About banning

You really need to be careful what you say. I'm not biased against people who report hackers; far from it, I hadn't even noticed something was wrong with your video until it was pointed out to me. But it's also not up to you to decide how long you "should" be banned for. If you record yourself using a code, of course we're going to ban for that, even if your intentions are noble. I mean, it's kinda ironic and hypocritical to try to get someone else banned when you yourself are doing something wrong, isn't it? The system isn't out to get you, the system is out to get people who are doing things wrong. Anyway, trust me when I say I make the lives of people who circumvent bans very complicated. You might think you can get around the system, but that's what the humans are there for. Ask newb if you don't believe me :P

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

You really need to be careful what you say. I'm not biased against people who report hackers; far from it, I hadn't even noticed something was wrong with your video until it was pointed out to me. But it's also not up to you to decide how long you "should" be banned for. If you record yourself using a code, of course we're going to ban for that, even if your intentions are noble. I mean, it's kinda ironic and hypocritical to try to get someone else banned when you yourself are doing something wrong, isn't it? The system isn't out to get you, the system is out to get people who are doing things wrong. Anyway, trust me when I say I make the lives of people who circumvent bans very complicated. You might think you can get around the system, but that's what the humans are there for. Ask newb if you don't believe me :P
      You know I've been trying to be nice to people on this forum, but all I've gotten from people on this thread are rude comments and biased actions (hint: the previous ban). In case you were ever wondering why so many people prefer to send PMs as opposed to reporting on this thread, it's because the people are ruthless. So I guess I have to be that way too. So when I'm trying to be nice and help you guys out so you don't shell out hundreds of dollars on game servers to support stupid people who don't want to play seriously, I'm not going to sit here and be nice to people who don't have anything nice to say to me. You'd be surprised by the people who have come up to me and said that the people on this thread are biased. Comments like those are coming from reputable people, but I'm not going to sit here and throw other people under the bus to support my point. Oh sure, it's not up to me to decide how long I'm banned, but 4 weeks is certainly not happening. If we have to go that route then we'll go that route. And again, that's fine! I'm fine with a ban if the mods really feel that's necessary. Like I said to Leseratte though, it's more so the length of said ban (originally at least) rather than the ban itself. Accusing me of "star boxes" when I've reported dozens of people on this thread is ridiculous. In case you didn't know, Atlas clearly has some drama with me as he is looking to stir the pot whenever possible. So to go off someone's word of "item hacks" or "star boxes" when there is no proof whatsoever to support that, yeah, that's not cool and I'm not going to act like it is. If in said video I had gone to 3 or more different item boxes and gotten stars each time, then sure. But 1 item box? Please! Unfortunately, I believed that the system was out to get people who disobey the rules, and then the previous ban that 4 people got changed my opinion completely when no moderator whatsoever replied as to how it was considered trolling. I don't really think of the ban system in the same way now. Quite frankly, for the longest time, I thought that JomacGlove person wasn't going to get banned. Luckily, he did, but it took a while. I dislike Newb as much as I'm sure you do, and while I hate to say this, I honestly believe she could continue to get around the bans if she really wanted to. This is especially the case in battle where mods don't really care what happens there as it's not the "mainstream" mode. Once again, I appreciate your willingness to have a decent conversation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zachy ()

The thing you need to understand is that the "show item early"-cheat *is* an "item cheat" even though you are not specifying an item you want. You are modifying the item system to get an advantage, that's "item cheating". This gives you an advantage - you can decide whether to take a shortcut after you picked up an item, and it is related to items, to it is item cheating.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

The thing you need to understand is that the "show item early"-cheat *is* an "item cheat" even though you are not specifying an item you want. You are modifying the item system to get an advantage, that's "item cheating". This gives you an advantage - you can decide whether to take a shortcut after you picked up an item, and it is related to items, to it is item cheating.
      Oh I 100% agree! Like I said, that's something I will definitely remove going forward. But it certainly does not go on the same par as item cheats... That's a whole other beast.
      Just for the records, I didn't just take the guy's word for it, I went, watched the video again and I saw you obtain a box, and in the roulette there were only stars. No matter what, that's not okay, even if it is just one item. If I were to suddenly go online and start hacking, I'd get banned for it even though I've banned hundreds of other people, done services for Wiimmfi, etc... Just because you help out doesn't give you a free pass to do what you want. We appreciate your effort but we also must ask that you follow the rules as well, otherwise what's the point of having a system to ban people in the first place? I admit that I jumped to the conclusion that it was a star box hack, because I had forgotten that show item early hacks existed, but that's why I reduced this ban in the first place, since I can't deny the possibility and it's arguably a much lesser offense than actually hacking items. But I still think that 1 week is appropriate nevertheless.

