Competitions / WC24

So something weird happened to me today. Normally when I use my Wii with USB Loader GX I always turn it off by selecting "Full Shutdown". Well I had accidentally turned on my Wii so I turned it off by hitting the power button on my WiiMote which I guess caused it to shut down into Standby Mode instead of full shutdown. Well the next day I noticed that the blue LED light around the disc slot was flashing. I turned on my Wii and saw that I had 2 messages from Nintendo. One message talking about how to transfer data from the Wii to the Wii U and the other talking about the shutdown of Nintendo's WFC. So I'm guessing that those were 2 unread messages I had that never made it to my Wii until I just now had it in Standby Mode and they were finally sent from a server that is still running. Not sure if any of the information is new to any of you but I just thought I would let you know in case you can do something with this information.
      Well, this would have been useful if you had a network dump running all night.

But thanks for the hint. My wii is currently completely turned off, I'll put it in standby and will see if I receive a message.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I think I never recieved the message about transfering data to Wii U. Only the one about shutdown. I will scan through all of my Message Board and see if it is missing, if yes, then I'll learn about how to set up a network dump and try to simulate the sending via turning Wii into standby mode. Maybe I recieve this mesaage as well.

Anyone perhaps know around what date was this "transfering to Wii U" message originally sent out worldwide?
      :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: My friend codes are: Brawl 0949-5404-5562 | Last Story (PAL) 3870 2211 5436| Mario Kart Wii 4471-1515-9200 | The Conduit 3570-8233-6342 | Water Warfare 3397-8082-8601. Message me if you add me

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von pizdek ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Well, this would have been useful if you had a network dump running all night.

But thanks for the hint. My wii is currently completely turned off, I'll put it in standby and will see if I receive a message.

My neighbors have a wii that I'm pretty sure they haven't turned on in about a year. If you tell me what I need to run a network dump, I will see if they wouldn't mind me borrowing it and maybe we can get a network dump if the message comes in.
      Here is one Tutorial from Ciapa:
      [MKWii] Create Traffic Dumps and use mkw-ana
      PS: Dont make the mkw-ana-Part in this tutorial, you dont need it :D
      Except the mkw-ana-Part, you can use this Tutorial for all games or software titles.
      Vegetarier sind viel grausamer als gedacht. Ein Schwein kann wenigstens wegrennen, aber ein Salat?!? :D :P

Kein Support per PN! Wir sind in einem Forum, und ein Forum lebt aus Fragen und Antworten.
      Was auch wichtig ist: Immer auf die Rechtschreibung achten!

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

Wer mir und sich selbst 500mb gratis-Speicher schenken will, kann sich ja unter diesem >Link<unter Dropbox registrieren ;)

Wii Konsole mit Firmware 4.1
      Mit Internet
      Zwei Gamecube-Controller
      2 Wii Fernbedienungen, von denen eine kaputt ist (ich frag mich immer noch wie das möglich ist...)
      Gemoddet nach den Regeln des ALTEN UHGs, aufgefrischt mit dem IOS-Update im neuen UHG.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von christian8246q ()

There are a few things you have to make sure:

- First start the network dump, and then the Wii for the first time (not the other way). Maybe the data is exchanged directly after start.
      - The Wii must have all WiiConnect24 settings enabled. (Best is to turn the Flashing drive light on so you can see when it works).
      - You must shut down the Wii from the System menu, not from any homebrew.
      - Please try to set the Wii's date to a date where WC24 was still on (best is somewhen in 2011)

And please tell me what Country and what Language your Wii has.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I might have found something.

Does anyone know how to use this tool?
      wiibrew.org/wiki/Wc24decrypt

The file seems to be encrypted. How do I get the needed key to decrypt?

The first page may be helpful to get the keys, thanks. I'll look into it.

The second page I already know, there is nearly nothing useful in it.

I browsed detailed through my entire almost 2-year of Message Board letters, and I can confirm that I didn't recieve Nintendo's notice of Wii U transfer tool.
      Must be that I disabled WiiConnect24 somewhere right after June 28th 2013 termination. I got the letter about the WiFi termination on March 3rd 2014, and about the WiiConnect24 termination on June 2nd 2013. So there's a chance to simulate the sending and capture the dump.

Edit:
      I asked about the date of this letter, one user got his letter on November 21st, 2013, as stated on this link: techforums.nintendo.com/message/140805#140805
      Might be that mine got stuck in the queue somehow, so I'll test my luck when I get the tools for network dump ready

:26px-WiiDrawing.svg: My friend codes are: Brawl 0949-5404-5562 | Last Story (PAL) 3870 2211 5436| Mario Kart Wii 4471-1515-9200 | The Conduit 3570-8233-6342 | Water Warfare 3397-8082-8601. Message me if you add me

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von pizdek ()

The internal KD AES key for wc24msgboardkey.bin is required. In IOS35v3088, this key is stored at 0x5f780 in 00000006.app.

I now tried to decrypt the data files, but I've downloaded IOS35v3088 and looked into the file 00000006.app, but there is no offset 0x5f780, the file is shorter. Does anyone know how to get this key?

Bad news: I was actually able to resend a previous Nintendo announcement, but I'm unable to make an own one because the files are signed by Nintendo and the Wii won't accept an unsigned file. So we'd need to patch the Wii to ignore the signature (but I do not know how).

Well, it's probably the "general" Nintendo key which is also used to sign titles. So patching this key will probably result in all original games being unable to load because of a wrong certificate.

wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiConnect24/WC24_Content

I don't know. My Wii (which has Trucha in the System IOS) does not accept my generated file. But maybe there is another error in there...

I'm able to send out one of the "old" Nintendo message files (for example the one about the WFC shutdown) because these are officially signed by nintendo.

If we want to create our own messages (which would be necessary for tournaments), someone has to find out how to patch the systemmenu / the WC24 engine to ignore the signature of the downloaded content.

So, no progress since last report.

@Leseratte can it be done by using the same concept as Trucha bug signature bypassing? I know nothing about technical ways of it, but I only grasp the glimps of the concept from reading the Ultimate guide here. Btw I still haven't pushed my Nintendo message about discontinuation. I wanna do it in real time when my capturing set up will be ready. Might take long since there's other work occupation

Mario Kart Statistics and Competitions

Hi, on the wiimmfi website it says statistics and competitions are down. I went and tried to look at the statistics on Mario kart and it let me. I then also noticed there was a competition up. I entered the competition but when i tried to send the time I got an error code. I then looked at the rankings and my time showed up against others. My question is are these features back up?

thanks in advance
      dar-and
      Hi, the mii parade and messages seem a bit odd but i turned my wii on for the first time in about a year and received only the one about the WiFi server discontinuation.

I was using wiimmfi and decided to look at the rankings to see if they were fixed. It was at this point i was able to enter a competition in Mario Kart! It is titled November 2013 and you are going round a track backwards that has loads of jumps added. I will do anything to help as long as my wii remains functional. I will keep an eye on wii parade and also i still occasionally play the ps2 online and take package dumps to send to people in charge of these servers so can do that for the wii if you want.

as my technology knowledge is low i highly suggest you check to see if you are receiving this competition.
      You are not receiving this competition.
      Since May 20th, your Wii did not receive the internal message "competition end".

So, the last tournament you got from the official servers, will stay in your save game forever.

The general "overview" about the rankings is only local. You get the "real" Top10 by clicking the Button that says "Top 10". And that does fail with a 10XXX error code at the moment.
      But this will get repaired in the future.

As soon as this bug gets fixed, you are also able to race the competition, upload the competition result and see the competition rankings - but downloading a new competition will probably be impossible or must be done using an additional homebrew app.