Angepinnt MKWii - Competitions!

MKWii - Competitions!

Who recognizes this letter?:

Thats right, it's a competition announcement letter (with the Wiimmfi icon added) - I've got competitions to work

Credits to:
      • PokemonAcer for helping with the download PoC
      • Xidus for the first test patcher
      • amibu for parts of the actual patcher

• Mario Kart Wii competitions!

After a long time without competitions, there is now a beta patcher which will first upload your current competition to the Wiimmfi server (so run it on as many Wiis as possible, because we still haven't got all competitions) and will then patch the WC24 config file on your Wii to download the competitions from Wiimmfi instead of the long gone official servers. (The tool creates a backup of that config file on your SD card just in case).

Here is the download link: Download
        (Please do not mirror this patcher, instead, link to the competition page. I might need to edit it a few times. If the patcher gives you error code E001, check for a newer version)

Instructions on how to use this:

Step 1: Make sure WiiConnect24 is enabled in the Wii settings
        Step 2: Start an unpatched Mario Kart (either original disc or with an USB Loader). It is important that you use the unmodified game and not a Wiimmfi version because the Wii system checks whether the URL is a valid Nintendo URL.
        Step 3: Go to Settings -> Nintendo WFC -> Message service and enable the message service for Mario Kart Wii (if it is already enabled, disable it and enable it again)
        Step 4: Run the patcher.

On a WiiU, you do not need a patcher, but you have to run a special homebrew app every time you'd like to re-download the competition / check for new competitions because the WiiU is unable of doing that in standby. You can find the download link on the Wiimmfi competition page, too.

(Please just run the patcher once, if you run it again it'll destroy the patch and you need to start the unmodified game again and re-patch)

If you encounter any problems, please report them here!

Currently, there is no competition active on Wiimmfi (but the patched Wiis will periodically communicate with Wiimmfi to check for competitions). The first competition will start on May 10th

Collecting competition data

The patcher described above does upload your current competition to Wiimmfi, but that is probably not going to help with collecting the very old competitions; so we need your help

- If you have an old NAND backup of your Wii somewhere on your SD card or computer, you can extract it with this tool: Download
        Then you can open the path /title/00010004/524d43XX/data/ (XX is your region) and extract the file "wc24dl.vff".
        - If you have old backups of your savegame (either extracted [wc24dl.vff] or compressed [data.bin]) you can send them to me, too.
        - If you are unable to extract your NAND backup for some reason, you can also upload the whole NAND somewhere and send me a link to wiimmfi [at] leseratte10.de

The upload form is currently broken, you can send me competition files by mail, or just write me a PM here or on Discord.

The more competition VFF files from different competitions and languages we can get, the more different competitions and languages for competitions can Wiimmfi support in the future.

(This post in German: click)

Leseratte

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

If your Wii still says 'A competition is in progress', because some still do, we'll be able to use the files, but if it doesn't and you've played before, we should still be able to get the RKC.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      That link doesn't seem to work, it just redirects me to my own MEGA account and gives me no way to download the file. Maybe try another hoster or send me that file with a mail:
      wiimmfi [at] leseratte10 [dot] de.

Have you already send the mail? I haven't got anything yet.

(If you put that into a ZIP file you should be able to attach it here, too).

I'd Like To Test This, But im not Sure if my 2GB Can hold BootMii @ Boot 2 and a NAND Backup.

Also, My Disc Drive is a working one.
      Here's some of my Friend Codes! Tell me if you added me on my wall
      Wii U NNID: Coolnez
      3DS: 2449-5880-8626
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: Wii Games:
      :Smilie_v2_Mario: Mario Kart Wii: 3871-4720-7878 (Openhost: ON)
      :Smilie_v2_Luigi: CTGP Revaluation: 0864-9950-7470 (Openhost: ON)
      :smilie_diddy: Mario Strikers Charged: 2711-8308-9743 (Openhost OFF)
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)
      Main: :smilie_marth:
      :Smilie_v2_Tom_Nook: Animal Crossing City Folk: 1165-6432-3151
      Town: Subspace

Name: Coolnez
      :smilie_exclaim: Fortune Street: 2454-1330-4787 (Openhost: OFF)
      :Smilie_v2_Pokeball: Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5374-7108-0135(Openhost: OFF)

:Smiley_Wii_Classic_Controller: Wiiware Games:

:smilie_drmario: Dr.Mario Online RX: 7439-2636-4202 (Openhost: OFF)
      :smilie_bob-omb: Bomberman Blast: 4472-7676-5233 (Openhost: OFF)
      :33px-WiiWiFi.svg: Wii Message Board Code : 7530-4538-1888-8175
      2GB is enough for Bootmii + a backup. The wii NAND only has 512 MB.

A list of things you must have when you'd really like to test (i forgot to mention that in the first post):

- Remember this is alpha and still in development. Downloading competitions works (unless I'm currently messing with the competition file), up-/downloading rankings does not.
      - You need Bootmii@boot2 and a backup in case something goes wrong
      - You must have a working disc drive and the original MKWii disc, because the initial registration can only be done when the game is booted through the system menu
      - You also need to have a Wiimmfi-Patched ISO / image (with the MKWii-specific patcher). Other patching methods like Beans autopatcher are completely untested and might not work properly.
      - Time to set this up.

If you have all this, send me a PM.

Leseratte schrieb:

2GB is enough for Bootmii + a backup. The wii NAND only has 512 MB.
      Okay! Guess all start Backing up My Wii!
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)

Okay, My Wii's Backed Up! If There's Any Test's needed to be done, I'm Willing to help!
      Spoiler anzeigen

I can explain to you how to set this up, but this is probably easier in a chat than in a forum. Can you join #wiimmfi on euirc? If you don't have an IRC client, go to webchat.euirc.net/ and enter a nickname and "#wiimmfi" as channel.

Leseratte schrieb:

I can explain to you how to set this up, but this is probably easier in a chat than in a forum. Can you join #wiimmfi on euirc? If you don't have an IRC client, go to webchat.euirc.net/ and enter a nickname and "#wiimmfi" as channel.
      Awesome! Thanks
      Loool I suck at MKWII, but who cares, at least it's fun :mario1: Clan=RK
      :Smilie_v2_Mario: MKWII FC=
      1. 1380-3912-3611
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: SSBB FC: 1079-7432-4487What are you doing right now? A: Playing SSBB with zhao
      hm, weird. just give me that file and I'll check if this is the right one.

@Coolnez: Hmm, i still don't have a logfile entry from your Wii...
      Do you have some special DNS server configured on the WIi, like the RACE server from PokeAcer? If yes, you need to disable that and use a "normal" DNS.

EDIT: PokeAcer has fixed his DNS, competition downloading should now also work if you have this DNS server.

ok, i´ll send you one from sept 2013 and some other from 2014. I played competitions, but my channel mkw always say..."you can participate in ww mkwii competitions
      connect and activ wiiconwnnect 24" or something like that.

But first i need extract the files

LOL, in the back up the file is in tha carpet 10004 ?(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von lilaa ()

PokemonAcer schrieb:

but if it doesn't and you've played before, we should still be able to get the RKC.
      won't it be replaced by the empty dist map in that case?

Question, Can I Check If I Got The Competition Via Mario Kart Channel From The Wii Menu?
      Spoiler anzeigen