Collecting Error Codes

NRStar schrieb:

Not yet. Do I just download the wiimmfi patcher to my sd card?
      Yes, you run the Wiimmfi Disc Patcher before playing a disc based game; for USB backups, you need to patch the ISO/WBFS.

23502 sounds like an AltWFC error tbh; check your Wii's DNS, because iirc AltWFC keeps going down and 502 would signal it going down. If it is set to altwfc's dns, then change it back :p
      Please do not PM me. If you PM me without valid reason, I will block you from doing so. Thank you.
      I feel like I didn’t really explain this clear enough so here’s a description I actually play ctgp-r on Wii U and recently got it. When I first tried loading wiimmfi on it, an error code popped up- 23502 and I was confused when I looked this error up on wiimmfi.de. So I came here to try and fix it. First of all from PokeAcer’s last response, what is altWFC and how do I check my Wii U’s DNS. Earlier Wiimm described 23502 like this: HTTP error code: 502Bad Gateway. What does this mean? Also since I run wiimmfi on ctgp it should allready be patched.
      I know, but I haven't time to analyze it yet. Other projects are more important for me.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.

PokeAcer schrieb:

messageDL returns HTTP304 still.
      That should be fixed now.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

messages should work again.

Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      Wiimmfi never sent 23800.

I always get error code 10331 after trying to download a champion ghost (global, continental) in Mario Kart Wii.
      My FC is 2067-5878-0776.

Also, the solution for error code 20103 is not correct. It tells you that you have to initialize your console. I got this error several times already and it always got fixed by simply going back to the Wii menu and trying it again.

EDIT: When I try to download rival ghost data, I get the error code 10351 instead. The error page suggests to "remove old ghosts from your profile", which isn't applicable for me, because I only have one ghost (created some minutes ago), which is the one that makes the rival appear.

EDIT 2: Also, sometimes in the continental top 10 leaderboards, there are entries of players from outside of Europe (where I live)...

EDIT 3: Also, in some rankings, the "champion" does not match the first place on the Top 10 list.

I also found out that the error 20103 occurs when I try to use the Mario Kart Wii channel instead of directly the Wiimmfi-patched game.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lettendo ()

When attempting to download ghosts through GHOSTS>GHOST RACE on Mario Kart Wii, on a Wii, with an original wbfs file, after successfully doing the message reset, with the competition patch, using USB Loader GX, and using USB Loader GX's wiimmfi.de private server setting. This does not work, unfortunately, but it's not documented or indicated on wii.guide or anywhere else.

The problem, after creating multiple new saves and running the competition patch multiple times, seemed to be that I had to actually patch my wbfs file for wiimmfi, as the wiimmfi.de private server setting wasn't able to do everything. Even if I forced the competition patcher to download tournament data, which it successfully could do (however, I never did wait to see if it would download on the non-patched wbfs, only forcing it through the patcher), ghost data still produced the 98910 error. Once I patched my wbfs with mkw-wiimmfi-patcher-v3 and used that instead, a ghost successfully downloaded.

EDIT:
      I do, however, still receive 10331 when trying to download time trial ghosts on regional or worldwide in RANKINGS>TIME TRIAL RANKINGS. If it's helpful, I could do some packet logging and send that to someone. I'd rather not post it publicly.

EDIT2:
      It looks like the failures of 10331 (world champion ghost download) and 10351 (nearest rival ghost download), in my case, are making connections only to 46.4.79.141, but the successful requests, such as viewing the worldwide top 10 list for a track and downloading and watching a wii staff ghost make their connections only to 164.132.44.106.

That should certainly help the developers see what the problem is, I would think.

EDIT3:
      So, how do I get this information into the hands of the right people? Is it for RiiConnect24's DNS server to handle, or for the mkw-wiimmfi-patcher-v3 people to handle, or both?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von Jon8RFC ()

@FancyDolphin No, you are an idiot.

First, version 4 is only an update for SSBB.
      Second, the ingame leaderboards do work.
      Third, he didn't say anything about RC24 at all
      Fourth, the private server setting in USB-Loader GX does NOT work fine, it doesn't patch all the necessary patches for ghosts and rankings.

