Multi Game Support

Ciapa schrieb:

Thats a bug in Brawl, I can play with other players over the Network.
    I may come back to you for testing, once I got it working.
    Hopefully, I don't fall asleep when you're ready. It's 4:51am EST, and I've yet to sleep.

MKWii's been working without any issues before Nintendo WFC was shut down, Brawl wouldn't let me connect until about a day after I patched the NTSC-U ISO, and I can't say anything about Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, even though eight people have already registered the game into Wiimmfi and no one's been playing since the game was confirmed working.

EDIT: I'm attempting to add you on Skype just in case I end up falling asleep. If I do sleep, I will receive your IMs when I get up and log on.

Mood: 19 More Years to Super Bowl LXIX, lol.
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch.tv Channel
    Steam Profile
    I had this issue way back in a day. In fact it's not Brawl/Wiimmfi fault but a Port Forwarding problem of your router.
    The only way to get it work properly is to get all the people port forward correctly their Wii, which is nearly impossible. If the people you're trying to join didn't, it can fail (it failed every time with my old router, it may succeed sometimes with my new one which is "more permissive").

The alternative my friends and I use is to set the router's DMZ for the Wii.

Sepalani schrieb:

I had this issue way back in a day. In fact it's not Brawl/Wiimmfi fault but a Port Forwarding problem of your router.
    The only way to get it work properly is to get all the people port forward correctly their Wii, which is nearly impossible. If the people you're trying to join didn't, it can fail (it failed every time with my old router, it may succeed sometimes with my new one which is "more permissive").

Hrm. Attempting to set DMZ for my Wii's static IP to see if this works.

EDIT: I've spent a good five minutes on the case so far, got nothing or no one through the PAL servers. Gonna try the NTSC-U Brawl at 7:45am EST.
    EDIT2: I'm trying to boot up the NTSC-U version of SSBB right now, will test until 8:15am EST.
    EDIT3: I didn't get anything from NTSC-U Brawl either. I'll be giving up for the time being.

YouTube Channel
    Twitch.tv Channel
    Steam Profile

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von PeeJay Bonobo ()

Sepalani schrieb:

My Wii is already set for DMZ. Unfortunately, this isn't the problem. :( I can join/host friend matches fine, but when searching for a random in Basic Brawl/Team Battle it can't find anyone.
    I'm now 11 weeks working intensively on the Wiimmfi-Project and put into it all my spare time. And yesterday, Nintendo stopped their servers. And now I have to pause a little first. But before pausing, I have to fix many small bugs of my to-do list. That's enough work for one week.

Therefore, I will not add new games at the moment, unless it's just a configuration thing. Anyway, since no new dumps can be drawn, new games can just wait. And it also does not help when I am overwhelmed with personal messages I get already to many in 3 forums.

Some other important things:

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
    Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
    Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
    My Wii is already set for DMZ. Unfortunately, this isn't the problem. :( I can join/host friend matches fine, but when searching for a random in Basic Brawl/Team Battle it can't find anyone.

On what Version are you? NTSC-U, NTSC-J or PAL?
    Did it worked on the official Servers?
    Please dump the network traffic, then I'll look at it at the weekend.
    14.932 bytes pure destruction.

Ciapa schrieb:

On what Version are you? NTSC-U, NTSC-J or PAL?
    Did it worked on the official Servers?
    Please dump the network traffic, then I'll look at it at the weekend.
    I'm on NTSC-U.
    Yes, it worked on official servers. In fact, I've been playing all week since I knew the servers were going out, heh. :P
    Here, I followed TiroDvD's video and dumped some packets:

In "SSBB - Basic Brawl.pcapng" I connected to wifi > went to basic brawl > and let it search for players for a few minutes.
    In "SSBB - Team Battle.pcapng" I connected to wifi > went to team battle > and let it search for players for a few minutes.
    Dateien

Wiimm schrieb:

And yesterday, Nintendo stopped their servers.
    It seems like they haven't shut down all of them yet. I just quickly checked the three games I have that rely on the DemonWare servers and they still work.
    • Goldeneye 007
    • Call of Duty: Black OPs
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    I haven't got time to look at network traffic but I know that they need naswii.nintendowifi.net at some point, so I suspect that it's still up.
    These games have been listed on some but not on all of nintendo's different sites that announced the shutdown. We simply don't know how much longer they'll be up and running,

So I suggest that everyone who wants to keep these games alive gets busy capturing network traffic. And you Wiimm, get some rest now, you've done great!

bunbun schrieb:

Sepalani schrieb:

This only means that the people you're trying to play with didn't enable DMZ/Port Forward that's all. Plus there were more people onto the official server, maybe more people which did that right. Did you try to meet your friend during random matches on Wiimmfi because it should work fine if they did DMZ/Port Forward their Wii. If after all of that it didn't work, I'll check that out to see if it is indeed the server fault or not.

Sepalani schrieb:

bunbun schrieb:

Sepalani schrieb:

This only means that the people you're trying to play with didn't enable DMZ/Port Forward that's all. Plus there were more people onto the official server, maybe more people which did that right. Did you try to meet your friend during random matches on Wiimmfi because it should work fine if they did DMZ/Port Forward their Wii. If after all of that it didn't work, I'll check that out to see if it is indeed the server fault or not.
    I got my friend to go on and try and find me in a random match, but after about 20 mins none of us found each other (or anyone). :( They've also port forwarded their Wii. (We can also connect to each other fine when doing a friend match.)
    So, I finally got in four Basic Brawl matches (PAL SSBB, btw) with some Falco/Donkey Kong user, but something's telling me that this would be a once in a lifetime chance that will NEVER happen again.

Thanks, Wiimm, you're the best. :party:

EDIT: Gonna see if I can get any luck with the NTSC-U version.
    EDIT2: It's official: PAL Brawl is the way to go; I'm finding that Pink Yoshi guy instantly, and over and over again, though.

YouTube Channel
    Twitch.tv Channel
    Steam Profile

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von PeeJay Bonobo ()

PeeJay Bonobo schrieb:

So, I finally got in four Basic Brawl matches (PAL SSBB, btw) with some Falco/Donkey Kong user, but something's telling me that this would be a once in a lifetime chance that will NEVER happen again.

Thanks, Wiimm, you're the best.
    Oh wow! O: I'm gonna try the pal version. :3

Edit: Wow! I was able to find myself on the PAL version! Going to keep searching to see if i find anyone else.
    Edit 2: Found another person on the pal version! O:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von bunbun ()

Ciapa schrieb:

Please upload dumps of the NTSC-U version of Brawl to my Homepage and instead of entering the default GameID(RSBJ), please enter RSBE as gameID. Then I'll look at it to fix things
    My Homepage:
    ciapa.ml:8080

Any way on how I would go about this? I'm pretty certain that it's related to the region lock that Nintendo originally placed on the official servers.

YouTube Channel
    Twitch.tv Channel
    Steam Profile