Tatsunoko vs Capcom Players Thread

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Players Thread

Hello, this is a thread for TvC players to set up times to play. This is important because there are still a few issues to work out.

TVC is working but FCs and Rival adds do not work yet/ ntsc &pal cannot match. I am migrating to Wiimfii server as it is easier to set up than ALTWFC server and connection time is much faster on Wiimfii. I believe this will be the server of choice for TvC in the months to come.

If you are going to be online and looking for matches please post here.

GT: os_bboy

snt schrieb:

This is a Wiimmfi match from a few nights ago. It took about 5 seconds for the server to connect us after starting a search. :thumbup:

youtu.be/Lm8rEZjARF0

Shall I change to status to XXX?

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.

Wiimm schrieb:

Shall I change to status to XXX?
      I would change the status to "Free battle fully supported"

Rank battles actually do save your promotions, but you get a disconnect message after the end of each match. When you find your next match, your promotion is still there. True players of this game don't really care about ranked, with all the rage quitters and cheating (d/cing before a loss to save rank). This was ranked battle on the Nintendo Network: :hate2:

Ciapa schrieb:

Maybe it's due to the missing gamestats.

That is what we think...when the match is over it goes to a win/loss screen and that is where the d/c happens; Probably an error when trying to write to the missing gs server. I will try to get the dumps for you.

***UPDATE: PAL/NTSC matches do work! I played my sensei (lol) today. That is a match between Texas and Croatia...and the connection was great.

Ciapa schrieb:

The website says "Entry not found"
      That is odd. I have the page open, but cant paste the url or find it in his blogs.

SMTDDR wrote:
      So, let’s discuss the Tatsunoko-vs-Capcom(TvC) traffic. Particularly a Ranking match’s scoring conversation:

Below is the traffic of winning a match:

GET /tatvscapwii/web/client/put2.asp?pid=249190728 HTTP/1.1
      Host: gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net
      User-Agent: GameSpyHTTP/1.0
      Connection: close

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 13:08:35 GMT
      Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
      p3p: CP='NOI ADMa OUR STP'
      X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
      cluster-server: gstprdweb12.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Content-Length: 32
      Content-Type: text/html
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDTSCD=KOEKABKCPAPGEFONCEHADKEA; path=/
      Cache-control: private

Eisq8fZ2s33Wriz3iku8rE9Tz1WgWh4x

GET /tatvscapwii/web/client/put2.asp?pid=249190728&hash=a619fbb3a5fe6b680ae70a747dc2c747e256502d&data=aFtrRUhZ2g5cAAAA_wAAAAAAAABgHwAATAAAAAAACCsAAAAAAAADPwAADI4AAB9gAAAAAP__Izn__x4OAAD__wAAAAEAAAATAFMATQBUAEAARABEAFIAIAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      cluster-server: gstprdweb13.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Content-Length: 44
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDQQCADDRC=FNGBCLJCKMKJGCDPPGCPGNJG; path=/

doneb7e684e8313b5729fd1c70a3fc19e425700449f6

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      cluster-server: gstprdweb11.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDSATQCABT=LMKHNBKCKKHKMLCLAFMBBCFN; path=/

fJmleCovupF2RaTTdbUkdUxSnlzRaqcQ

GET /tatvscapwii/web/client/put2.asp?pid=249190728&hash=0d776df35c1cc4a4e52445255428d3a4a1d12e09&data=aFtoZUhZ2g5cAAAA_wAAAAIAAABSAAAATAAAAAAAABsAAAAAAAAACAAAACQAAABSAAAAAP__Izn__x4OAAD__wAAAAEAAAATAFMATQBUAEAARABEAFIAIAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      cluster-server: gstprdweb15.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDSSBBQQBD=CIIPBAKCNLGHPELOCKLHBAGH; path=/

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 13:08:36 GMT
      cluster-server: gstprdweb12.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCSBDTSCD=HAFKABKCDOEDAGJHINNOCGHE; path=/

MOQ13Tc1lPwq2HkKvTe15iwTSvKQSTdw

GET /tatvscapwii/web/client/put2.asp?pid=249190728&hash=179ddea6eb183a252e3737c43aba5194b3537d90&data=aFtoYUhZ2g5cAAAA_wAAAAYAAABSAAAATAAAAAAAABsAAAAAAAAACAAAACQAAABSAAAAAP__Izn__x4OAAD__wAAAAEAAAATAFMATQBUAEAARABEAFIAIAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 13:08:36 GMT
      cluster-server: gstprdweb15.las1.colo.ignops.com
      Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDSSBBQQBD=MIIPBAKCBEICEFDBAFOCKIHD; path=/