Don't claim others are wrong if you don't understand the topic yourself.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

FancyDolphin schrieb:

@Jon8RFC You're an idiot.
      1. The latest version of the Wiimmfi ISO patcher is v4.
      2. The inagme leaderboards don't work in Wiimmfi.
      3. RC24 DNS doesn't cause any problems with anything Wiimmfi related.
      4. The Wiimmfi.de private server setting does work fine.
      @FancyDolphin
      I took your comment, that I'm "an idiot", to heart and was embarrassed. So, I decided to look in to all of your comments more thoroughly as a result. I encountered an error number which doesn't have a specific reference and the page requested further details, pointing me to this specific forum and thread...so I just went further as I found my way through it.

With regard to #1--you're not only calling me an idiot, you're calling everyone an idiot who uses mkw-wiimmfi-patcher-v3, including the people at wii.guide and wiimmfi. There is a specific patcher for MarioKart. Whether or not the unique patcher specificity is just for GUI textual changes is not something I can comment on, but I used it anyway because it's specific to the game and made by the same group of people. At your mention, I tested the only other applicable patchers available--the generic, non-mariokart v4 you're referencing (which didn't resolve any additional issues) and mariokart T09 (which also didn't resolve any additional issues but isn't referenced as the one to use, possibly because it's not considered a finished product for mass consumption). The patcher, mkw-wiimmfi-patcher-v3 works as it is, and it's specific to MarioKart, so I'm sticking with that one until I hear otherwise, but there isn't a ton of information out there as it is.

With regard to #2--the leader boards do work. I've viewed leader boards for multiple tracks, both regional and worldwide. You just have to follow the instructions and use an appropriate patcher. However, the leader boards don't work if you're just using the wiimmfi.de private server setting. Please review the following screenshots of DNS data packets going to/from the Wii.
      The first is most likely to be your situation without leader boards, as a result of the private server setting not changing the domain from nintendowifi.net, but it does change the others as you can see. The second is with leader boards working when someone is using a patched game, which does change the domain used for leader boards, among other things I don't even know about:
      imgur.com/a/d9CITFp
      imgur.com/a/XUx9vId
      Here's a screenshot of what some of the DNS packets would look like as if it was 2009, and Nintendo WFC was working (wiimmfi is not in play to change domains, but RiiConnect24 is, which updates the DNS records):
      imgur.com/a/8JQ8xOu

With regard to #3--if you had done your own packet sniffing, you might be pondering similar things if you're not well-versed (and I'm certainly not) in data packet interpretation or how mariokart works online. MarioKart uses gamespy.net in ways which I don't understand, according to the data packets. That has me thinking that a DNS server, somewhere, has to account for that. RC24 does so (I did an nslookup using RC24 versus my ISP's and Google's DNS servers to confirm), but maybe it points to an IP of the user authentication server rather than the ghost database server, for instance. That's not something I would know, but if it's a simple oversight like that that I can help find, I'm happy to dig around where I can and help the smarter people figure out the bigger problems. That's why I wondered if RC24 might play a role somehow on either the problem or solution side of things. I just don't know enough about all of this.

With regard to #4--see my answer to #2. It does not do everything, or else you'd be able to see leader boards...and who knows what else it might not be doing correctly. I'm certainly not smart enough to figure it all out.

My goal was to share potentially-useful information, even though my knowledge is extremely elementary. Wiimmfi explicitly requests information on unknown error codes, which is what led me here.
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Here's a frivolous and braggy short story to try and show that I don't believe I'm an idiot even though I make plenty of embarrassing mistakes, but do enjoy problem-solving anyway:

When I worked at Nintendo (as a lowly call center guy) when the Wii was first released in the USA, I solved two unknown error codes within the first week or two of release. My boss sent the problems and my solutions to the software engineers, they confirmed my hypotheses and sent out an high-priority email to the entirety of support with the troubleshooting information and solutions. I realized some things, so dug in to it with the knowledge I had on my own, and figured out some things which saved countless people lots of time and frustration over the years...including myself, when I reconnected my Wii after 4+ years of not using it. I just enjoy solving problems, especially if it means that my elementary ideas and research help someone smarter than me (wiimmfi/rc24 developers, in particular) to come up with a solution based on something I mention. Or, maybe the answer for 10331 will just be "after looking into it, it turns out that 10331 is basically a halfway 404-type error for the database, meaning that we have a database entry for the particular track record, the game sees that database entry and requests ghost data, but we don't have the ghost data even though we have the recorded time and player name/ID for the ghost data". I'd rather have an issue resolved than just sit idly by if I might be able to contribute something useful.

With that goal in mind, now you know that you can patch your MarioKart game and view the leader boards, even if you can't get ghost data from time trials...yet. Maybe you'll have a new idea yourself and we can get something solved together.