(MKW) Wiimmfi Hacking Region (WhackR) can't be on regions 16384-65535 afaik

I heard from "http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Custom_Track_Regions". On the last region section it says "These 49152 regions (in hex from 0x4000 to 0xffff) are reserved by me (Wiimm) for special purposes at Wiimmfi. I have no concrete plans yet, but I think for example about regions where cheats are allowed. If I decide anything, then I will divide this part into classes and distribute them to others.From now on, the usage of these regions is forbidden at Wiimmfi!".

Attention to Wiimm. We WhackR players use codes and StaticR.rel patches to access region 191 for hacking on Wiimmfi. We can't (to my knowledge) use regions 16384-65535 because theres only 2 digits on the code to access other regions.

Regional Changer PAL
      04653644 38A000XX
      0465920C 38E000XX
      0465A034 388000XX

for example only has 2 digits.

Also, consider patching regional battle mode to become region 191 so anyone who wants to play WhackR can. This is significant because most if not all regions are for custom tracks, but a hacking region is on normal tracks.

I'm just posting this to let Wiimm know.
      I'd recommend a different region cheat code for you WHackR guys: First, with the one you've posted, you may still play in your own region under some circumstances. Second, this one works with 16 bit:

If you need to change the region in the future: Not only the last two digits are the region, but the last four. So you can then replace "00BF" with the new region.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Or in other words:

Quellcode

1. Regional Changer PAL [Leseratte]
      2. 04653644 38A0XXXX
      3. 0465920C 38E0XXXX
      4. 0465A034 388000XX # only last two digits of region
      5. 04659724 38E0XXXX

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      And even this cheat isn't complete.

If you want a full region patch cheat code which patches the region for both versus and battle, take this one ( @wiiuser140 do you need this in PAL? Or in another region?):

Quellcode

1. Full Region Patch (vs & bt) PAL [Leseratte]
      2. 04653644 38a0XXXX
      3. 046536b0 38c0XXXX
      4. 0465920c 38e0XXXX
      5. 04659260 38e0XXXX
      6. 04659724 38e0XXXX
      7. 04659778 38e0XXXX
      8. 0465a034 388000YY
      9. 0465a080 388000YY
      10. # XXXX = region (0000 to FFFF)
      11. # YY = last byte of region (right part of "XXXX")
      Alles anzeigen
      So if you are forced to use another region in the future (lets take "16500" as example), XXXX would be 4074 (16500 in hex) and YY would be 74 (right byte of XXXX).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

And here is a region free variant of that cheat (should work with all regions, please test):

Quellcode

1. Region Changer vs + bt all regions [Leseratte]
      2. F6000002 80648066
      3. 38A0FFFF 48000010
      4. 3C608038 80636000
      5. 14000010 38A0XXXX
      6. 1400007C 38C0XXXX
      7. 14005BD8 38E0XXXX
      8. 14005C2C 38E0XXXX
      9. 140060F0 38E0XXXX
      10. 14006144 38E0XXXX
      11. 14006A00 388000YY
      12. 14006A4C 388000YY
      13. E0000000 80008000
      Alles anzeigen

XXXX and YY are the same as in the previous code (XXXX = region, YY = last byte of region).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I found 2 players using region 13949
      my log says: The first profile logged out (10:28) before the second logged in (10:29).

About region 16384-65536 (the new thread title)
      I will allow the usage after request. And regions 20xxx are reserved for hackers (mkw-ana switch autoban off).

EDIT:
      We used often region 9000.. for tests it had never problems with it.

Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      Region 20000 is now available for hackers.
      Region 20001 too, but managed by @Starlight.

See wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Custom_Track_Regions#Special_Regions (bottom)

Wiimm schrieb:

I found 2 players using region 13949
      my log says: The first profile logged out (10:28) before the second logged in (10:29).

About region 16384-65536 (the new thread title)
      I will allow the usage after request. And regions 20xxx are reserved for hackers (mkw-ana switch autoban off).

EDIT:
      We used often region 9000.. for tests it had never problems with it.
      Alright :)! Thanks for testing it. I would test it but it took 2 people and no one was available. lol.

Wiimm schrieb:

Great! :) So how will you distribute it? Sounds like a great idea now even banned hackers can play in this mode !! I'll tell everyone on the whackr chat about this.

wiiuser140 schrieb:

Wiimm schrieb:

Great! :) So how will you distribute it? Sounds like a great idea now even banned hackers can play in this mode !! I'll tell everyone on the whackr chat about this.
      You can either use the advanced cheat code by @Leseratte or use wstrt and patch the region to the number.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      no. Cheats are only allowed in 191,20000 and 20001 (or, after request, 20XXX). You are not allowed to use other regions between 16384 and 65535.
      20001 was reserved by another user, so just use 191 or 20000.

PokemonAcer schrieb:

wiiuser140 schrieb:

Wiimm schrieb:

You can either use the advanced cheat code by @Leseratte or use wstrt and patch the region to the number.
      I know that part, but how are banned users going to be able to access wiimmfi when they use only those methods? Doesn't it have to be patched in the Wiimmfi patcher to do something like that?
      Banned people are banned - for all regions.

What Wiimm meant to say was "Cheating is now allowed in region 20000". Not "anyone who is banned will now be able to access region 20000 anyways".

Leseratte schrieb:

Banned people are banned - for all regions.

