Error 238xx : Consoles are activated 7 days after registration (for MKWii profiles only)

So what? If people like to use Funky, then why shouldn't they be allowed to? If you don't like that, you'll have to play in friend rooms with other people who also hate Funky. We will definitely not ban players because they use a character you don't like ...

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

So what? If people like to use Funky, then why shouldn't they be allowed to? If you don't like that, you'll have to play in friend rooms with other people who also hate Funky. We will definitely not ban players because they use a character you don't like ...
      well i hardly have anyone to play with since i really dont play that much but i do like it when i dont see that thing in the lobby at all
      Leseratte and Wiimm have set this wall up for a reason: make cheaters have a harder time registering and playing unfairly.
      It seriously is not a pain to just register, wait 7 days and then play. This is literally a one-time method of verification and you won't be bothered by it after the period of time you need to wait.
      There are many, many people who will have to wait out this registration and yet you complain about this? Please.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

perrymkwii schrieb:

I just got my Wii.. I'm really happy that Wiimmfi is still well and everything. But 7 days? When I read this I wanted to scream.

I've never hacked on the Wiimmfi servers and never will; I have alot of respect for this team and making online possible. Could you not just instantly accept me into the servers and monitor me?
      Don't worry, when I first set up Wiimmfi, I thought the same, I ended up almost completing Mario Kart Wii and some other games by the time the period was over :P
      Preferred MK control method : :ccpro:
      Nintendo Consoles Owned: :Smiley_v2_Nintendo_DS_Lite: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Color: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Advance_SP: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_64: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_GameCube: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii:
      :luigi1: Nobody knows his true power.

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

perrymkwii schrieb:

as irrelevant to this topic as it is, you cant ban a character just because you dislike that character.

Back on topic, could we please lower the 7 day authorisation? Or could you tell me how to make it lower? - thanks.
      yes cause i dont want to wait 7 days for my dolphin emulator to be playable online can u guys make it 5 days cause 7 is way to long and its annoying
      I don't think they'll change it just because one person wants to play.
      Nintendo Consoles Owned: :Smiley_v2_Nintendo_DS_Lite: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Color: :Smiley_v3_Game_Boy_Advance_SP: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_64: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_GameCube: :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii:

perrymkwii schrieb:

Back on topic, could we please lower the 7 day authorisation? Or could you tell me how to make it lower? - thanks.
      The reason for the 7 day activation is to keep cheaters out. If you have a better idea, I'm sure the Wiimmfi staff would be glad to hear it. And the wait is only for MKW iirc, so you can play online for other games while you wait.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      Yeah a new idea would be interesting. I bet they would listen to you.

From the first post
      "A Dolphin player cheated and was banned. Then he creates a new generic NAND, logins in with a new console, creates a profile and cheats some minutes later again.

We could ban Dolphin users all together? I mean, they are not real Mario Kart Wii gamers ;) (you smell the irony?)
      Maybe they could block ip-address? Nah, if they can make a new generic NAND they probablly know how to change their ip-address.
      Maybe they could sniff out the cheaters MAC-address and block that?

Seeing as they are the reason 7 days validation is there in the first place. What do you think about that? No I didn't think so. No I don't think so either, but I on the other hand think that 7 days is ok if it keeps the cheaters away.
      [-> PRiMARY DRiVER <-]
      Wii - 3294 7813 6395 7291
      MKW - 1809 - 8882 - 0873
      ------------------------------------
      I hail from the land of the Vikings, that is Sweden :)

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

yea but the other online games have no one playing on them so its pointless to keep thoes servers online
      That's not true.

With that reasoning you may as well say MKW is pointless to play online because you can play online with MK7 and 8.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      To clarify with kryddan:

kryddan schrieb:

"A Dolphin player cheated and was banned. Then he creates a new generic NAND, logins in with a new console, creates a profile and cheats some minutes later again.

We could ban Dolphin users all together? I mean, they are not real Mario Kart Wii gamers ;) (you smell the irony?)
      Due to Dolphin players not having a unique identifier in their NAND Wiimm has the choice to either
      • Ban all non-unique dolphin players
      • Leave all non-unique dolphin players on Wiimmfi
      from this quote:

Wiimm schrieb:

The Dolphin dilemma
      Banning could be sooo easy: every player and his Wii console have a unique identifier. But there is Dolphin!

