Homebrew Channel-based Automatic Wiimmfi Disc Patcher

Homebrew Channel-based Automatic Wiimmfi Disc Patcher

I have been working recently to make a Homebrew Channel app capable of patching the inserted game disc to use Wiimmfi, and it appears to be going well from tests by both me and other people. It can only patch original game discs, so it can't be used on mods like those that use Riivolution, or Wii Menu channels. It also does not support ISOs, but there are many tools already that can patch those, so I'm not too worried about that. Ideally, I want more time to work on this, but as the deadline is approaching quickly, I'm going to make this public for the time being for full tests, etc, in case I don't get any more work done in time.

The download link is:
      chadsoft.co.uk/downloads/autowiimmfipatcher0.5.zip

It's not at all pretty, using a console during the loading and you can't specify any options, but it's quite functional and should work with many games. If it doesn't work with a specific game, feel free to let me know. Ensure that your game is on the compatible games list before telling me if it doesn't work, though! I'll update the post/thread as and when I release additional updates for it.

Instructions:

Extract all of the contents of the ZIP to the root of an SD card (both folders inside are important).
      Run your Homebrew Channel, find the app labelled Wiimmfi Patcher.
      Run that, and insert a game disc that you'd like to patch.
      Wait a few moments and the game should load. You can then try using Wiimmfi!

Some games may load slightly slowly or stutter during play when using this patcher; this is because I have to detect REL and other files on the fly that might contain server strings, and patch them. The routine that does this can sometimes be inefficient, which can cause a bit of slowdown. If a game appears to have crashed, give it a good few seconds to recover before ruling it out as dead.
      It should work on both Wii and Wii U, too. Feel free to test either one out.

Have fun, everyone!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von MrBean35000vr ()

This is highly recommended to everyone who is considering flooding the wiimmfi-Patch threads with questions. It doesn't get more idiot proof than this: Setup HBC (which you need anyway), put this app on your SD (which you'd do the same way with any other HB app like usb loader etc.) start the app and put your original game disk in (which you own anyway). Presto. ^^

I'm sure issues will be found (and fixed) but the basic functionality is there and works well. Thank you!
      CTGP-R 1.03 will get patched via the CTGP-R-Channel as soon as the official servers are shut down.

@MrBean35000vr:

Readme schrieb:

If you get error codes, check nas.wiimmfi.de/stat to find out why.

You better put "http://wiimmfi.de/error" in the readme.
      Also, one does not need to make a new profile but simply start the savegame app by Maschell and wait a little time: download.wiimm.de/wiimmfi/mkw-profile-dumper.zip

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

@MrBean3500vr you should add the bmg patches into the channel too.

2012-2018 Horsti12, seit 2019 Larry98

eN-t schrieb:

Ganz ungeachtet dessen sollte das auch als Spaß zu verstehen sein - wenn man daran denkt, was manche Benutzer für Posts verfassen, wenn sie irgendwelche Probleme haben... "Hilfe, mein Wii-Controller ist kaputt und stinkt nach Feuer" - "was hast du denn gemacht?" - "die Batterien waren alle, da habe ich ein 230 Volt Kabel an die Kontakte gelötet und in die Steckdose gesteckt" :haha:

Sorry for Offtopic, back to topic 8-)

Tock schrieb:

Jemanden hier in unserem Dorf ist mal das Haus abgebrannt... Seit dem Tag schlafe ich nur noch unter der Brücke damit mir das nicht passiert!

Yoshi9288 schrieb:

Hmm, mein 3DS fällt immernoch vom Tisch und das troz der vielen Stabilitätsupdates. Also Nintendo, das kann es doch echt nicht sein, der 3DS müsste nun normalerweise Bombenfest auf dem Tisch kleben.

Leseratte schrieb:

You better put "http://wiimmfi.de/error" in the readme.
      Also, one does not need to make a new profile but simply start the savegame app by Maschell and wait a little time: download.wiimm.de/wiimmfi/mkw-profile-dumper.zip

I fixed the readme and also added information about the savegame app to it. The download has been updated with the changes.
      I just tried this out the other day with Mario Kart Wii and it works perfectly. I then tried it on Animal Crossing: City Folk and after the warning comes up that says to wear your wrist strap the game goes black and stays there. I was doing some searching today and found a post talking about very long wait times during the black screens but that the game will come back and you can play online. Other than that I couldn't find much else on the subject. I haven't been able to find any dedicated or game specific thread about Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wiimmfi so I figured I would post this here. I'm at work now and can't test this out. But I was just wondering if this is a known issue with that game. I'm going to try ripping the game and patching it for use in USB Loader GX next to see if that speeds anything up. Does anyone have any experience with this game or what the best way is to get that game working online on the Wiimmfi server? Thanks.
      Automatic Wiimmfi patcher is naturally slower than patching an image and loading that from a HDD. The loading time with Automatic Wiimmfi patcher depends on the game and could be further optimized for each game, but this would require respective testing (the app currently checks for files not use by all games, but required to work by those who contain them). This could be done if MrBean35000vr is willing to implement necessary changes.
      Yeah, I knew it was going to be slower but it seems like its going to take me half an hour just to be able to open my gate and to allow people to play online. Like I said, I'm going to try patching the ISO tonight and see how it does. I'll post back with my results. On another note, is there any official thread on a game by game basis where we can go and exchange friend codes and help each other out with specific game related problems? And if not, is there anyway for a mod to create something like that? Like a stickied thread topic for each compatible game for the server and everyone can post there if they need help or want friend codes?

Terbak schrieb:

Bump? I would like the Actual Disc owners of Animal Crossing to be able to get to other cities without the 30 min load times. PLEASE and THANK you in advance. :)
      That's probably not going to happen soon since @MrBean35000vr has not even acknowledged the glitch's existence. USB Loader GX's private server patch works, though.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      @MrBean35000vr
      I'm wondering how you load/run games with this patcher because some games seem to not working properly. Specially games using Hermes CIOS223 like Monster Hunter Tri. They behave like when we don't use this CIOS (which is probably the case). Does someone has tested this patcher with games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Skate it or others? Usually when the wrong IOS is used most USB devices will not work like USB Keyboard, USB Microphone, etc... Plus the game may crash or not load at all.

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

Er, excuse me? I'm always acknowledging the glitch's existence. Just, uh... not fixing it.

But actually, I am going to fix it soon, since I'm updating this patcher anyway with the anti-cheat. So the next version will contain an (untested) AC fix.
      I've never seen you talk about it here or in any of your videos/streams.

I guess I'll gust wait for the update so I can stop using USBLGX to play AC online, then.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      So when person A distrubutes main.dol and person B distributes every other file in the image, it would be perfectly legal to download all of them since one of the parts on its own can not be used? Interesting understanding of copyright ...

Copyright is copyright, no matter how useful or useless a file is.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Greetings! At long last, I have updated this patcher to v0.4. Get it here: chadsoft.co.uk/downloads/autowiimmfipatcher0.4.zip

This version should fix the long Animal Crossing load times, and has the Gamestats skip for Mario Strikers Charged built in.

In the next version, I'm hoping to implement Ignorance is Bliss for MKWii, and improve the Gamestats skip code so that it skips only if the Gamestats server is missing, since it may be repaired at some point. Not sure how long this will all take.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von MrBean35000vr ()