Wiimmfi for Wii U games

Wiimmfi for Wii U games

Sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find it and I'm wondering why there isn't a thread about this already.

Is there any way to use Wiimmfi for Wii U games as well? @ Wiimm: Did you start protocolling or reverse engeneering the Wii U server communication?
      I think to edit/patch Wii U games in order to connect to another IP (like the Wiimmfy one) is pretty easy as there's FTPiiu everywhere / upcoming FAT32 support and (hex) editors but especially to rebuild the server structure might be a pain in the :censored: , right?

I've gotta drop this one sentence here:
      The day Nintendo shuts down the Mario Kart 8 online servers will be one of the saddest in my video game history. :(
      I have looked into the Mario Kart 8 network protocol (which is almost identical to Splatoon, btw.) and it is completely different to MKWii. No surprise, since MKW online was made by Gamespy and the Nintendo Network was made by Nintendo.

The peer-to-peer data looks logical (no encryption / compression / etc) but has variable-length packets (very difficult to interpret).
      Parts of the server communication uses SSL, but it looks like Nintendo is using standard curl libraries to do that, so I'll try editing the URL to a HTTP one (like we did for MKW) to see what it transmits. Other parts are unencrypted clear binary data blobs, but some are obfuscated / encrypted / hidden / whatever.

So Wiimmfi itself will definitely never support WiiU games as the WiiU online mode is completely different. I plan on looking a bit into its network protocol, but with very low priority and I can't promise anything.

Also, I doubt they'll shut down MK8 online anytime soon.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Also, I doubt they'll shut down MK8 online anytime soon.

I wouldn't say so. I won't think we've got more than 2 more years plus: When Switch comes out and 10x the amount of people are playing the new MK8.5 Switch port compared to the Wii U users and it's not using the same server I don't think they would care that much on keeping the Wii U server alive unfortunately so I feel some time pressure about this to be honest. :(

But few of your words sounded promising and I'm thankful anyone with kinda knowledge is looking into this at least.
      Um... I think you're just being overly paranoid about it.

If Nintendo actually owned WFC, it would probably still be up and running today.

Who said it had to use different servers? Why would they go through the effort to make an entirely new server when they already have a perfectly fine one right now?

That being said, I'm glad someone at least took a look at how the login system works for Wii U games.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*

NintendoFan schrieb:

I won't call myself paranoid but realistic. Even big and "rich" companies like EA are turning their online servers off for games after a few years.

Even if the servers will be online for more than 5 years it would still be great to be able to recreate them on our own as the day - whenever it's coming - will suck when Ninty's shutting it down.

lordelan schrieb:

NintendoFan schrieb:

I won't call myself paranoid but realistic. Even big and "rich" companies like EA are turning their online servers off for games after a few years.
      Even if the servers will be online for more than 5 years it would still be great to be able to recreate them on our own as the day - whenever it's coming - will suck when Ninty's shutting it down.
      Nintendo's servers are all integrated into one: The Wii U and 3DS use the exact same server with subdomains. The N3DS/O3DS are also tied into it.
      Nintendo will very most likely be adding the Switch into the behemoth of the network, and then if they do shut off the old network, we can setup new ones, but I know private work is occuring on documenting the entire network.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!