So, first it sends the PID(unique to each online player) to get a string, then sends a hash & a data field. If you read projectpokemon.org/wiki/GTS_protocol,
      you’ll see the work hackers have done for Pokemon. It has helped me
      understand what I’m looking at with TvC.
      So now I know that the first string Nintendo gives me is a token, the
      hash the game sends back is sha1(salt + token), and the data is a
      base64_urlsafe_encoding of game info. Probably scoring and the like. One
      very important thing, the most important part in fact, that the
      PokemonGTS people have is the salt. I don’t know what the salt is for
      TvC. If I did, things would get very interesting and that would probably
      be the end of TvC ranking matches because of hackers spoofing scores.
      I’ve since written a relay-server in python to intercept these
      communications, allowing me to make settle changes. So I can say a few
      things:

The data string has nothing to do with the hash, in that I can reuse
      an old data string with newer hashes over & over.
      No matter what the hash & data string is, the reply is always the
      same. doneb7e684e8313b5729fd1c70a3fc19e425700449f6. If this is changed,
      the WII replies with RST-packet and goes offline. No doubt, this is
      unique to each PID
      If I alter the data arbitrarily, Nintendo replies validation-error.
      If I alter the hash, Nintendo replies invalid hash
      If I wait too long to send the hash(10 seconds or so), Nintendo replies
      token expired
      If I repeat the pid+hash+data send, Nintendo accepts the repeats over
      & over again. Even if I change the data string for each request. So,
      the hash can be reused until it expires.
      If I send a pid bigger than 10 digits, Nintendo replies with:

unhandled overflow exception:
      Microsoft JScript runtime error ‘800a0006′
      Overflow /tatvscapwii/web/session.inc, line 41
      If I send a pid that’s not all digits e.g. 2938F83, Nintendo replies with :
      unhandled exception:
      Type mismatch /tatvscapwii/web/session.inc, line 41
      If I replace the token from the server with a ” “(white space), the game
      sends RST-packet and goes offline. And… that’s about it! Still
      collecting more info about this!

------------------------------------------------

I'm pming you "part one" of this, as it has some server hack info
      I'll implement a Dummy Server in the next days, maybe tomorrow in school after my last exam(yay)
      So for now, you can't do anything more. But thanks for the Plaintext of the Nintendowifi Traffic, then I don't have to find these packets in wireshark...
      Hopefully this game handles the Gamestats Responses like Mario Strikers Charged, so I don't need to reverse the whole answers and can just always send the same answer for every request. With this, the game works, but it's not customized by the Gamestats
      @snt
      the "done......." is always the same as the last 40 bytes are just for verification, a SHA-1 hash based on the sent data, here "done".
      Done is always replied when the client uploads something to the Gamestats.
      14.932 bytes pure destruction.
      Due to altwfc being down and Wiimmfi's inability to support TVC (they have no copies to test) a dedicated Tatsunoko vs Capcom server is up and running.

This server will only host TvC, no other games will be added. Ranked battles are now working. Moderation is strict and the core players are very close to the administrator. Rage quitting or disconnecting from wifi to save battle points will not be tolerated. Your console will be banned with no chance of getting back on.

Thanks to those at Wiimm who supported TvC, we know its not the most popular game in the world.

FAQ and how to get online (riivolution, no homebrew app)
      tatvscapxonline.wordpress.com/
      Detailed video on using letterbomb to install riivolution

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

point to:
      dns1.stabletransit.com

snt schrieb:

(...) and Wiimmfi's inability to support TVC (they have no copies to test) (...)

For a game to be supported the players (!) of the game need to be willing to do the testing and collecting the necessary technical info. If you are moving elsewhere and no TvC player remains it probably better to deactivate TvC on Wiimmfi (at least for the time being until there's a player willing to do the testing again).

Ciapa schrieb:

TvC CAN work on Wiimmfi using Gamestats. I already played a round with a Friend in the same LAN(Gamestats was involved) and it worked.
      But I am not willing to develop something if the community is not supporting me.

I remember you starting to develop the gamestats server; i was very hopeful.

What happened was completely out of my hands; I asked SMT if he would get some dumps for TvC so Wiimm could review the data. His response was it was easier for him to just host his own server.

I did encourage him after Polaris went down and we hadnt been able to get on Wiimm for almost a month. Again, it was ultimately SMT's choice. Perhaps it would be best to take TvC off Wiimm since we are developing a website to drive traffic to us. No point in splitting the user base. Thank you again Ciapa for any work you have done.
      Who is SMT and why does everything depend on him? The Wiimmfi stats lists TvC having 306 registered accounts, that's the third most on Wiimmfi right after the juggernauts that are MKW and SSBB. Of all these players only two need to be willing to do testing (which is playing while documenting it), and at least one for traffic capturing (capturing traffic while playing). The game reportedly already worked before, so it's likely not even a major issue hindering it to work now.

