Problems with registration: same error prompted in two weeks time

Problems with registration: same error prompted in two weeks time

Salutations,

I've come to the conclusion to make a thread about a severe problem a friend of mine has: which is the inability to register their Dolphin client for use with Wiimmfi.
      He's followed through this tutorial fully, with my assistance and was able to use their NAND and had thus connected to Wiimmfi, which succeeded and gave him a 7 day cooldown on registration.
      Around two weeks after the initial registration without the user logging in further until today, he has been presented with the same error code as the day of registration: 23899 (which means registration is complete).
      Upon further inspection I have determined there was nothing changed in the configuration of my friend's Dolphin client, and this might have been an error on the registration part of Wiimmfi. (Which was wrong as documented further in the replies to this thread)
      Can the Wiimmfi moderators (@Wiimm @Leseratte @PokeAcer) please evaluate on this issue, we've been hoping to play online together but unfortunately this plan went down the drain.

Additional information
      Friend Code: (hidden)
      Used the WIimmfi services before on their vWii (just like I did)

Thank you in advance.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Reboot ()

The console registration feature of Wiimmfi hasn't changed in the last months, and I've never heard of this problem occurring unless you were using an old Dolphin (random MAC), don't have your own NAND or did something else to modify the console identifiers. Or forgot to enter your Wii's MAC into the Dolphin config file.

Wiimmfi has a feature that drops unused consoles after some time if they weren't used at all, but if I recall, that time is much longer than 2 weeks.

Do you happen to know when (date is enough) he first tried to connect and got 23899 for the first time?

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I've found the date of registration, which is on 12/24/2016. Discord unfortunately doesn't show the exact time given.
      Could it be that the Wireless MAC doesn't respond upon lowercase letters? I'll investigate in that as well.
      Edit: MAC information has been sent to you privately
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

I've checked the log file. When your friend first connected to Wiimmfi, he forgot to add his Wireless MAC to the dolphin config file (or maybe he forgot to close Dolphin while doing so, or restarting it afterwards) and so dolphin used a standard one. The server then recognized the MAC change as a new console.

I've activated the new console with the correct MAC, so he should now be able to play.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()