Introduction and question about playing in "teams"

Introduction and question about playing in "teams"

Hello everyone.

I just recently started looking into Wiimmfi and became very impressed with what Wiimm has done here. I have a Wii from early 2007 and was active in the old Wii homebrew forums, as well as in the Mario Kart Wii forums where custom tracks used to be discussed (maybe they still are). My favorite track compilation was Mario Kart Retro, as I was only interested in adding old tracks to MKW. For an old guy like me, all that feels like yesterday but it's certainly been quite a few years.

It's amazing to see now how Wiimmfi allows the Wii online experience to continue and all his management efforts. I stopped playing Wii years ago but recently have started playing a few games I never got to start, except this time, through the Dolphin emulator, which is another incredible experience. With Wiimmfi in the mix, I was been drawn to playing MKW again for a few races online. After a five day wait time to activate my profile, I was able to play and found that I'm a bit rusty skills-wise, but the online experience itself with Wiimmfi is fantastic. Kudos to Wiimm!

I was wondering if there is any kind of group coordination in the forums or elsewhere, to get together with members of this community and play at certain times, preferably in teams, challenging each other and keeping track of team standings and such.

At any rate, I'm happy to be here and a big "thank you" to Wiimm and everyone else that has helped build this community.
      Hey dude,

Welcome to the forums. I find it delighting to have such an old member of interest in custom MKW come (back) onto the WHB forums.
      It's outstanding people take their time to revive a dead service on older video games: this is something hardly ever done. People really pour their heart in MKW and WFC. I too, pay full respect to the people that made post-WFC possible.

As for group coordination: I don't think any of such is present at the moment: if any it's unorganized via Groupme or the WHB Discord. Best suggestion that I call out is to set up a private group conversation (feature on the forums) and make an announcement forum post for it. When it's private, I reckon it would create less clutter for everyone. Of course there are other possibilities and my suggestion could not be the best option around here.

Enjoy your stay here. Hope to see you again!
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Thank you for the kind words. Wiimm and the rest of the team has made it irresistible to revisit MKW with the revived online play service.

I'll keep an eye on the forum and the wiimmfi website to see if anything develops for group playing while I hone my skills and get familiar with the service. I do anticipate time zones to be an issue as a substantial portion of the community is based in Europe but I'm sure there plenty of members from this side of the Atlantic too.