Question about BootMii, also about updating Wii when game asks

Question about BootMii, also about updating Wii when game asks

Hello I need help with the following, very noob, question:

In Readme.txt file of the Letterbomb installer (please.hackmii.com/) it says the following:

Installation instructions:
      NOTE: The HackMii Installer will automatically install BootMii as IOS upon
      startup.
      Starting with v0.7 it relies on it and there is no way to prevent
      this step.
      If you don't want to have BootMii as IOS installed, you can
      uninstall it after e.g. installing The Homebrew Channel. When doing so, the
      HackMii Installer will automatically exit, because it can't (un)install
      anything anymore without it.

Yet, I remember when installing, the black screen showed message that "BootMii Can only be installed as an IOS". From that screen, I installed only the HBC, and made sure not to install BootMii, because I didn't need it (I'm using HBC only because of Wiimmfi).

Which one is true then - do I have BootMii installed or not?
      :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: My friend codes are: Brawl 0949-5404-5562 | Last Story (PAL) 3870 2211 5436| Mario Kart Wii 4471-1515-9200 | The Conduit 3570-8233-6342 | Water Warfare 3397-8082-8601. Message me if you add me
      Thanks for quick answer. Okay, no such button when I click home button on Wiimote when in HBC. So that means it is not installed.

It still puzzles me, this note from the Readme file. Perhaps this note is a leftover from some older HackMii installer version? Perhaps the current HackMii installer doesn't rely on BootMii anymore?

Otherwise I try to understand the processes behind the installation and different IOS-es, I read the UHG through and through, but I fail to understand many details because I use Google translator. I do read wiibrew wiki as well.
      :26px-WiiDrawing.svg: My friend codes are: Brawl 0949-5404-5562 | Last Story (PAL) 3870 2211 5436| Mario Kart Wii 4471-1515-9200 | The Conduit 3570-8233-6342 | Water Warfare 3397-8082-8601. Message me if you add me
      Bootmii is still able to install with HackMii-Installer.
      Yes, I understand. But in Readme file it says that the HackMii installer by itself "automatically installs BootMii as IOS upon startup". That sounds to me as if the HackMii installer wouldn't even work without the BootMii installed first.
      Yet, it seems that this is not the case, the installer only gives you an option to install BootMii as IOS. At least that's how it looks from my side of view. Is there any process inbetween which I am not aware of? Some kind of background installation of BootMii while the HackMii installer is running in real time?

I can also post here my "installer.log" txt file from my HBC installation so you can see what was happening during the process. Even though, I am not sure if it is safe for me to post this installation log data publicly. It contains some check up of installed IOS-es and examining of boot2 blocks etc.
      The Hackmii Installer only checks if Bootmii can be installed as Boot2 if this is not the case, then it says that Bootmii can only be installed as an IOS. Theres no automatic installation of BootMii as an IOS.The Hackmii Installer installs Bootmii only if you choose to do so.

The Information in the Letterbomb Readme is just an false information.

:peach:
      Mainbord: Asus X370-Pro Sockel AM4
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 4,2Ghz
      CPU Kühler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
      RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
      Grafikkarte: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX1070 AMP Extreme Edition!

:peach:
      Asus ROG Strix Hero II
      Core i7 8750H
      16GB DDR4 RAM
      512GB SSD
      Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

Switch:
      Nintendo Switch Neon Blau/Rot
      Firmware: 5.0.1

Wii U:
      Wii U Premium 32 GB
      Firmware: 5.5.2E
      Wii U: Haxchi
      vWii: HBC 1.1.2, d2x cIOS

Wii:
      Nintendo Wii Weiß (Release)
      Firmware: 4.3E, boot2v2
      cIOS: d2x cIOSv8, Hermes cIOS 5.1 MOD
      Bootmii: Bootmii@boot2
      Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 mit selbst erstellten Peach Theme
      Priiloader: Priiloader HDE

Gamecube:
      1x Lila, 1x Schwarz
      Breitband Adapter

N64:
      Rumble Pak

SNES:
      RGB Kabel Mod

SNES Mini:
      Hakchi2

GB, GBC:
      Original GB
      Original GBC

GBA:
      EZFlash IV

NDS, DSi:
      Supercard DSTWO

DSi XL:
      Firmware 1.4.2
      HiyaCFW

Haupt 3DS:
      New Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition
      Firmware: 11.8.0-41E mit 11.4.0 NATIVE_FIRM
      Exploit: boot9strap v1.3
      Homebrew Launcher Exploit: Homebrew Launcher Loader
      Flashkarte: Supercard DSTWO, Sky3DS+ (Wird selten benutzt)
      Custom Firmware: Luma3DS 9.1

