Hard Drive Problem? - Making a Copy of a working External HardDrive!

• Gelöst

Hard Drive Problem? - Making a Copy of a working External HardDrive!

So to cut a long story short.

I have been using my Wii U for homebrew Mega Drive, Gamecube, Wii Games etc. with no problems. However, despite having a Y-cable to power the Hard Drive, it would often freeze due to lack of power.

To prevent this I bought a 2TB Seagate Expansion Desktop, which is self powered. Now I have noticed that this is recommended by Nintendo.

I formatted the drive to Fat32, which I believe is the same as my old drive, and I copied a few of the files across to test if it works. I have also tested with NTSC.

I am still using the Y cable and hard drive is also plugged into the power socket. I enter the VWii and click on the Homebrew Channel. I get nothing but bubbles. Now on my original drive all my apps would appear straight away. I figured out that if I press on I can select USB or SD. I select USB and everytime I get the black screen titled "Exception (DSI) occurred!". I have to unplug the power from Wii U at this point. I can't figure out what the problem is.

Any help would be much appreciated. I just want to make a copy of my original hard drive.

Thanks In Advance.
      You said you were using it with no problems. So it didn't always freeze?

I personally use 5400 RPM drives with Y-Cable (2 x 0,5 A => 5W) and it never freezes. Or is it a 3,5 " 7500 RPM?

DSI is basically similar to the Windows bluescreen. In console homebrew terms this means anything with your setup could be wrong and causes an application crash with buffer overflow.

Don't worry, clone your drive on a byte by byte basis with tools like CloneZilla or dd under Linux and try again.
      01-19-2038 03:14:08