before.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      Ich trage keinen FC auf Vorrat ein, sondern nur, wenn sich ein Spiel ergibt.

King Decimator schrieb:

I don't see not enforcing a rule as an excuse. These players did not know that even existed. Punishing for an innocent mistake is bullshit. Hell A LOT of Wiimmfi policies are not published. I had to put many of them on my guide because of how antiquated things are on this site (and I'll be sure to include this policy too).

There's also decentralization: you have the threads here, tockdom, the wiimmfi wiki, and the wiimmfi site. The information is not all in one place. This will cause confusion at the end of the day (and this particular instance of rule breaking isn't exactly something that falls under "common sense" either).

EDIT: If the PID also carries over, then I guess that cloning the FC would be the solution.
      TBH, the main problem is the ignorance of the users and nothing else. No matter what you're doing or what service you're using/joining, you've to be aware of what the (terms of) service is and read it. Don't tell people to do this and that if you/they don't know what they're engaging in.

Even if no clear statements were made concerning Wiimmfi, that's a NintendoWFC replacement. From that point, users shouldn't assume that everything is allowed but the opposite (especially since it's a private server). The only thing that was clear about the profile creation was the following:
      1. Importing existing NWFC profiles (from the PIDTools or if they're saved before the shutdown)
      2. Creating a new one on Wiimmfi
      That's all. If they tried to trick the system that's entirely their fault. I know that's cruel but many things in life are like that even with and without a clear ToS/ToU.
      Fair enough. I cannot argue that some people do get screwed over without a clear ToS/ToU. But, is that the right thing to do? That's what's debatable.

@Wiimm Would using the license FC cloner like Tock mentioned change the PID attached to a license? The only concern is keeping the data on the license, not the "pretty" FC.

King Decimator schrieb:

@Wiimm Would using the license FC cloner like Tock mentioned change the PID attached to a license? The only concern is keeping the data on the license, not the "pretty" FC.
      My post a few posts above was suggesting to basically connect to Wiimmfi, send what MKW sends on a new license, then get the FC data you need (PID, and some other stuff I forgot) and inject it into the save and rehash. Thus, you have a new FC, and as far as Wiimmfi knows you got that through good old new licensing (you'd have to delete your friendlist ofc but OPENHOST FCs on your list would still work because the Wii sends the entire friendlist at connect)

@Wiimm I'd definitely think that we should
      • Make some tool that actually connects to Wiimmfi and can do things like PID regen (it could even check the PID against Wiimmfi and see if a 60000 would occur; if it wouldn't, the patcher would not change it)
      • Put a ToS up somewhere like wiimmfi.de where everybody can see it
      • Add a shorter version that says "this is not the full ToS, see the full ToS at..."
      Because yes, ToS/ToU does have to be followed no matter what, but I think it'd be helpful if users had one place to get it.
      Please do not PM me. If you PM me without valid reason, I will block you from doing so. Thank you.

King Decimator schrieb:

I don't see not enforcing a rule as an excuse. These players did not know that even existed. Punishing for an innocent mistake is bullshit. Hell A LOT of Wiimmfi policies are not published. I had to put many of them on my guide because of how antiquated things are on this site.

There's also decentralization: you have the threads here, tockdom, the wiimmfi wiki, and the wiimmfi site. The information is not all in one place.
      And if worse comes to worse, didnt atlas make a fully functional FC editor that he kept private?

Wiimm schrieb:

There are about 200 profiles with illegal PID at Wiimmfi. SO far it's ok.

Sometimes I get requests: The Wiipid extractor doesn't work.
      And Nov/Dec 2016 I examined 2 of them very exactly, and both are low numbers and also nice friend codes. The conflicted PIDs were 156 and 30355. There are also many request for numbers 1 to 10.

Since the beginning AltWFC friend codes bother me! They make troubles and eat my live time. A good reason to ban all!

Then I started a discussion for the moderators in January of this year. The resonance was low. And now since some days I'm watching failed logins again and found many FC hunters again. And I think many player are inspired by the nice friend codes and ty themself with many many Wiimmfi profiles or with hacked PIDs. And so I started an offensive to stop this rubbish hunting for nice friend codes.

JaS's FC = 0000-0003-0355
      There are at least 2 people who claims this FC. So it is not longer unique, but illegal. maybe I give the other player a chance to use it, or both with auto-licking the other when login.
      Hi I'm the person in question (JaS), and I have an explanation for this.

The reason "two people" claim the FC is because I occasionally have problems with my El-Gato, so I switch between my Wii and Wii U (I use Save to SD card in CTGP so all I do is just put my SD card in my Wii and vice versa and it works fine), if you look at my account you'll see that both of the consoles that are trying to claim it are mine.

Also, PLEASE put up a terms of service/rules page on the wiimmfi site... You can at least then put the blame on the players/people when they break them, but if there's no place for me to actually look at the rules why am I getting punished for it? You can't make a new rule and then punish people for breaking it when it didn't exist when they "broke it".

I don't know about the requests for 1-10, why not just disable PID 1-1000 and disable future alt-wfc PIDs? I don't see how you disabling a few friend codes will deter a relatively large group of people (who have nothing to do with each other or this forum).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Jascol ()

King Decimator schrieb:

I don't see not enforcing a rule as an excuse. These players did not know that even existed. Punishing for an innocent mistake is bullshit. Hell A LOT of Wiimmfi policies are not published. I had to put many of them on my guide because of how antiquated things are on this site.

