About banning

Glad to hear that everything is back up and running. Had several successful races without issue.
      Using Riivolution and want access to Wiimmfi?

Download the NEW Wiimmfi Riivoluton 2017 Update!

FYI I use mkw-ana anytime I go on Mario Kart Wii. If you need a dump about a specific ban to analyze it please pm me the date since that's how I name my files (yyyy-mm-dd.eth)

Wiimm schrieb:

Sorry for accidentally banning players of world wide!

Internally, worldwide is handled as region -1. Because of a mistake at the new interface (enabled param printed with identity %u as 18446744073709551615, but scanned as -1), ww was disabled accidentally. I saw it in the night, but I haven't any chance to fix before the morning.
      To be honest that was way too hilarious :P

A problem that was only there for around 10 Hours and people acted like the World was going to end :D

Jesus christ guys when Wiimmfi is down for 10 hours next year just go to a bar and drink a cup of milk.

Tock schrieb:

Wiimm schrieb:

Sorry for accidentally banning players of world wide!

Internally, worldwide is handled as region -1. Because of a mistake at the new interface (enabled param printed with identity %u as 18446744073709551615, but scanned as -1), ww was disabled accidentally. I saw it in the night, but I haven't any chance to fix before the morning.
      To be honest that was way too hilarious :P
      A problem that was only there for around 10 Hours and people acted like the World was going to end :D

Jesus christ guys when Wiimmfi is down for 10 hours next year just go to a bar and drink a cup of milk.
      or just play another game like mario kart 8

Neu

People get auto-banned for that all the time, the description has just been changed slightly. There's basically a big piece of text in CTGP that effectively says "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON" and if people click it they get banned. Basically, while the Worldwide Battle button has been disabled in CTGP, attempting to join a friend's Worldwide battle has not been disabled (needs more research), so I just kindly ask people not to do it. And Wiimmfi enforces it if people ignore me :P

Neu

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

People get auto-banned for that all the time, the description has just been changed slightly. There's basically a big piece of text in CTGP that effectively says "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON" and if people click it they get banned. Basically, while the Worldwide Battle button has been disabled in CTGP, attempting to join a friend's Worldwide battle has not been disabled (needs more research), so I just kindly ask people not to do it. And Wiimmfi enforces it if people ignore me :P
      Are you actually going to reply to any of my messages anytime soon and hold onto your dignity or just keep continuously pretending that I don't exist at all? I'm so interested to know, looking forward to your response. If you don't reply to me, I've answered my own question we're going to continue to be very petty.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Cady Heron ()

Beitrag von spongebobfan ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde vom Autor gelöscht ().

Neu

spongebobfan schrieb:

so we cant use battle mode in ctgp anymore why cause countdown gets really annoying i played it a few times it was ok but got annoying after a while
      This is a mix of you beeing stupid and unpolite at the same time. You can still play battle if you have ctgp, just turn CTs off and you can play normal battles.
      It´s very simple:
      CTs ON = Countdown
      CTs OFF = Battle

The fact that those 2 groups of people can join each other if they have them on their friendlist is not the ctgp creators fault, and if people manage to not see the big fat message telling you to literally "DONT JOIN ME" it´s their fault for doing so.
      If you dont like Countdown, just dont play it, and if you didnt know that you have to disable CTs to play regular battle WWs then its your fault, it has been mentioned multiple times on this forum already.
      I dont like countdown but i dont care about it, some people like it and some dont, i still dont talk in such a disrespectful way about it (atleast not on public forums)

:luigi1:

Discord: Raptor#3687

Beitrag von Hunter9999vr ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde vom Autor gelöscht ().

Neu

Wiimm schrieb:

I got a longer PM as reaction of above message at another forum. I'm angry about the educational flair of the PM. Extract:
      .... missing of param "enabled-1" ..... test server ..... 24/7 .....
      1.) Don't forget, that this is a private project. I'm not payed. So there is no 24 hours and 7 days per week service!!

2.) Yes, I have a test server and I usually test all new code at the test server before transferring it to the product server. And this code was also tested at the test server first. But I can't test all combinations of input for all situations. Overall, Wiimmfi is very stable, and more stable than some services of multi million dollar companies!

3.) About HTML checkboxes:
      If not checked, the param is simply absent. So the input scanner has no chance to find out, why the enabled button is not set (not checked or wrong name).
      Hey Wimm, trying to not go off topic but someone claim you stole ALTwfc files and you claimed all the work, is this true?

Neu

Cady Heron schrieb:

Are you actually going to reply to any of my messages anytime soon and hold onto your dignity or just keep continuously pretending that I don't exist at all? I'm so interested to know, looking forward to your response. If you don't reply to me, I've answered my own question we're going to continue to be very petty.
      What's there to say? I already told you before, there's no room for debate, and that has not changed. And no, I will not reply any more than this in the interest of preventing topic flooding. If you have a problem, please bring it up to a higher level moderator than me.

Neu

ToyotaMKW schrieb:

Hey Wimm, trying to not go off topic but someone claim you stole ALTwfc files and you claimed all the work, is this true?
      This is definitely not true. Wiimmfi did use the altwfc natneg code during development (I'd say from mid-April 2014 to the beginning of May 2014) and we used some code of the SAKE as a reference, but all the servers running on Wiimmfi since its release (May 10th, 2014) are programmed by either Wiimm or me, and the SAKE server has since been rewritten by Wiimm only from my documentation, so no traces from AltWFC there either.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Beitrag von spongebobfan ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von StarWolf3000 aus folgendem Grund gelöscht: No personal insults! ().

Neu

My natneg is quite terrible. When I tried playing a week ago, it was over an hour before I successfully joined a WW. It keeps connecting me to rooms and then gets stuck at the end of the race (Please wait...) until it disconnects. No internet problems otherwise.

Even when it does successfully join (about once every 20 attempts), it'll hang after three races or so. Been like this for over a year. Guess I just keep putting up with it

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.

Neu

ToyotaMKW schrieb:

First, it is not possible to steal AltWFC code, because it is open source under GPL.

The only AltWFC code we ever used was the NATNEG server in April 2014, before Wiimmfi was published and before I wrote my own NATNEG. The AltWFC NATNEG was very buggy at that time.

And in my eyes, AltWFC is not really usable for more than 10 players. That's the reason, that all servers (except NAS and GPCM) are written in C. And Wiimmfi has much more features. So how can I use ALTWFC code if I really want?

Read this for details: wiimmfi.de/development

Summary:
      * Wiimmfi and AltWFC based on my knowledge (written to the Wiki since 2011).
      * Wiimmfi is much more than AltWFC, and also much more that Nintendo ever was.
      * Wiimmfi is much faster than AltWFC (compiled MASTER, MS, NATNEG, SV and JOB servers).
      * All compiled servers run a single thread monolith -> total other programming philosophy.
      * Wiimmfi can handle much more players at same time than AltWFC.
      * Wiimmfi uses a total different data(base) model.
      * Wiimmfi uses a total different inter process communication.
      * The Wiimmfi server was fully functional long before AltWFC was.
      Because of this, AltWFC code is not usable by Wiimmfi.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      Ich trage keinen FC auf Vorrat ein, sondern nur, wenn sich ein Spiel ergibt.

Beitrag von Cady Heron ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von StarWolf3000 gelöscht ().

Beitrag von Shuik1 ()

Beitrag von Shuik1 ()

Beitrag von Shuik1 ()