JAP 3DS:
      New Nintendo 3DS LL Metallic Black
      Firmware: 11.7.0-40J
      Custom Firmware: Luma3DS 9.1
      Exploit: boot9strap 1.2

Peach 3DS:
      Nintendo 3DS Coral Pink Princess Peach Edition (Limited Edition)
      Firmware: 11.7.0-40E
      Exploit: boot9strap 1.2
      Besonderheiten: Limited Edition (1000 Stück Weltweit)

PS1:
      Modchip

Playstation 2:
      PS2 Slim
      Free McBoot

PlaystationTV:
      Firmware: 3.65
      Exploit: HenkakuEnso CFW, Whitelist Hack
      PSP Modus: Adrenaline CFW

Playstation 3
      PS3 Slim
      Firmware: 4.82
      Coustom Firmware: 4.82 Cobra Ferrox v1.01

250GB HDD
      UnleashX Dashboard

Phat 120 GB HDD
      LT+ 3.0 Laufwerksflash

I have one more question - about updating system when original game disc asks for it.

I read about numerous ways to bypass updating, but it includes further modding and installs. I plan not to mod anything else on my console. The only thing I have done so far is installed the HBC through the LetterBomb, from pleasehackmii site. Without BootMii. This was first time ever on the console, 3 weeks ago, otherwise it is a completely original bought console.

I do plan to buy "Zelda SS" soon, which I know will ask for a system update. What will happen if I update? Are any of my IOS-es modified? Is there any risk of any change or is the system update safe?
      You should really just install the Priiloader and block system updates. There is no reason not to install it as it gives you a lot of advantages and increased safety. The installation doesn't take long and Priiloader is one of the most important things to install - IMO more important than BootMii as IOS.

Otherwise, a disc update might destroy your softmod afaik. It depends on the update really.
      Was?Info
      ModellStandard (weiß, Release-Day)
      Zubehörinterne 500GB HDD, SDHC 32GB, LAN-Adapter, 128MB MemoryCard
      Wi-Fi SpieleWiimm's MKW Fun, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, ...

Was?Info
      ModellPremium (schwarz, Release-Day)
      Zubehör500GB 2,5" HDD (schwarz), SDHC 32GB
      Wi-Fi SpieleMario Kart 8, Nintendo Land, Sonic Racing (S&ASRT), ...

Was?Info
      Modell3DS XL (blau-schwarz)
      ZubehörSuperCard DSTwo, 4GB SDHC
      Wi-Fi SpieleMario Kart 7, ...

Was?Code / ID
      Wiimm's MKW-Fun0904-9558-6482
      Nintendo Network IDEnting
      Nintendo 3DS5455-9634-9827

Danke an feeder für meinen tollen Avatar!
      On the other side, if he has an old Firmeware, he needs to update some IOS! Further I don't know why you install the HBC and want to do anything else ?(
      My system at the time of installing HBC was and still is 4.3E. System itself is also freshly updated because like 2 weeks before I installed HBC, I bought Black Ops disc which also asked for system update, which I did.

Never modded anything else prior to that.
      Idk, I'm just very very very not comfortable with modding the console.
      I find different answers around discussions, some even said that the latest Letterbomb is imune to this system update, that nothing happens if you update the system when the game disc asks. That the worst case scenario is that it removes the HBC.

I'm still actually trying to figure out is the HBC installed as IOS, so the update would simply make it a stub, or is the HBC'c code installed somewhere else in the system code.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von pizdek ()

The homebrew channel is just a channel, like any other channel on the Wii.
      Was?Info
      ModellStandard (weiß, Release-Day)
      Zubehörinterne 500GB HDD, SDHC 32GB, LAN-Adapter, 128MB MemoryCard
      Wi-Fi SpieleWiimm's MKW Fun, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, ...

Was?Info
      ModellPremium (schwarz, Release-Day)
      Zubehör500GB 2,5" HDD (schwarz), SDHC 32GB
      Wi-Fi SpieleMario Kart 8, Nintendo Land, Sonic Racing (S&ASRT), ...

Was?Info
      Modell3DS XL (blau-schwarz)
      ZubehörSuperCard DSTwo, 4GB SDHC
      Wi-Fi SpieleMario Kart 7, ...

Was?Code / ID
      Wiimm's MKW-Fun0904-9558-6482
      Nintendo Network IDEnting
      Nintendo 3DS5455-9634-9827

Danke an feeder für meinen tollen Avatar!