What Wiimm meant to say was "Cheating is now allowed in region 20000". Not "anyone who is banned will now be able to access region 20000 anyways".
      It would be nice a "special" ban system that ban players only for Mario Kart Wii in Worldwides and all regions except 200XX. If a banned player try to search a Worldwide or an other region, the player get kicked just like actually with VR/BR hacks. The ban duration should be long (4 weeks min., 3 month maximum). When the player get unbanned and restart cheating in Worldwides, give a permanent ban.

King Decimator schrieb:

If a player cheats in a region where cheating isn't allowed, I feel like they shouldn't have any server privileges whatsoever.

Using Wiimmfi is a privilege, not a right.
      The most part of the cheaters are kids, and others Wiimmfi Supported Games aren't really hack-able like Mario Kart Wii is. This kind of ban let them play without disturb others, don't forget that Mario Kart Wii is a family game, not competitive initially.

And question : Is the server able to redirect WW/Continental to that region (20000, default cheating region) automatically for a "special" banned player ?

Starlight schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

If a player cheats in a region where cheating isn't allowed, I feel like they shouldn't have any server privileges whatsoever.

The most part of the cheaters are kids, and others Wiimmfi Supported Games aren't really hack-able like Mario Kart Wii is. This ban let them play without disturb others.
      And question : Is the server able to redirect WW/Continental to that region automatically for a "special" banned player ?
      Whether they are kids or whether the games are hackable or not means nothing.

If the player doesn't know better they shouldn't be on the server to begin with.

If you were a dick to some guests while in line for a ride you would get thrown out of the theme park not kicked to another ride's line. Think of Wiimmfi as the theme park and another game or region as another ride's line.

King Decimator schrieb:

Starlight schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

The most part of the cheaters are kids, and others Wiimmfi Supported Games aren't really hack-able like Mario Kart Wii is. This ban let them play without disturb others.And question : Is the server able to redirect WW/Continental to that region automatically for a "special" banned player ?
      Whether they are kids or whether the games are hackable or not means nothing.
      If the player doesn't know better they shouldn't be on the server to begin with.

If you were a dick to some guests while in line for a ride you would get thrown out of the theme park not kicked to another ride's line. Think of Wiimmfi as the theme park and another game or region as another ride's line.
      I understand your point of view, but do these kind of ban can arrange players that are not banned, i speak about players who want to play against others hackers to hack with. Actually these hacking regions aren't used by a lot of people (even in wHackR, most of game are played 1v1). If these "special ban" are implemented by the development team, there will be (a lot of) more people playing in these regions, and not banned players will be able to hack and have fun with these banned players. Once again, these banned players disturb anyone and this kind of ban should be used only on first caught.

edit : it's only an idea what i said

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Starlight ()

King Decimator schrieb:

There aren't a lot of players because most people PREFER to play legit.

Ya'll should be happy you have regions for this stuff to begin with.
      Exactly. @Wiimm could have said 'No cheating in any region whatsoever!'
      But he was kind and decided people would have cheating regions

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Starlight schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

I understand your point of view, but do these kind of ban can arrange players that are not banned, i speak about players who want to play against others hackers to hack with. Actually these hacking regions aren't used by a lot of people (even in wHackR, most of game are played 1v1). If these "special ban" are implemented by the development team, there will be (a lot of) more people playing in these regions, and not banned players will be able to hack and have fun with these banned players. Once again, these banned players disturb anyone and this kind of ban should be used only on first caught.
      edit : it's only an idea what i said
      I agree

PokemonAcer schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

Exactly. @Wiimm could have said 'No cheating in any region whatsoever!'But he was kind and decided people would have cheating regions
      Nah it wasn't his idea, we would just use altwfc if he didn't and there is no reason to ban us when we are on another region.

wiiuser140 schrieb:

Starlight schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

I understand your point of view, but do these kind of ban can arrange players that are not banned, i speak about players who want to play against others hackers to hack with. Actually these hacking regions aren't used by a lot of people (even in wHackR, most of game are played 1v1). If these "special ban" are implemented by the development team, there will be (a lot of) more people playing in these regions, and not banned players will be able to hack and have fun with these banned players. Once again, these banned players disturb anyone and this kind of ban should be used only on first caught.edit : it's only an idea what i said
      I agree

PokemonAcer schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

Exactly. @Wiimm could have said 'No cheating in any region whatsoever!'But he was kind and decided people would have cheating regions
      Nah it wasn't his idea, we would just use altwfc if he didn't and there is no reason to ban us when we are on another region.
      Yes it was his idea, AltWFC < Wiimmfi and there would be if he didn't want other regions.

PokemonAcer schrieb:

wiiuser140 schrieb:

Starlight schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

I understand your point of view, but do these kind of ban can arrange players that are not banned, i speak about players who want to play against others hackers to hack with. Actually these hacking regions aren't used by a lot of people (even in wHackR, most of game are played 1v1). If these "special ban" are implemented by the development team, there will be (a lot of) more people playing in these regions, and not banned players will be able to hack and have fun with these banned players. Once again, these banned players disturb anyone and this kind of ban should be used only on first caught.edit : it's only an idea what i said
      I agree

PokemonAcer schrieb:

King Decimator schrieb:

Yes it was his idea, AltWFC < Wiimmfi and there would be if he didn't want other regions.

It was atlas's idea to have a hacking region.

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

Check the date. All Wiimm did was allow it and then he created another region which I thought banned people can play on but apparently they can't so his new region added nothing.