MKWii Savegame checksum

MKWii Savegame checksum

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a checksum or something like that in the MKWii-Savegame? I tried changing my Friend code (yes, I know that I'll get 60000) by changing Offsets 0x64 to 0x67 into my new PID, but the game gave me "your save data is corrupted do you want to delete it?".

Is there any kind of checksum in the savegame to prevent cheating?

Tock schrieb:

Found something "funny". I tried to create the FC 1337-1337-1337 in my Savegame which didnt worked (probably because of the MD5 hash not matching) then i tried to copy a legit MKWii friendcode which worked and then I tried Wiimms Animal Crossing: City Folk friendcode with RMCJ replaced with RUUJ (sorry^^). At the Homescreen everything was fine but when I tried to connect to the Nintendo WFC i recieved a new FC and my RMCJ to RUUJ edit was edited back to RMCJ.

@Tock: Can you tell me how you did this?

Leseratte

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Yes there are more than one. I removed such infos from my savegame offset excel file I send your because I didnt want everyone to know how to change their friendcode and console ID in the savegame due to enough raw list being online (like Maschells).

Edit: Like I said i changed the PID and the other important stuff in the savegame for the online profiles and then also recalculated the checksum.

Edit2: Is there a good reason you want to compromise MKWiis Savegame security?^^

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tock ()