Error 238xx : Consoles are activated 7 days after registration (for MKWii profiles only)

XRik7X schrieb:

Hi, Im new to this site and wanted to ask if its possible actually to play MKW online using the Dolphin emulator? I have the 23885 error code.

Thanks in advance
      You need to use a real Wii NAND, as the generic Dolphin NAND is banned.

XRik7X schrieb:

^ ?

Im not asking about the code, Im asking if I can play online using Dolphin as I heard that it doesnt work.
      Umm....

>I heard it didn't work
      >Doesn't check the code

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

XRik7X schrieb:

PokeAcer schrieb:

You need to use a real Wii NAND, as the generic Dolphin NAND is banned.
      Thanks, this is the answer I wanted to know.
      Actually, it isn't. You needed to also look at the other code I linked, which is the one you gave the error code for

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      If you do not have a friend code yet, just try to connect to Wiimmfi once, you'll get an error code and the 7-day-wait begins.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

It's 4am now. from 20pm i was trying to get my wiimmfi patched game work, because I want to play the current MKWII competition in Maple Treeway. (I was the wr holder in 2010)
      5 hours to make the patch work, and when I finally did it... I find out that I have to wait 7 days :/
      7 days? is too long, the competition will end after 7 days.

Is there any way to make it activated in less than that??
      If the server staff makes an exception for you, then everyone else who didn't will complain. So probably not.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      I don't get what the problem is. Yes, you have to accept that, and then you'll connect to Wiimmfi (or receive the 7-day waiting error code).

read the first post of this thread.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      You waited about three years since the WiFi shutdown to set that up. That additional two weeks (one for getting an SD card and one for Wiimmfi) of waiting is not going to kill you.

We did not implement that to anger the users, we did that to prevent cheaters from using emulators and generating a new console a minute after they are banned to immediately continue cheating. This does immesely help the actual users of Wiimmfi (because there are way less cheaters than without that). If you know a better solution which stops cheaters, feel free to tell us. The current method (7-day waiting period) has worked great so far; and whoever waited three years without playing online can also wait another week.

Leseratte schrieb:

You waited about three years since the WiFi shutdown to set that up. That additional two weeks (one for getting an SD card and one for Wiimmfi) of waiting is not going to kill you.

We did not implement that to anger the users, we did that to prevent cheaters from using emulators and generating a new console a minute after they are banned to immediately continue cheating. This does immesely help the actual users of Wiimmfi (because there are way less cheaters than without that). If you know a better solution which stops cheaters, feel free to tell us. The current method (7-day waiting period) has worked great so far; and whoever waited three years without playing online can also wait another week.
      Incredibly ignorant response from you. Not everyone, including myself, has all the time in the world to play MKW again when they are finally able to. Don't you think there may have been a reason I, and others like me, haven't played for so long? It's because I have been busy. If someone wants to return and play immediately, they usually have to end up waiting far more than just 7 days. (Such as my case) This makes for 7 less days to play before one's break ends up being over on top of what they already waited for. You actually think I'm going to have an unlimited amount of time from this point forward to play? Get a grip with reality.

This is very stupid, if cheaters want to cheat... they will find a way to do so. Maybe get more moderators to ban cheaters? You are only punishing innocent players for this... If cheaters want to buy a new console just to go through all the processes of downloading hacks and continuing to play, then let them spend that kind of money... allow them to cheat in a handful of games and then ban their loser asses as soon as they are caught.

Either way, this policy was implemented in 2015... any cheater the past 2 years that really cares about cheating would have already purchased numerous consoles and are all set to go.

Ridiculous... reverse this decsion immediately, for the sake of similar players with limited breaks like me.

EDIT: Also, perhaps make a way to expedite the process if you are so hell bent on people cheating using emulators? Like, I should at least be able to record a video and submit it (Similar to conditionals in MKW leagues) showing my Wii U and the lack of bullshit on it) then have it approved in less than 7 days... more like 24-48 hrs...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Smoke96x ()

Leseratte schrieb:

If you know a better solution which stops cheaters, feel free to tell us. The current method (7-day waiting period) has worked great so far; and whoever waited three years without playing online can also wait another week.
      A own channel which is similar to the ctgp revolution but which also works with clean mario kart wii iso/wbfs files.

