Angepinnt MKWii - Competitions!

As far as this competition goes, I don't care too much if glitch times are allowed or not. I can understand not allowing them seeing as it's a difficult trick to do, but it doesn't save a bunch of time (that's up for debate I guess).

If this one isn't allowed, it won't affect too many people. If the Block Plaza shortcut were not allowed, many people would be turned away from that competition.
      Well, I'm indifferent if the glitch is allowed or not. But considering people playing on CTGP-R wants to try a glitch run, they actually can't. Whereas a persone who wants to give a try at glitch run on Wiimmfi patcher or an ISO, he'll be able to do. So, people don't start from the same level of equality, because a few people can do it, and others ones can't.
      Someone who hits 1:51.0 with glitch will beat a lot of people who will have 1:51.2 or something like that w/o the glitch. And this is not deserved.

The ball is on Leseratte's court now.
      Hm.

I have now added a list of glitches in competitions to the competition page in the wiki wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/Wiimmfi…_glitches_in_competitions (until now, only the Mushroom gorge backwards, the Delfino Pier, and the small one on Block Plaza).

I won't edit the current competition (takes too long to edit and test it before activating it again) and I don't like to spend hours reviewing every single ghost to see if they glitched, so I'd say the gap jump is alowed this time, and I'll try to patch it for the next time this competition will be available, even though this is unfair to the CTGP users who can't do that glitch.

I plan to patch the Mushroom Gorge and Delfino Pier ultra glitches, but will probably not patch the Block plaza one.
      If there are any other glitches in competitions please tell me or add them to the list in the wiki so I can try to patch them.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Thats what i'll try to do on the weekend, to find out what caused the crash to repair the file and potentially make my RKC editor detect that bug for future custom competitions.
      For the competition from February 20th, the freeze bug is now fixed. The competition file itself was fine, the file just had incorrect permissions on the server, so my scripts couldn't read it, and so the server delivered a competition archive with a competition enabled, but without an actual RKC in there (since it couldn't read that), which made the game freeze.

I plan to add error handling for cases like this, but I have many other things to do at the moment.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Neu

Well, I tried that.

Created a ~22 MB VFF file, both my competition tool (WiiU) and the Wii WC24 engine (well, only after a few changes) were able to write a ~5 MB competition to the VFF file, however, at game boot, the game allocates exactly 20,480 bytes in RAM for the competition and doesn't release it until you exit the game.

I have found the part of the game code where it does this, but you can't just change these 20 kB to a few megabytes - as I said, that space is always in use and that would make the game run out of memory.

So, this is not going to work, unless someone (not me) writes a game patch to make the game not load the whole file at once, but load it in parts at competition start, just like it does with a regular track.

My Twitch

Neu

20,480 byte RKC files should work without any modifications.

Yes, I plan to distribute custom competitions in the future, too.

My Twitch

Neu

Hm, I see. I'll see if I'll have time this weekend to make you a "full" VFF file.

A way to easily test custom competitions is definitely planned, probably an interface on the Wiimmfi competition page where you can upload an RKC to the competition system and make it deliver that RKC to a console linked to your account. That way the server knows who currently has a "fake" competition and knows which ranking entrys to ignore / invalidate.

However, I currently have nearly no time for such things because of work and studying.

My Twitch