WiiWare on Wiimmfi

NintendoFan schrieb:

@Wiimm More information about Military madness:

I can confirm that normal friend rooms work, and OPENHOST does not. It shows that the person is online, bu the game cannot join the other, for whatever reason. It does not give an error code. Ranked Battles give the infamous 98020, so change the description to "Rankings & Ranked battles do not work."

(For those that are wondering how I did it, I installed the wad on my Wii U... So it does work after all @Tock )

Also, please reenable Pokemon Dungeon for more tests. It may use GAMESTATS TCP, as that was upgraded not long ago.
      Done!

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      @Tock I dumped original(not patched) wad from my Wii. I made sure to use a wad manager that was more compatible in the Wii U's Wii Mode, though.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      @Wiimm My suspicions were wrong about Pokemon Dungeon. Please disable again.
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*

dribbleondo schrieb:

Tock schrieb:

World of Goo schrieb:

Massive Online Competition: Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox
      So it probably uses the Sake and/or the Gamestats server.
      Edit: added the UNO game definition. @Wiimm
      That may be the case. Still, it was worth a look.
      This is an old post, but if its GAMESTATS TCP, then it could work.
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      Honestly in the next patcher update lzx.exe should be built into the patcher so people don't have to go out of their way to download it on an entirely different site, and said download has a bunch of other decompressors that you don't need for WiiWare patching.

@Wiiprogger Please?
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      The patcher should work on any game that used Nintendo WFC.

And yes, you should end up with a WAD file. Basically, you need to: Decompress the WAD into it's .app files via Show Mii Wads, run the patcher on the 01.app, and pack the .app files back into a WAD.
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      Thank you. I didn't know how to turn Dr. Mario from my emunand back into a wad but luckily I still had the original wad on my computer. So I followed the steps in this thread to unpack, patch and repack the wad and then installed it into my emunand and all went well. Is there any way to have these instructions added to the Wiimmfi patcher section in the wiki to make it easier for someone to find in the future? Thanks.
      I'm considering building an autopatcher for it using some WAD extraction tools.

EDIT: I need to rebuild the patcher; currently it's working except for that stage.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Billy549 ()

Finished it - Working with a BAT file is fun until you realise half your commands are Cygwin..

Drag the WAD onto the patch.bat file, and watch the output (you're going to need to hit OK twice and accept a UAC aswell as hit a button in the program to continue). It'll save to "patched.wad", and this'll be installable on your Wii. This will not work for Mario Kart Channel - it needs to have it's file decompressed beforehand (and only the ranking board options work with Wiimmfi as launching the game will not autopatch it). I take no responsibility if your Wii blows up or it bricks; it shouldn't but I must cover my back. Oh, and if you're going to install on a vWii take precaution and run it through the vWii WAD converter that you can find online.

Credits:
      - Myself for making the script (this is practically meaningless :P)
      - Wiiprogger for the WiiWare patcher
      - The creators of ShowMiiWADs for Wii.CS Extraction tools; held under GNU GPL License v2.
      - CUE for lzx.exe

AutoWiiWarePatcher.zip

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

PokemonAcer schrieb:

I take no responsibility if your Wii blows up
      Why it should blow up? this cant happen through Software normally.

VERY LATE EDIT: This was a joke by the way (for the ones that dont get it)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Janni9009 () aus folgendem Grund: i noticed that i forgot an "important" line in this message

... :mario_facepalm:

"Blowing up" is just a figure of speech, in this context. He wasn't implying that the console was actually going to explode.
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*

Tock schrieb:

How to patch Onslaught (MadSecta) for Wiimmfi:

1) extract the .wad file from your Wii with something like Bluedump.
      2) unpack the .wad file with ShowMiiWads.
      3) Download the lzx.exe from this archieve.
      4) Put the lzx.exe, the 00000001.app and this program in the same directory and run the WiiWarePatcher.exe.
      5) Put the patched 00000001.app back into the unpacked wad folder.
      6) pack the .wad file with ShowMiiWads again.
      7) try to install it in your Dolphin system menu to check if your .wad file destroys the system menu.
      8) install the .wad file on your Wii.
      this is a little complicated

PokemonAcer schrieb:

Finished it - Working with a BAT file is fun until you realise half your commands are Cygwin..

Drag the WAD onto the patch.bat file, and watch the output (you're going to need to hit OK twice and accept a UAC aswell as hit a button in the program to continue). It'll save to "patched.wad", and this'll be installable on your Wii. This will not work for Mario Kart Channel - it needs to have it's file decompressed beforehand (and only the ranking board options work with Wiimmfi as launching the game will not autopatch it). I take no responsibility if your Wii blows up or it bricks; it shouldn't but I must cover my back. Oh, and if you're going to install on a vWii take precaution and run it through the vWii WAD converter that you can find online.

Credits:
      - The creators of ShowMiiWADs for Wii.CS Extraction tools; held under GNU GPL License v2.
      - CUE for lzx.exe

AutoWiiWarePatcher.zip
      "Can't read 00000001.app" Does that mean it needs an extracted WAD? and it can recreate the original wad
      just by reading 00000001.app? because that's what it implies.

SilverTheGamer schrieb:

Tock schrieb:

4) Put the lzx.exe, the 00000001.app and this program in the same directory and run the WiiWarePatcher.exe.
      7) try to install it in your Dolphin system menu to check if your .wad file destroys the system menu.
      this is a little complicated
      It's not, read it and take your ime

SilverTheGamer schrieb:

PokemonAcer schrieb:

Credits:
      - CUE for lzx.exe

AutoWiiWarePatcher.zip
      "Can't read 00000001.app" Does that mean it needs an extracted WAD? and it can recreate the original wad just by reading 00000001.app? because that's what it implies.
      Did you drag it onto the BAT.

Tock schrieb:

umm.......... i go to the post you linked, copypaste the link to the program, and doesn't work. can you link the compressor directly?