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

Just for the records, I didn't just take the guy's word for it, I went, watched the video again and I saw you obtain a box, and in the roulette there were only stars. No matter what, that's not okay, even if it is just one item. If I were to suddenly go online and start hacking, I'd get banned for it even though I've banned hundreds of other people, done services for Wiimmfi, etc... Just because you help out doesn't give you a free pass to do what you want. We appreciate your effort but we also must ask that you follow the rules as well, otherwise what's the point of having a system to ban people in the first place? I admit that I jumped to the conclusion that it was a star box hack, because I had forgotten that show item early hacks existed, but that's why I reduced this ban in the first place, since I can't deny the possibility and it's arguably a much lesser offense than actually hacking items. But I still think that 1 week is appropriate nevertheless.
      My point about reporting other people isn't to say that I'm exempt from the rules. What I'm trying to say by that is that I have no history of "item cheats" or "star boxes". So it's just weird to accuse me of that suddenly. And I can see how it would look like that, but I don't think I'd ban someone unless it was very clear. Yes, it is a code to display items early (hence why it was a star. That was the item I was going to get since my team was losing due to the item cheater) which I will remove going into the future. I'll do a ban! I mean really, I only think 3 days is necessary at most for something like that (especially considering I'll be removing it), but I'm very well aware that it's not my decision.
      But, I mean, people show up all the time with item cheats when we least expect them to. People who have been on Wiimmfi for years and had never done anything wrong up to that point. So, it's frankly hard to know who to trust, in a game that's this easy to cheat on. It's unfortunate, but it's true. So, we have to take what we see at face value, reputation doesn't really come into it, sadly.

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

But, I mean, people show up all the time with item cheats when we least expect them to. People who have been on Wiimmfi for years and had never done anything wrong up to that point. So, it's frankly hard to know who to trust, in a game that's this easy to cheat on. It's unfortunate, but it's true. So, we have to take what we see at face value, reputation doesn't really come into it, sadly.
      I understand that completely! Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me.
      I think, one week is to short. It is hard to detect such hidden cheats now we signal, that this kind of cheat is harmless, and especially if the cheater writes many and long arguments.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      Ich trage keinen FC auf Vorrat ein, sondern nur, wenn sich ein Spiel ergibt.

Wiimm schrieb:

I think, one week is to short. It is hard to detect such hidden cheats now we signal, that this kind of cheat is harmless, and especially if the cheater writes many and long arguments.
      Hmm I'm not really too sure what to say about that. Of course, after the ban, I plan to still report cheaters and the like without the code enabled. Everyone might as well be banned from Wiimmfi for possibly using "hidden cheats".

EDIT: Didn't really know the code wasn't allowed anyway until this discussion. I wasn't trying to intentionally "cheat the system". It's clearly an honest mistake which is why I don't plan to use said code any longer. And as I thought more, it wouldn't make sense. People who trip on purpose in battles know they are disrupting battles and get a week ban. I didn't know it wasn't an allowed code and only started using it recently; I didn't know it disrupted everyone else. If I knew it wasn't allowed, of course I would try to be sly and remove that part from the video. But I didn't know it was an issue. My point is that I don't think more than a week is necessary for an action that wasn't intentional and was an accident.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zachy ()

Zachy schrieb:

Hmm I'm not really too sure what to say about that. Of course, after the ban, I plan to still report cheaters and the like without the code enabled. Everyone might as well be banned from Wiimmfi for possibly using "hidden cheats".

EDIT: Didn't really know the code wasn't allowed anyway until this discussion. I wasn't trying to intentionally "cheat the system". It's clearly an honest mistake which is why I don't plan to use said code any longer. And as I thought more, it wouldn't make sense. People who trip on purpose in battles know they are disrupting battles and get a week. I didn't know it wasn't an allowed code and only started using it recently; I didn't know it disrupted everyone else. If I knew it wasn't allowed, of course I would try to be sly and remove that part from the video. But I didn't know it was an issue. My point is that I don't think more than a week is necessary for an action that wasn't intentional and was an accident.
      When i used 'Dont lose Vr/Br For dc' I didnt know it was also a 'Dont lose items when falling down' code. I got a 2 week ban because of that code, So i am never using it again on wiimmfi.
      Just a Mkwii player ^^

Chaos-AltWFC schrieb:

Zachy schrieb:

