Angepinnt Multi Game Support

Neu

Virtual tennis 4 works fine but people who use cheat code max code can make 90040 errors in your ranking and in trackmania games it is a mistake and never uses the ranking of friends if not left Not restricted. THE GLOBAL RANKING OR RECOVERY CIRCUIT COULD NOT WORK WATER WARFARE WORKS THE CLASSIFICATION MARIO STRIKER CHARGED FOOTBALL THE CLASSIFICATION 1 small problem because the score will not stay all day and 1moment it erases

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Agentwii71 ()

Neu

Regarding Mario Strikers Charged Football I think that's normal because there are daily and seasonal rankings. Concerning cheating, from the gamestats2 server side we don't have enough information to ban people efficiently. The only thing we have is the player id and that's all. Not to mention that banning by IP isn't a solution. Cheating or altering gamestats packets is trivial and I don't think there is a way to detect corrupted data if the checksum test didn't fail. That's to say don't cheat if you don't want the leaderboard to be shutdown. I suppose that people can similarly report that in the "About banning" section if they want to report a cheated score. By the way, removing scores also disrupts the gamestats2 service temporarily.

@Agentwii71:
      With that said, was the original Nintendo's virtual tennis 4 leaderboard working with cheated scores and what were shown on screen? I also haven't seen any "trkmaniawii" request so far (no score registered yet). Was Water Warefare leaderboard working (you're the only one playing that game apparently).

Neu

I am not alone that I play a trackmania I have already met the player more times compared to the world ranking does not work if the error 41156 J AI try has every faith, so nothing happens but the ranking of the circuit Record some times its done this 98080This successful mail it has nothing in Session And the classification Friends remain at FIXE DONC BLOCK we can not connect ranking, we can not leave. Is it really a missing damage from a tcp server to send the data or download from the circuit modification or perssonize to friends error 33020 Gti supermini fiesta classification error 31020

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Agentwii71 ()

Neu

Sepalani schrieb:

Regarding Mario Strikers Charged Football I think that's normal because there are daily and seasonal rankings. Concerning cheating, from the gamestats2 server side we don't have enough information to ban people efficiently. The only thing we have is the player id and that's all. Not to mention that banning by IP isn't a solution. Cheating or altering gamestats packets is trivial and I don't think there is a way to detect corrupted data if the checksum test didn't fail. That's to say don't cheat if you don't want the leaderboard to be shutdown. I suppose that people can similarly report that in the "About banning" section if they want to report a cheated score. By the way, removing scores also disrupts the gamestats2 service temporarily.

Well, there are a few things that could be implemented to detect cheating. For instance, you can only ever play 1 game every 3:30 minutes or so, and the maximum score for a winning game is 20, where the maximum score for a losing game is 11. The only time a player can earn points without winning or losing is if their opponent disconnects, and the maximum score in that case is 10. So the obvious cheats (Wins, losses, points to 9999 or something) can be blocked by timing because there's no way you could get that many points or play that many games in such a short timeframe. The game updates the server at the end of each full set, (except in the case of disconnects), so every 2 or 3 matches. It should disconnect if it's unable to update the leaderboards, at which point the result will be submitted when next online, so theoretically while the point score can randomly increase by up to 10 every now and again (or decrease by 5 if you deliberately disconnect yourself), most matches will come with a maximum score of 51 (2 wins, 1 loss), or 40 (2 wins), or 42 (1 win, 2 losses), or 22 (2 losses). It's worth noting that every goal scored will slow down the match, and you need 10 in each match to hit a maximum score. So, a combination of timing and basic sanity checks would prevent most obvious cheats!

Neu

@MrBean35000vr
      The main problem with the gamestats2 server is that games can use it however they want. Some games push their score (one or many) before (and sometimes after) getting the leaderboard and the way the score is handled is up to the game developers. That's to say, for games like Mario & Sonic I have no way of detecting cheating unless I know the score limits for each sport. While for games like Mario Strikers Charged Football the only plain text data that the server is aware of is the score/point because the wins/losses ratio is stored in the player's binary data which would require a way to parse and handle player data per game basis which is a bit overkill.

That's why I think there is no way of detecting cheating as pretty much every game is doing something different with it. So the only viable way I see for banning people would be to have some kind of ban rules per game. But the more rules and games there are the bigger overhead this system will have. I'm pretty sure that in some individual games this might not matter but for games very sensitive to instability such as Mario Strikers Charged Football, if multiple players are updating their scores at the same time and the ban system is a burden this will probably raise an error code.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Sepalani ()