Angepinnt MKWii - Competitions!

@Leseratte.

When forcing the download of a competition in the competition patcher (by pressing 1), what does exactly "break" the patcher? Is it software or hardware related? If it's software related, could a NAND backup restore make the Wii back to normal?

No matter how long I wait, I cannot receive the competition. So as of today I ran the patcher many times, but everytime I do, (and then wait), it still doesn't recieve the competition. Is there anything I can do to check if the patcher patched the files correctly (aside of looking on the competition website)?
      It is definitely software-related, something with the WC24 config. Restoring a NAND backup definitely fixes that config again, re-starting an unpatched game and re-patching might as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Does the Wiimmfi competition page show your console requested the competition?

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

It is definitely software-related, something with the WC24 config. Restoring a NAND backup definitely fixes that config again, re-starting an unpatched game and re-patching might as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Does the Wiimmfi competition page show your console requested the competition?
      Nope, the page shows the last time my Wii downloaded a competition (months ago).

Which file(s) get modified by the patcher exactly? I might make a backup of all of them before attempting to force the download of a competition. Then I would restore them in case I wanna have automatic downloads again.

Also, if the automatic downloads get broken by this, would it affect RiiConnect24 services or only the competitions?
      If Automatic Downloads break, EVC, News, and Forecast channel would stop working.
      @Leseratte have you tried diff'ing a pre- and post-force config?

Also, RiiConnect24 proxies competition downloads (to make mail actualy work since we replace @wii.com with @rc24.xyz multiple times), so this may be for something for @larsenv to look at with the DNS - @SuperNigaWii depending on if the Wii FC is properly sent it might not say you've downloaded it since as a result of our proxy.

Try backing up the whole /shared2/wc24 folder on NAND.
      Please do not PM me. If you PM me without valid reason, I will block you from doing so. Thank you.

PokeAcer schrieb:

If Automatic Downloads break, EVC, News, and Forecast channel would stop working.
      @Leseratte have you tried diff'ing a pre- and post-force config?

Also, RiiConnect24 proxies competition downloads (to make mail actualy work since we replace @wii.com with @rc24.xyz multiple times), so this may be for something for @larsenv to look at with the DNS - @SuperNigaWii depending on if the Wii FC is properly sent it might not say you've downloaded it since as a result of our proxy.

Try backing up the whole /shared2/wc24 folder on NAND.
      OK, backed up the WC24 folder. Should I try forcing download a competition? The Wii FC is properly sent, since it worked a couple months ago. Does it work only if I have activated RC24 or that's optional (for like receiving letters and stuff)?
      I have not really tested this problem that much. I have only noticed that downloads stopped working after forcing a download, but because I originally only added that function for a quick test and only published that for one person who was unable to receive competitions at all, so breaking automatic downloads didn't matter.

Seit Mai 2016 finden auf Wiimmfi regelmäßig Mario-Kart-Wii-Wettbewerbe statt! Klick hier für weitere Informationen.
      Since May 2016, there are Mario Kart competitions / tournaments on Wiimmfi! Click here for more information.

My Twitch

Reminder for competition developers

In 2017 we created an interface for competition developers. It allows upload and testing competitions at Wii/WiiU without personnel support of Leseratte or me. Therefor I implemented a new downloader (server side) and Leseratte a new patcher for developers.

Developers can ask us for the activation of the interface.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.

