RiiConnect24

@Coolnez Maybe sometime in the future, but I think just making things working should be a higher priority.

Speaking of "making things working," we're getting closer to custom news, larsenv managed to edit an already exiting news article that was on the news channel.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*
      Custom IOS - IOS31

Larsenv has been slaving away the past few days, and has successfully made news channel files that we've tested and that work! I've personally made a sort-of legal IOS31 patcher that downloads IOS31 from NUS (legal) and then 000006.app from us (not really legal) which contains the new RSA key, and makes a new WAD. I will not directly link the app file, the patcher, or the WAD, but you can get them at riiconnect24.net - DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON THE WII U'S vWII. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR vWII.
      The Custom news is very near completion, and will read from multiple news sources for real news (a 'custom-news' section may be implemented later) and the latest news channel WAD, along with how to patch an existing one, will be released on Dec 24, and at 1AM German time (midnight in UK), the news files will propogate into the server, so you'll have a christmas present from RiiConnect24 :D
      :cheerleader3:

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

PokemonAcer schrieb:

Custom IOS - IOS31

Larsenv has been slaving away the past few days, and has successfully made news channel files that we've tested and that work! I've personally made a sort-of legal IOS31 patcher that downloads IOS31 from NUS (legal) and then 000006.app from us (not really legal) which contains the new RSA key, and makes a new WAD. I will not directly link the app file, the patcher, or the WAD, but you can get them at riiconnect24.net - DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON THE WII U'S vWII. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR vWII.
      The Custom news is very near completion, and will read from multiple news sources for real news (a 'custom-news' section may be implemented later) and the latest news channel WAD, along with how to patch an existing one, will be released on Dec 24, and at 1AM German time (midnight in UK), the news files will propogate into the server, so you'll have a christmas present from RiiConnect24 :D
      :cheerleader3:
      Awesome! I can't wait for this to be going public! :D
      Also just wondering, when the custom news service is up, will it display on the wii menu? (Y'know, the 3 Yellow Dots that tell the current downloaded news)
      Here's some of my Friend Codes! Tell me if you added me on my wall
      Wii U NNID: Coolnez
      3DS: 2449-5880-8626
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: Wii Games:
      :Smilie_v2_Mario: Mario Kart Wii: 3871-4720-7878 (Openhost: ON)
      :Smilie_v2_Luigi: CTGP Revaluation: 0864-9950-7470 (Openhost: ON)
      :smilie_diddy: Mario Strikers Charged: 2711-8308-9743 (Openhost OFF)
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)
      Main: :smilie_marth:
      :Smilie_v2_Tom_Nook: Animal Crossing City Folk: 1165-6432-3151
      Town: Subspace

Name: Coolnez
      :smilie_exclaim: Fortune Street: 2454-1330-4787 (Openhost: OFF)
      :Smilie_v2_Pokeball: Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5374-7108-0135(Openhost: OFF)

:Smiley_Wii_Classic_Controller: Wiiware Games:

:smilie_drmario: Dr.Mario Online RX: 7439-2636-4202 (Openhost: OFF)
      :smilie_bob-omb: Bomberman Blast: 4472-7676-5233 (Openhost: OFF)
      :33px-WiiWiFi.svg: Wii Message Board Code : 7530-4538-1888-8175

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Coolnez ()

@PokemonAcer Just wondering, are you going to make a tutorial on how to install the ISO With the patcher?
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Coolnez () aus folgendem Grund: Nvrmind, I Read it again and saw you will be doing a tutorial, oops!

Sepalani schrieb:

@student
      As far as I remember, setting the DNS servers on the Wii Settings in Dolphin doesn't work. However you can edit your hosts file and it will does the same, but for your entire PC, Dolphin included.
      I set the DNS in my network configuration but it doens't work... maybe because I have a router... (error 00000005).
      Thank you anyway for your help.
      But is the news channel already working ? I know the service is ok reading the new EULA ?
      @student
      It doesn't have anything to do with your network configuration. Your hosts file will overwrite your DNS settings whatever the network you're using and the properties of services you're having such as DHCP, DNS, and so on. You just have to set the proper domain to point to the correct IP address and that's it. If you want to use DNS server @PokemonAcer suggested, instead of writing rules in your hosts file, you have to ensure you have put it in primary DNS and not second.
      Or, as I said, use a REAL Wii, as most of RiiConnect24's features do not work on Dolphin.

BTW, if anyone here can code in C and know specifically how to code a Wii Homebrew app that can copy and delete from the NAND, please PM me - I need to make some sort of automatic mailbox deleter for Wii.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Unfortunately I do not have my Wii anymore (gift to a friend's child); I tested with primary DNS but it doesn't work; can you tell me exactly what to write in the hosts file ? Maybe I am using a wrong syntax...

If you want to read/write to nand here there are sources of Wii apps able to do that:
      code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/
      github.com/dacotaco/priiloader
      and probably this one: sourceforge.net/projects/wiixplorer/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von student ()

@PokemonAcer
      You can learn some basics on wiibrew and here. Knowing the C and/or C++ languages is almost mandatory. Then, it's all about reading tutorials, documentations, manuals and to know what are the console specifications. Concerning the NAND, I would probably have looked into some others open source projects source code if I were you. Last thing that can be useful is to be autonomous, sometimes the answer isn't written anywhere and you'll have to find it all by yourself.
      I know I'm typing off topic from this "conversation" you guys are having, but, where do you find the voting.bin file anyway? Is it a Save data file or a server file?

If its a Save Data file, then I MIGHT ask some friends if they have the everybody votes channel save before the shutdown in 2013 so they can send it to me and then I can send it to you guys. (via e-mail, of course :P )
      Spoiler anzeigen