2012-2018 Horsti12, seit 2019 Larry98

eN-t schrieb:

Ganz ungeachtet dessen sollte das auch als Spaß zu verstehen sein - wenn man daran denkt, was manche Benutzer für Posts verfassen, wenn sie irgendwelche Probleme haben... "Hilfe, mein Wii-Controller ist kaputt und stinkt nach Feuer" - "was hast du denn gemacht?" - "die Batterien waren alle, da habe ich ein 230 Volt Kabel an die Kontakte gelötet und in die Steckdose gesteckt" :haha:

Sorry for Offtopic, back to topic 8-)

Tock schrieb:

Jemanden hier in unserem Dorf ist mal das Haus abgebrannt... Seit dem Tag schlafe ich nur noch unter der Brücke damit mir das nicht passiert!

Yoshi9288 schrieb:

Hmm, mein 3DS fällt immernoch vom Tisch und das troz der vielen Stabilitätsupdates. Also Nintendo, das kann es doch echt nicht sein, der 3DS müsste nun normalerweise Bombenfest auf dem Tisch kleben.

Smoke96x schrieb:

You actually think I'm going to have an unlimited amount of time from this point forward to play? Get a grip with reality.
      No, but not having an unlimited amount of time in the future doesn't make that one week wait more annoying.

Smoke96x schrieb:

Maybe get more moderators to ban cheaters?
      Oh yes, great idea. Lets just get 100 moderators who have nothing else to do than watch every race played on Wiimmfi to immediately ban cheaters ...
      We already have many moderators, but that does not mean we play 24/7 and can watch every race. When we encounter cheaters, we get rid of them, and when other people report cheaters we also do so, but that does not mean every cheater will be banned immediately.

Smoke96x schrieb:

You are only punishing innocent players for this...
      No, we are giving innocent, non-cheating players a way to play Mario Kart Wii online without having to worry about dozens of cheated bombs, blue shells, whatever thrown at them in every second race.

Smoke96x schrieb:

If cheaters want to buy a new console just to go through all the processes of downloading hacks and continuing to play, then let them spend that kind of money... allow them to cheat in a handful of games and then ban their loser asses as soon as they are caught.
      They don't need a new console. They use emulators and have a new "console" set up in 2 minutes, all it took - before the 7-day-ban - was simply running a script and restarting the game. They have a new console before we've even banned the old one.

Smoke96x schrieb:

Ridiculous... reverse this decsion immediately, for the sake of similar players with limited breaks like me.
      After you've been so rude? No.

Smoke96x schrieb:

EDIT: Also, perhaps make a way to expedite the process if you are so hell bent on people cheating using emulators? Like, I should at least be able to record a video and submit it (Similar to conditionals in MKW leagues) showing my Wii U and the lack of bullshit on it) then have it approved in less than 7 days... more like 24-48 hrs...

Had you asked friendly about the 7-day-ban and asked if there was a possibility to reduce that time, I might have written you a private message and activated your console early. I've done hat to multiple other players in the past who have nicely asked me.

But after you've acted like a complete idiot, marking our very effective anti-cheat system as "completely ridiculous" and claiming we're all incredibly ignorant and stupid, I'm certainly not going to do that.

Torran schrieb:

No Cuts! No Cheats! CTGP Revolution Only! Countdown Mode. (heidy)
      CTGP Revolution only would exclude people with broken disc drives and would disallow other people from creating custom distributions (thus forcing everyone to play CTGP). This is not what we want. We want everyone to be able to use Wiimmfi (unless they cheat and break the rules).
      Also, there are many people who have installed homebrew to get rid of the disc drive noise and swapping discs, and we are not going to make USB loading impossible.

Horsti12 schrieb:

A own channel which is similar to the ctgp revolution but which also works with clean mario kart wii iso/wbfs files.
      That would - theoretically - work.

However, developing such a channel takes a very long time which neither Wiimm nor me have. Take a look how long it took Chadderz and MrBean to make CTGP.

Also, that would either include forbidding custom track distributions and any modifications (by just allowing a perfectly clean ISO), which we do not want, or it would need a ridiculous amount of time at every game boot to actually verify every single file in the ISO to make sure no files that could be used to cheat were changed.

But even then, if someone was to hook into said channel using smth like a Gecko (the remakes are cheap..) and inject code in there then we're screwed. Also, someone could always RE the way it authenticates to Wiimmfi with said channel and then allows them in before 7 days (because let's both be real how are you going to tell Wiimmfi "this copy of MKW is OK see they're using the verified copy!"

You could use Bean's code for securing the channel but that still leaves the authentication to Wiimmfi, anyone who has free time could potentially sniff it and look at how it difers to regular MKW.

EDIT: Also, ngl, unless you're like going to prison or you have some sort of terminal disease, why do you need to worry about a 7-day wait? 7 days is a very short amount of time to what it could've been, and it works fine because most people then wont be bothered cheating.