EDIT: Didn't really know the code wasn't allowed anyway until this discussion. I wasn't trying to intentionally "cheat the system". It's clearly an honest mistake which is why I don't plan to use said code any longer. And as I thought more, it wouldn't make sense. People who trip on purpose in battles know they are disrupting battles and get a week. I didn't know it wasn't an allowed code and only started using it recently; I didn't know it disrupted everyone else. If I knew it wasn't allowed, of course I would try to be sly and remove that part from the video. But I didn't know it was an issue. My point is that I don't think more than a week is necessary for an action that wasn't intentional and was an accident.
      When i used 'Dont lose Vr/Br For dc' I didnt know it was also a 'Dont lose items when falling down' code. I got a 2 week ban because of that code, So i am never using it again on wiimmfi.
      Things happen! And some people (such as myself) genuinely don't know. The main point I'm trying to make is that people who INTENTIONALLY try to disrupt gameplay by slipping on items get a week ban usually. I just don't see the logic behind giving someone a longer ban when they didn't even know they were disrupting gameplay?

Anyway, this was a person I was going to report before all of this happened. Just to make it clear, this video is a longer one composed of multiple battles that took place BEFORE my ban and actually before I reported "Paul". So therefore, it does show the item being displayed early at various points throughout the video. Hopefully this video clears up any doubts about me supposedly making edits to receive a specific item. If this report doesn't get taken seriously due to my mistake, that's honestly fine with me. Again, I'm not the one spending hundreds of dollars to support silly people like this playing. However, I'll post this anyway and whatever happens happens. To get on more about the individual I'm reporting...

The individual "Alex" has some type of issue with multiple players in battle. I don't know what it is, but when the rooms get smaller as shown in the video, he will try to troll by erasing my items, trying to hit me with his items despite us being on the same team, sitting in front of me so I can't get any items, and hitting opponent items of course. The individuals (Kou and Alex) were wheelie dancing too which is already annoying as it is, but I don't want anyone to have a field day over that like last time. The main issue here is Alex. It's not very fun to be wanting to have a serious battle with someone, but not being able to because someone wants to be a pest. Just as a reminder: Alex was banned in the past (approximately 2-3 weeks ago actually) for this exact thing. It was hard to get it on camera because he was trying to be more discrete this time, but there are a few points in the video where it's obvious that he's trying to be in my way so I can't play normally. Here's the video:

Information-
      Name: Alex
      FC: 2926-5802-1672
      PID: wiimmfi.de/mkw/list/p600245544
      Room ID: WI97
      You activated a cheat.
      A cheat is a cheat and it doesn´t matter what type of it it is.
      You are not allowed to use cheats on wiimmfi. Else you get banned.
      The duration of the ban is decided by the moderator itselfe and may vary.

Stop this discussion now. This topic is for somthing different.

Beitrag von Zachy ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Prof. Eibe aus folgendem Grund gelöscht: I said no ().

Wiimm schrieb:

My personal thoughts were that a 1 week ban was acceptable for this kind of code because it gives a minor advantage but isn't nearly as disruptive to other racers as say, spawning infinite items, which is why I set the ban to that. I also don't think it's such a bad thing for someone to argue their case as long as they keep it civil, just in case we got something wrong.

However, if you or any other moderator wish to alter the ban, the FC is 3441-9742-7017. I think I personally am done with this ban, though.

Beitrag von Player12 ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Leseratte gelöscht ().

Neu

For some reason today 20/07 i couldn't connect to Wiimmfi even tho i did played yesterday with my friends and and some clan wars too, but i coudln't connect since i decided to upload my ghost data to ninrankings so a friend of mine could race against some of my ghosts i did this because i can not play through CTGP (disc reader does not work)

I did waited 7 days to play Wiimmfi i do not want to wait another 7 days for this again, i need some solution for this i hope somebody can help me get this through just fine

Neu

Jay2JLM schrieb:

For some reason today 20/07 i couldn't connect to Wiimmfi even tho i did played yesterday with my friends and and some clan wars too, but i coudln't connect since i decided to upload my ghost data to ninrankings so a friend of mine could race against some of my ghosts i did this because i can not play through CTGP (disc reader does not work)

I did waited 7 days to play Wiimmfi i do not want to wait another 7 days for this again, i need some solution for this i hope somebody can help me get this through just fine
      You won't be able to get any help without more information. What error did you get? What is your profile FC?

Neu

Hunter9999vr schrieb:

Jay2JLM schrieb:

You won't be able to get any help without more information. What error did you get? What is your profile FC?
      I think the only error code that needs you wait a week is 23899/23887. I know that those are for console activation but I've been week-banned before and had this error code and I'm pretty sure anything longer than 1 week is 23917.

Neu

Hunter9999vr schrieb:

Jay2JLM schrieb:

The error code to wait 7 days to play on Wiimmfi servers, i don't get why i'm getting this error code if i was able to play a day before it happened