Multi Game Support

Nice, then how about making something like this:

Wiimm schrieb:

I implemented a table alias: if "tblapproval" should be used, "tblmapinfo" is used instead. But this don't help for unknown record ids.
    to make the game use tblplayerinfo if tbljoinplayerfavourites should be used?

Edit:

I think I found out the meaning of the values allowed_regions and min_ratings in tblregioninfo. When searching for public levels by rating the game searches in tbljoinmapplayerinfo with such a filter:

Quellcode

1. (POWER(2, the level's region - 1) < value of allowed_regions != 0) && (the level's num_ratings >= value of min_ratings)

I still have no idea what makes the game say that public upload service has been discontinued, though. Maybe setting allowed_regions to 0 or -1 would disable region lock and probably enable public levels.

Could you change the data in tblregioninfo to this please?

Quellcode

1. +--------+-----------------+-------------+
    2. | region | allowed_regions | min_ratings |
    3. +--------+-----------------+-------------+
    4. | 0 | -1 | 1 |
    5. | 1 | -1 | 1 |
    6. | 2 | -1 | 1 |
    7. | 3 | -1 | 1 |
    8. | 4 | -1 | 1 |
    9. | 5 | -1 | 1 |
    10. +--------+-----------------+-------------+
    The values for region are an assumption, I don't know what values other versions of the game use. I only know that my V2GV version uses 3 and that the V2GE version must use something different because seomeone reported that it currently freezes when connecting.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Matze167435 ()

I have hard-coded the connection between the 2 tables. I plan to implement a rule, so that it is part of the description stored in the database.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
    Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
    Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
    I have two new templates.

Digimon World Dawn & Dusk (US) and there japanese counterparts Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight (JP) - there are a twin versions like Pokemon and all for the Nintendo DS.

For testing i have a nearly 100% save for Dawn and a wifi-ready save for Sunburst. Already connected once with both to wiimmfi for the logfiles. rename .txt to SAV for the NOSSL (the save files) if someone can test them it would be nice, i have only one ds or someone can help me with that
    Dateien
    Meine Konsolen:
    :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Color: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Advance_SP: : :Smilie_v2_Nintendo_DS: : :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_GameCube: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: + 3DSXL :smilie_samus: Edition
    Gamecube Zubehör: 2x :43px-GCNController.svg: 2x :Smiley_v3_GCN_Wavebird_Controller: 4x :27px-GCNMemoryCard.svg: Wii Zubehör: 2x :Smiley_v3_Wii_Remote: 2x :Smiley_v3_Wii_Nunchuck:
    :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: Firmware 4.3
    The only Rabbids games I see in the gamespy list are "Rabbids Go Home" (Rabgohomewii), Rayman Raving Rabbids (rayravrab), Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (raymanrr2wii) and Rayman Raving Rabbids 3 (raymanRR3wii). Is "Travel in Time" an alternative name of one of these four games? Or is it a different game?

If it is a different game, we would need to see a network dump of you trying to connect to Wiimmfi with this game in order to determine internal game name and password.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
    Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

The only Rabbids games I see in the gamespy list are "Rabbids Go Home" (Rabgohomewii), Rayman Raving Rabbids (rayravrab), Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (raymanrr2wii) and Rayman Raving Rabbids 3 (raymanRR3wii). Is "Travel in Time" an alternative name of one of these four games? Or is it a different game?

If it is a different game, we would need to see a network dump of you trying to connect to Wiimmfi with this game in order to determine internal game name and password.
    It's apparently the "5th installment" - it's probably sharing Rabbids Go Home since it came out directly afterwards, but after school I'll get a network dump of it.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Metaridley schrieb:

Digimon World Dawn & Dusk (US) and there japanese counterparts Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight (JP) - there are a twin versions like Pokemon and all for the Nintendo DS.

For testing i have a nearly 100% save for Dawn and a wifi-ready save for Sunburst. Already connected once with both to wiimmfi for the logfiles. rename .txt to SAV for the NOSSL (the save files) if someone can test them it would be nice, i have only one ds or someone can help me with that
    Both files share ID4 A3VE and A3VJ. This is not possible. At the moment I can only activate one of them.

Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.

Wiimm schrieb:

Metaridley schrieb:

Both files share ID4 A3VE and A3VJ. This is not possible. At the moment I can only activate one of them.
    okay? i'm not sure why this is. i know that bandai namco seperate japanese servers from west released game server back in the day, thats why dbz tenkaichi 3 and dbz sparking meteor can't connect with each other (it's the same game but different languages), same goes for digimon world ds and his counterpart digimon story. i test it and i can't use friend codes from story in DW DS.

So maybe Dawn/Dusk share the same servers as Sunburst/Moonlight? Please activate Dawn/Dusk first, i will test it. or have i write it wrong into the templates? maybe because i set in both templates the game id's of both regions?

what i mean is this in Sunburst
    GAME TEST A3VJ Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight (Japan)
    GAME TEST A3VE Digimon World Dawn & Dusk (USA)
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-IDLIST A3VJ A3V
    A6RJ A6R

and this in Dawn
    GAME TEST A3VJ Digimon Story Sunburst & Moonlight (Japan)
    GAME TEST A3VE Digimon World Dawn & Dusk (USA)
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-IDLIST A3VE A3V
    A6RE A6R
    Meine Konsolen:
    :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Color: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Advance_SP: : :Smilie_v2_Nintendo_DS: : :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_GameCube: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: + 3DSXL :smilie_samus: Edition
    Gamecube Zubehör: 2x :43px-GCNController.svg: 2x :Smiley_v3_GCN_Wavebird_Controller: 4x :27px-GCNMemoryCard.svg: Wii Zubehör: 2x :Smiley_v3_Wii_Remote: 2x :Smiley_v3_Wii_Nunchuck:
    :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: Firmware 4.3

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Metaridley ()

Metaridley schrieb:

okay? i'm not sure why this is.
    The game is identified by the ID4 (part of the nickname send at login). And with this ID4 a provide is assigned to a game too.

I have enabled "Digimon World Dawn/Dusk". Please try both games, so I can see what happens.

Hello to everyone, I am new here. First of all I would like to thank all the mods for spending their time and making it possible for all of us to still enjoy good old games.
    Anyway since I still have my old Wii I decided to try to get my favorite childhood game to work online, Mario Kart Wii. I appologize in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong thread and if I am feel free to delete my post. I spent few hours searching for tutorials and I finally found the method that seems to be the easiest.
    I followed some Youtube guide and softmodded my Wii few months ago and so far in all this time I haven't encountered any issue, but I don't have Nand file on the SD card and wiihacks is down for quite some time now (I wouldn't use their exact name but I've seen their tutorial links on this forum). I'm not sure how secure it is to play online, if it's the same but playing offline works perfectly fine.

Ok so I wanted to check with you guys if I got it all right. I'm just gonna write down everything that I think I need to do and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

On my Wii I go to: Wii/Wii Settings/Internet/Connection Settings/Connection 2(I'm currently using 1) Wireless/Change settings/Auto-Obtsain DNS. I select No and click Advanced Settings and set Primary DNS to 176.9.146.163 and the Secondary DNS to the IP address of my router. Then I confirm, save and click Use this connection.

After all that can I patch it directly from the USB Loader (thats where I have the game), to search “Private Server” and change it to Wiimmfi.de? Will competitions still work? And then one last step is to turn on message service and wait for competitions to load.

I'm really sorry, as you can see I'm not really skilled at this.
    Any help is much appreciated and thank you for the awesome job you're doing, you did not only create the server but also successfully maintaining it through all this years.
    Changing the DNS to 176.9.146.163 doesn't work anymore, isn't required anymore and was probably from a very old video. To (just) play online, setting the "private server" setting in your USB Loader to "Wiimmfi" is enough. However, that will probably not work for competitions. If you want to play competitions, you need to have a Wiimmfi-patched ISO (
    wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wiimmfi-Patcher ) and the competition patcher ( competitions.wiimmfi.de/#howtoget ).

Wow that was fast. So do I have to enable something to be able to play online, like WiiConnect24 or anything else? I already downloaded the patcher, so can I use my wbfs game file from the USB and then patch it and copy it back to the USB? Also do I just copy it back since its already wbfs format and would I then have 2 game files or do I overwrite it?