Many players use Dolphin without knowing what they are doing. Every player who uses Dolphin has the same identifier, so that's not unique as it should be. When banning one Dolphin cheater, we automatically ban all other Dolphin players aswell. So if I had to make a decision whether to allow cheaters on Wiimmfi or to ban all Dolphin users, I'd go for the second option.

Almost all Dolphin users have huge online delay. You don't see that while racing, but we can see that using mkw-ana. At the end of a race, the delay is often at up to 30 seconds! The player looks like he would be driving just normal, but at the end of a race every player sends his own race time to the others and that delay causes the results to be screwed up just like a timer hack would do. This way, the player ends up being in a better place than he actually raced. You could say that using Dolphin is like using an uninteded timer hack. And I personally consider delays of more than one second to be unfair.
      And so people will need to backup their original Wii's NAND and set Dolphin to use that NAND, before they can connect to Wiimmfi.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

yea but the other online games have no one playing on them so its pointless to keep thoes servers online
      And by that logic we should shutdown XBOX Live for some old games, and most servers for older games. You're wrong.
      The idea of Wiimmfi, as most see it, is to preserve Nintendo WiFi Connection. Sure, the original aim was only Mario Kart Wii, and it's completed that amazingly, so we might aswell begin to expand out of just MKW and to games that everyone could play. The more games, the more of a userbase we could achieve.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

PokemonAcer schrieb:

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

And by that logic we should shutdown XBOX Live for some old games, and most servers for older games. You're wrong.The idea of Wiimmfi, as most see it, is to preserve Nintendo WiFi Connection. Sure, the original aim was only Mario Kart Wii, and it's completed that amazingly, so we might aswell begin to expand out of just MKW and to games that everyone could play. The more games, the more of a userbase we could achieve.
      i understand that but i really want to play with other people like in pokemon battle revolution or something like that but theres never anyone online

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

PokemonAcer schrieb:

billyhatcher643 schrieb:

And by that logic we should shutdown XBOX Live for some old games, and most servers for older games. You're wrong.The idea of Wiimmfi, as most see it, is to preserve Nintendo WiFi Connection. Sure, the original aim was only Mario Kart Wii, and it's completed that amazingly, so we might aswell begin to expand out of just MKW and to games that everyone could play. The more games, the more of a userbase we could achieve.
      i understand that but i really want to play with other people like in pokemon battle revolution or something like that but theres never anyone online
      Ok, wait. Eventually someone will show up wanting to play. It happens in most games (besides MKW because everyone plays that)
      If there are no players in a particular game, go broadcast the message about Wiimmfi on message boards and forums. I started a groupMe chat as a way to connect with other Dr. Mario players (xClutz450x came up witht he idea). I also have a page here and a facebook page for Dr. Mario Wiimmfi. Don't expect players to just come to you. You have to make an effort to promote Wiimmfi and your game if you want to see more participation.

Wii-ness schrieb:

If there are no players in a particular game, go broadcast the message about Wiimmfi on message boards and forums. I started a groupMe chat as a way to connect with other Dr. Mario players (xClutz450x came up witht he idea). I also have a page here and a facebook page for Dr. Mario Wiimmfi. Don't expect players to just come to you. You have to make an effort to promote Wiimmfi and your game if you want to see more participation.
      I'm sure this suggestion would more likely be taken in account if you were not to give a demanding tone to everything as obviously it isn't the fault of the Wiimmfi-Team that the game is unpopulated. Either way, there aren't many people who look back on the use of older services on games as they may already have moved on to the next generation, or are too lazy to patch their system correctly for use.
      I would rather say that 'promoting' the use of Wiimmfi in general would work better as there aren't too many people around who, as said before, care as much for older games.

You need to wait more 57 hours, 2 days and 9 hours, to be able to connect in Mario Kart Wii. You can play other games while waiting though.

Check over here for future reference.
      wiimmfi.de/error
      My FCs (WIP)
      Club House Games: 0263-6992-3462 Marcs
      Animal Crossing Wii: 0392-5471-7343 Turnuret Marcs
      Mario Kart Wii: 1250-1172-1241 Starius
      Tetris Party Deluxe: 0263-6987-1120 Starius
      Bomberman Blast: 3828-5220-6667 Marty

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Marteicos ()