Missing Competitions

@Leseratte

Hallo, schön dich kennen zu lernen. I have in the last couple of weeks discovered the awesome Mario Kart Online Server and wish to help. I buy, softmod then sell wii's and have had many come through my hands but have only just discovered the custom servers. I now have begun selling consoles patched to work with Mario, including competitions. Seeing that you have missing competition files and due to the fact that I have many consoles coming into my possession, I really hope I will be able to find the last missing pieces for everybody. I am now extracting the file contained in the nand and also copying the savegame file from the console, I have just done this for one console moments ago and will upload after I finish this post. I only have one console available for softmodding which I have just collected the files from but will have several more arriving within the next 7 days. I have 6 consoles just laying there which have faulty dvd drives, so are as yet untouched and I will be able to see if they have any mario kart content on them and I will get those files over to you also. I have only just registered on this forum to contact you and tell you how I want to help because I was directed to this thread to upload the data. Might it be possible for me to send these files in bulk to an email address you can receive them in? Also, how do you know from whom the uploaded files come from when using the upload option on this thread. I hope to help. Thank you for your time. Glad to be here and meet you all.

Billy(High5core)
      1938-7390-1277
      Hello Billy,

thanks for your help. You can send the files in bulk to wiimmfi@leseratte10.de. I also hope we'll be able to find all missing competitions sometime, but for the very old competitions, chances are not that high.

When using the upload function here, I don't know where the files are from. I only know that when I receive competitions by the competition patcher which automatically sends the old competition to me.

When you are modding the consoles for Wiimmfi and competitions anyways, you could just run the competition patcher, that uploads the competition automatically. Then there is no need for you to manually extract and send the savegame.

My Twitch

Hey Leseratte,

Ok that's great, thanks for the info. I will send the 2 files I have at the moment to you now. I only went to the trouble of extracting the file from the nand because on the wiimmfi page it states that if extracting the file from nand it has a better chance of maybe finding the old competitions vs extracting the file from the savegame, which is why I have two files for you, maybe I am just wasting more time than is required by doing this? For the spares consoles I have, if I find data(I am sure I will), I will extract it in the way I just have but for future modded consoles, I may just run the competition patcher so the data is automatically sent to you. Just to verify, now when I mod my consoles, I setup a guest mario kart licence, do what is needed to register the console, then I setup competitions but the console still must wait for seven days, then I sell it, will the competition data be sent at the exact moment I setup competitions or only once the console is allowed to access the server after 7 days?

I just want to make sure but to be honest, I am quite happy just to send the files to you directly since you have provided an email.
      Danke to you and the team for providing a method for people to still enjoy Mario Kart, it is my friends birthday in 3 days, we all used to play mario kart on her wii with random humans from all over the world and when I told her I have mario kart online functionality and that we will be able to play it at her birthday party, she was over the moon.

Many Thanks.
      From an optimistic Billy :)
      What I meant with "sending from NAND has a higher chance of success" was about old NAND backups. If you happen to have old NAND backups of a Wii on its SD card, the probability of that Backup having one of the old missing competitions is higher because most of the missing competitions are pretty old and some weren't repeated at all. If you'd just make a new NAND backup and use that, there is no difference between dumping from NAND or dumping from a savegame or using the patcher.

As long as you follow the instructions for the patcher (go to the Mario Kart Wii settings in a plain, non-Wiimmfi Mario Kart Wii game, activate the "message service", then start the patcher), the files will be uploaded while the patcher is running. The competition online system doesn't depend on the main Wiimmfi service with its 7-day-ban.

My Twitch

Neu

In theory, that would be possible. We already did that with two user-created competitions in the past ("Goombas on the Loose" by Sucht93a and Maple Treeway backwards by Sniki). We will look at your competition in the near future (Competition #20124 is probably the right version as it is your most recent one?) and decide.

My Twitch

Neu

Not at the moment as I don't have a capture card. I could perhaps send the rkc file instead? Not sure of the procedure for new custom competitions. :/

Leseratte schrieb:

In theory, that would be possible. We already did that with two user-created competitions in the past ("Goombas on the Loose" by Sucht93a and Maple Treeway backwards by Sniki). We will look at your competition in the near future (Competition #20124 is probably the right version as it is your most recent one?) and decide.
      it is Competition #20123 and yes atm that is the most recent version of my competiton.

Neu

Wiimm and me have access to all uploaded competitions. I can create a video of your competition this weekend if you'd like.

My Twitch