[BETA TEST] Ghosts and rankings

With regards to hacked times, going forward, we could use a heavily modified Dolphin to run MKW and verify ghosts for us automatically to see if they get the time they claim to get. If you stopped the graphical output of Dolphin, for instance, and removed a ton of other things that would introduce unnecessary processing time, you can run the ghosts without any frame limits and just observe the RAM to determine what time the ghost got, or if it even finished at all. Using that info, you can delete/permit ghosts. That would sort out most of the obviously hacked ghosts, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the fastest procedure in the world. Then you just require a bit of moderation for tool-assisted runs, and copied ghosts (just store a SHA1 hash or similar and delete any new ghost with the same hash, not including details like Mii name, etc, just the input data) and you're pretty much set.
      Wow, The Amount Of Development that are put in to These Two Feature Of Mario Kart Wii Is Really, REALLY, Amazing!
      Hopefully Sometime in the future you guys can find out a way to get Tournaments Working!
      But Amazing Job on What You Have Currently! :D
      -Coolnez
      Here's some of my Friend Codes! Tell me if you added me on my wall
      Wii U NNID: Coolnez
      3DS: 2449-5880-8626
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: Wii Games:
      :Smilie_v2_Mario: Mario Kart Wii: 3871-4720-7878 (Openhost: ON)
      :Smilie_v2_Luigi: CTGP Revaluation: 0864-9950-7470 (Openhost: ON)
      :smilie_diddy: Mario Strikers Charged: 2711-8308-9743 (Openhost OFF)
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)
      Main: :smilie_marth:
      :Smilie_v2_Tom_Nook: Animal Crossing City Folk: 1165-6432-3151
      Town: Subspace

Name: Coolnez
      :smilie_exclaim: Fortune Street: 2454-1330-4787 (Openhost: OFF)
      :Smilie_v2_Pokeball: Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5374-7108-0135(Openhost: OFF)

:Smiley_Wii_Classic_Controller: Wiiware Games:

:smilie_drmario: Dr.Mario Online RX: 7439-2636-4202 (Openhost: OFF)
      :smilie_bob-omb: Bomberman Blast: 4472-7676-5233 (Openhost: OFF)
      :33px-WiiWiFi.svg: Wii Message Board Code : 7530-4538-1888-8175
      Try now - silly me added a copyright symbol and Python lost it's shit.

EDIT: I just tested and it works fine. Top10 showing, Ghost Race working.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Billy549 ()

@PokemonAcer
      You can add/read/write a copyright symbol with python, but it's highly recommended to specify the file and string encoding, otherwise some python versions (usually Python 3x and above) won't let you do so. In most programming languages we avoid such special (non-ASCII) characters, typically we'll just write "(c)" as "©" copyright symbol to avoid problems.
      This is still working? I came from your post in 2018 about the currently status of rival and champion ghosts in Wiimmfi (Thank you so much, I searched in every other possible place and couldn't find any information of that). So I was wondering if this database is still up to this date, since you didn't posted anything about closing it as for 2016,but since 16 years has passed since then, I don't really know, also to see if this can work together with normal Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24 (to send/receive and see ghost and records of friends) system without problems.
      The ghosts / rankings / competitions stuff is still running on Wiimmfi, but it looks like the ghost stuff is a bit buggy so I'm not 100% sure which parts are currently working and which aren't. Wiimm wanted to take a look at that at some point.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

For me and my friend, every single function works fine, leaderbords, friend records, sending and receiving ghosts with RC24 (But it appears that sending ghosts after a race is a bit buggy and requires to delete your friend's ghost in that track for some reason, but that only happened to my friend, I was able to send ghosts after a race normally), Ghost Races work, competition friend records SOMETIMES works for me, although the last time a friend of mine competed in a competition was 2 years ago so I don't know its current state. Competitions work (although I haven't received a letter since 2018 and my friend never received one), Wii FC invite letters works. The only thing that doesn't work in both of us is attempting to find a rival ghost or the world champion's ghosts (some champion and competition records are weird though, some have 00:00:001 of time or impossible times overall, they're not in sync with the leaderbords, but I suppose that is normal). Other thing that I never receive the warning that I received a ghost or an FC invitation while I'm in game (that should be possible afaik), or at least the pop-up one because I can see it in the Mario Kart Channel though. So the game is working in 93% of all his capacity, as far as my friend and I tested and some posts and other people I met. It would be different in another Wii though.