Does WiiConnect24 on Wiimmfi work?

Does WiiConnect24 on Wiimmfi work?

Not really sure if I am asking this right but I had a thought. As you may have seen from my Animal Crossing: City Folk thread, I am trying to exchange friend codes with other people who play on this server so I can play with them online. Even through all my efforts I still only have 4 friend codes and yet right now as I write this the stats page shows 190 profiles with 3 people online right now. Now I remember Nintendo was able to send you messages in game in the form of letter in your mailbox. But if I remember correctly, that would only happen if you had WiiConnect24 enabled. So my idea and question is if there is any way that a message could be delivered to the people online from the server saying something like, "Welcome to the Wiimmfi Server. If you are looking to exchange friend codes with people on the new servers, please do so here (Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go to the City Friend Code Exchange on the Wiimmfi servers)." You could also put any other kind of information or updates in those messages too like when the servers are going to be going down. And if other games have a similar feature you could do something like this to those games too. I don't know what would be involved in making this happen if it is even possible at all but if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Thanks.
      Delivering messages from Server - Client is not possible (and not needed) at the momemt, but we are working on some WC24 things, wich will be partly needed for Mario Kart Wii.
      Vegetarier sind viel grausamer als gedacht. Ein Schwein kann wenigstens wegrennen, aber ein Salat?!? :D :P

Kein Support per PN! Wir sind in einem Forum, und ein Forum lebt aus Fragen und Antworten.
      Was auch wichtig ist: Immer auf die Rechtschreibung achten!

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

Wer mir und sich selbst 500mb gratis-Speicher schenken will, kann sich ja unter diesem >Link<unter Dropbox registrieren ;)

Wii Konsole mit Firmware 4.1
      Mit Internet
      Zwei Gamecube-Controller
      2 Wii Fernbedienungen, von denen eine kaputt ist (ich frag mich immer noch wie das möglich ist...)
      Gemoddet nach den Regeln des ALTEN UHGs, aufgefrischt mit dem IOS-Update im neuen UHG.

christian8246q schrieb:

Delivering messages from Server - Client is not possible (and not needed) at the momemt, but we are working on some WC24 things, wich will be partly needed for Mario Kart Wii.

Thanks for the response. When you say "Delivering messages from Server - Client is not possible" do you mean currently on the Wiimmfi server it's not possible or was it not even possible on the official Nintendo servers? I don't know how other games may have done it but I know that in Animal Crossing: City Folk that Nintendo would send you messages as letters in your mailbox in game. Usually with a DLC item attached. Like I said before, I am just thinking of some way to inform the new people connecting to the Wiimmfi server of where to go to find friend codes for their game. Perfect example is I just saw like 4 posts (3 of which were from the same person) posting "Hey, add me!" which were ultimately deleted because they were spamming. Now if those people were somehow informed when they connected to the server that "If you are looking for friends codes, please visit (insert web address here)" maybe they would have posted in the right area and not have spammed. Again, I don't have the knowledge or know how to even begin to understand how Wiimmfi works or what would need to be done to do what I am suggesting and I applaud everyone involved for getting Wiimmfi as far as it is. This is just an idea I had in order to possibly make things easier to find friends.
      Connections to *.wapp.wiimmfi.de and to *.wc24.wiimmfi.de are redirected to Leserattes Server. He will try to analyze some requests. However, none has a dump of the answers, so it is more to difficult and I don't expect results.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      But if anyone wants to help me testing, send me a PN and I'll give you instructions on how to patch the Wii to connect to the Wiimmfi-WC24 (at the moment, my server) and not the official WC24.

This patching has to be done on the Wii and not in-game, and as I do not have a working patcher yet and edit the needed files with an Hex-Editor, you should only do this if you have bootmii@boot2 and a NAND backup.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Thank you for the replies and the explanation. I kinda figured it would be something complicated like that. Right now I am playing my Wii games on the Wii U. And going through the settings, it doesn't look like I have the option to enable or disable WiiConnect24 in the vWii. I do have a regular Wii with BootMii in Boot2 and a NAND Backup. It's not set up now but once I do I will message you.
      Thank you for setting up this topic. I was a big fan of WiiConnect24 when it worked (sending messages to other Wii consoles etc) and the whole Message Board concept on the Wii. I hope some progress will be made regarding this feature.
      :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: My friend codes are: Brawl 0949-5404-5562 | Last Story (PAL) 3870 2211 5436| Mario Kart Wii 4471-1515-9200 | The Conduit 3570-8233-6342 | Water Warfare 3397-8082-8601. Message me if you add me