Does playing online present any bigger risk? I play it a lot and have no issues but did not try online after softmodding.

Do I have to wait 7 days for both competitions and just racing with others?

Many thanks

mandy schrieb:

Wow that was fast. So do I have to enable something to be able to play online, like WiiConnect24 or anything else? I already downloaded the patcher, so can I use my wbfs game file from the USB and then patch it and copy it back to the USB? Also do I just copy it back since its already wbfs format and would I then have 2 game files or do I overwrite it?

Does playing online present any bigger risk? I play it a lot and have no issues but did not try online after softmodding.

Do I have to wait 7 days for both competitions and just racing with others?
    No, you don't need WC24 for online play. You do need WC24 for competitions but the competition patching tool automatically enables that for you. Just patch the game, copy it back to your USB drive (overwriting the original one), then go online.

For online racing you have to wait a week (after you first tried to connect). You can play competitions earlier, but you can't upload your time to the rankings until the 7-day-wait is over.

Playing online doesn't present any other risk.

tsukinomiya schrieb:

made a new template.

puyopuyo7wii = puyo puyo 7 wii version. (gamespy key is not checked.)
    could u added this template?
    Incomplete edit!
    Cite: # Replacing all <<values>> is mandatory.

Wow you guys are the best here and answering so fast.
    Thanks for all the help.

Next day edit:
    I did everything you told me to. Patched and copied back to the usb but when I go to the Homebrew Channel there is no MKWii Competition Patch, still only the USB Loader. So I just opened the game and got the 7 days error, online racing should probably work, but I would like to have competitions as well. Can you please help me?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von mandy ()

mandy schrieb:

Wow you guys are the best here and answering so fast.
    Thanks for all the help.

Next day edit:
    I did everything you told me to. Patched and copied back to the usb but when I go to the Homebrew Channel there is no MKWii Competition Patch, still only the USB Loader. So I just opened the game and got the 7 days error, online racing should probably work, but I would like to have competitions as well. Can you please help me?
    If you have the 7 day error, you need to wait for the 7 days. Competitions require a connection to Wiimmfi so banned users cannot play.
    Furthermore, ensure you've extracted it properly; the competition patcher folder should be inside apps :3

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
    If you don't see the competition patcher in the homebrew channel, you didn't put the competition patcher ( competitions.wiimmfi.de/#howtoget ) on the correct place on your SD.

Do I have to add something on the SD card even if I have the game on a USB? I extracted the patcher on my PC, copied the game from the USB, patched and copied it back from wiimmfi-images.
    Also when I go to Settings/Custom Wi-Fi Connection/Message Delivery and select to opt in to receive messages, a blank message appears and nothing happens. WiiConnect24 is on.
    The two patchers are different. The Wiimmfi patcher patches your *game* to play online on Wiimmfi. The competition patcher patches your *wii* to download competitions.

Please read the instructions at competitions.wiimmfi.de/#howtoget . This is a Wii program which you need to download and run on the Wii. Also, you have to enable the message delivery in the original (unpatched) game.

Okay, sorry, I didn't know there are two patchers and I thought I don't need to add anything to the SD if I'm playing it from a USB. I got it now, copied it to the card and it's on the wii but I don't want to open it before I subscribe to the message delivery.
    What do you mean that I have to do that in the original game? I already have only the one that I patched on a PC, it says Wiimmfi when I open it. So is it too late to do that now? Like I said, when I try to opt in to receive messages, I only get a blank message.

mandy schrieb:

What do you mean that I have to do that in the original game? I already have only the one that I patched on a PC, it says Wiimmfi when I open it. So is it too late to do that now? Like I said, when I try to opt in to receive messages, I only get a blank message.
    You've patched for Wiimmfi, which is one of the two things you need to do. You can run the 2nd app from your USB; it's simply just a homebrew app.
    To opt in, you need to use either an original ISO copy, or a disc. Assuming you have a disc ;)
    If you don't have a disc, go get your backup that I'm going to pretend you got legally, and run it again and opt in, then use the Competition patcher and then use MKW with Wiimmfi patches.