Sometime I get the impression people like to think stuff magically works, and if it doesn't everyone gets all passive and reclusive instead doing something about it.
      The real fact is that TvC is not working over Wiimmfi for at least 1 Month and don´t support "Ranked Battles" . Maybe Ciapa should consider deactivated TvC cause to all of Users sends the same error trying to get in it. It´s hard but is true. We are exhausted to have always the same errors.

And If SNT tells the truth and Ranked battles are now available it definitely deserves a chance to play some battles cause all Users (like myself) want a dedicated Server using TvC that ensures connection will be OK anytime and matches should be awesome on it. Definitely I would try this weekend.

Wiimmfi should be awesome for other games maybe not called Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Regards to all of you and Thxs for all

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von jonydark ()

@jonydark
      First things first: Ciapa, not Ciara...
      Sometimes I think people tend to just demand stuff, here full support for TvC, not doing anything for it(testing and stuff). Wiimmfi was made by an handful of people and tested by some more. Noone is going to force you to use Wiimmfi, but it's definetly much more performant than Polaris.
      Just my two cents. If anyone wants to help/test with development, currently busy with school again but I could realize something.
      14.932 bytes pure destruction.

snt schrieb:

Due to altwfc being down and Wiimmfi's inability to support TVC (they have no copies to test) a dedicated Tatsunoko vs Capcom server is up and running.

This server will only host TvC, no other games will be added. Ranked battles are now working. Moderation is strict and the core players are very close to the administrator. Rage quitting or disconnecting from wifi to save battle points will not be tolerated. Your console will be banned with no chance of getting back on.

Thanks to those at Wiimm who supported TvC, we know its not the most popular game in the world.

FAQ and how to get online (riivolution, no homebrew app)
      tatvscapxonline.wordpress.com/
      Detailed video on using letterbomb to install riivolution

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

point to:
      dns1.stabletransit.com

SNT: Finally the last day before tomorrow I got back the Tatsunoko´s disc.

Today I tried and did step by step what you commented and I tell you that definitely It works, :) :D
      I´m online right now and a little bit happy

I couldn´t play with anyone but I was online looking for some players. I begun like a "Begineer" that was supposed to be. This game rules!!!

I will tell just one thing SNT: Your disc method SNT should include an "USB method", cause my friends rarely have the disc and they usually will try to connect using their USB and you have to include a patch or kind of or something to let them play (that´s the most people that I know that gets in very frequently to online mode). A video containing that information, will be a good idea. This will be good times, but USB users must be consider to increase the numbers of Users of this magnificent game.

Mission Accomplished but 1 thing left once and for all to get Complete Mission

Ciapa you need to check what you implemented before, cause Wiimmfi server was good enought but if errors continue appearing I suppose Letterbomb will get all traffic very soon just TvC the rest of games are totally splendid and services works awesome.

See Ya
      ps. I will comment to my friends that "disc method" really works

datschge schrieb:

Q: Who is SMT and why does everything depend on him?

A: Sometime I get the impression people like to think stuff magically works, and if it doesn't everyone gets all passive and reclusive instead doing something about it.

Interesting, you answered you own question.

The number of users you mentioned have not been able to connect for a month. SMT is a super nice person who used his own programming knowledge and resources to host a sever for people who dont have the time, tools or knowledge to be testers. You may think its really simple but that is because you are most likely an "above average intelligence" person.

snt schrieb:

Interesting, you answered you own question.

The number of users you mentioned have not been able to connect for a month. SMT is a super nice person who used his own programming knowledge and resources to host a sever for people who dont have the time, tools or knowledge to be testers. You may think its really simple but that is because you are most likely an "above average intelligence" person.

No I didn't. Please refrain from putting words into others mouth. Until a couple months ago I didn't have any of the knowledge to be helpful. Only thanks to the help and documentation of others I was able to learn what's need to test a game, and that's not complicated at all once one gets the hang of it (which is why I was willing to test all the games I got my hands on and are fully supported now). I'm also willing to help others to get to that point, but for that such persons need to show up and show willingness to do so.

And all you just said is that all those people ran for help to someone not involved with Wiimmfi at all, and by your own admission not interested in cooperating with anyone here. So nobody ever reported (nevermind detailed and documented) the issues with TvC here, and in face of such glaring lack of feedback you seriously wonder why the issues never got fixed.