There's also decentralization: you have the threads here, tockdom, the wiimmfi wiki, and the wiimmfi site. The information is not all in one place.
      And if worse comes to worse, didnt atlas make a fully functional FC editor that he kept private
      Surely @Wiimm could protect against that?
      I mean, in theory I could give anybody my save and they can impersonate me. A nice way to fix this? Don't let saves be used off their original Wii except if it's on a registered console of the user.

So:
      If user has Wii, and Wii U, and both are registered on Wiimmfi as theirs (linked to WHB account) then they can use the save across both.
      If user has Wii and 'U and only one is registered as theirs, the saves shouldn't work.

This stops users from stealing saves and impersonating, but also lets people who like switching (Like @CaptainToad67867) do so
      Please do not PM me. If you PM me without valid reason, I will block you from doing so. Thank you.

Jascol schrieb:

You can't make a new rule and then punish people for breaking it when it didn't exist when they "broke it".
      I don't understand why I get so pissed at that statement. How the hell is losing 8 numbers a "punishment".

- Wiimm does not want any hacked or other servers FCs.
      - ALTWFC FCs are not unique!
      - If someone uploads the same ALTWFC FC as yours why should yours have priority?
      - You can easily delete your ALTWFC FC without losing anything else from your profile.

Tock schrieb:

Jascol schrieb:

You can't make a new rule and then punish people for breaking it when it didn't exist when they "broke it".
      I don't understand why I get so pissed at that statement. How the hell is losing 8 numbers a "punishment".
      - Wiimm does not want any hacked or other servers FCs.
      - ALTWFC FCs are not unique!
      - If someone uploads the same ALTWFC FC as yours why should yours have priority?
      - You can easily delete your ALTWFC FC without losing anything else from your profile.
      It's punishment because he disabled a license I've used for almost 2 years now, and I had thousands of races with my friends, including friends who have now quit. I'm a sentimental person in general which is why it's upsetting, since I'll never be able to properly rebuild the license.
      KD has already stated this, it's not about the FC itself, it's about the fact that there's been absolutely no problems with my FC/license in the 2 years I've been using it and now it's been disabled, making me lose all of those races with my friends...

1. I know that, but I fail to understand the entire concept around it, you at least are giving me a genuine answer which I appreciate.
      2. I'm aware, however, in what both of you mentioned, the only FCs that have had more than 2 people (?) try for them are in the 1-10 range, and he's already disabled the 1-1000 range. Doesn't this solve the problem? And if that's the case, why not allow the people who created it before this rule change to keep it but disallow others in the future?
      3. I don't understand what you're trying to say here, you're giving me a hypothetical situation which based on my understanding, is VERY far from happening. My PID is 30355, which means someone would need to reset 30 thousand times just to get to mine.
      4. How would I delete my altwfc FC and keep everything on my profile? what? how do you delete FCs off of licenses?

---

On top of this, if someone truly has created a FC creator/PID editor, doesn't that mean that Wiimm-Fi PIDs will no longer be unique as well? Because there is a possibility that someone may create it and abuse it by using another Wiimm-Fi player's PID, unlike the situation you're giving me of people manually resetting and potentially messing with my own PID (30355), this seems a lot more likely.

In this scenario I have an alternative, this applies to alt-wfc FCs as well as Wiimm-Fi ones.

Create a lock function on a PID for users of the wiimmfi site, to prevent people from potentially trying to abuse it by copying someone's PID. This solves the issues you were talking about, not only with the Alt-WFC but people potentially abusing some sort of FC creator/editor. This would make it so only that console can log in with that PID, and if someone else tries to connect with it they would be denied, is this possible?

Jascol schrieb:

4. How would I delete my altwfc FC and keep everything on my profile? what? how do you delete FCs off of licenses?

Backup your savegame, use the FC Cloner cheat code to clone a Wiimmfi Profile FC over your ALTWFC Profile.

Jascol schrieb:

3. I don't understand what you're trying to say here, you're giving me a hypothetical situation which based on my understanding, is VERY far from happening. My PID is 30355, which means someone would need to reset 30 thousand times just to get to mine.

Someone can make a script to calculate "nice" FCs and create their own AltWFC where they can set the PID to one of the "nice" FCs.

Jascol schrieb:

On top of this, if someone truly has created a FC creator/PID editor, doesn't that mean that Wiimm-Fi PIDs will no longer be unique as well? Because there is a possibility that someone may create it and abuse it by using another Wiimm-Fi player's PID, unlike the situation you're giving me of people manually resetting and potentially messing with my own PID (30355), this seems a lot more likely.

By the time someone leaks something like this Wiimm can limit profiles to a single console or rather make only people with a Wii HB Account be able to share one profile with more than one console (but less than the current limit).
      Ich gehe nur bei Frauen im Alter von 18 bis 20 die Bettwäsche testen.

Tock schrieb:

Jascol schrieb:

Backup your savegame, use the FC Cloner cheat code to clone a Wiimmfi Profile FC over your ALTWFC Profile.

Jascol schrieb:

Someone can make a script to calculate "nice" FCs and create their own AltWFC where they can set the PID to one of the "nice" FCs.

Jascol schrieb:

By the time someone leaks something like this Wiimm can limit profiles to a single console or rather make only people with a Wii HB Account be able to share one profile with more than one console (but less than the current limit).
      1. Thank you for your explanation! I wasn't aware about backing up my save game in that manner, I'll look into it for sure.
      2. With the second point, that makes a lot more sense now, thank you for your explanation.
      3. And lastly that's very good to hear, that's what I had in mind as well in case something like that were to ever happen. That's reassuring.

Thank you for the proper explanation, I was very confused over this at first but I understand why you guys made this decision.