Problem with homebrew running on IOS 58

Problem with homebrew running on IOS 58

I have been trying to run some wii games off of USB loader GX, but the homebrew channel is stuck running on IOS 58 and it seems like that IOS doesn't support wii disc based games (according to what's said when I start USB loader). Is there a way to change what IOS homebrew is running on? USB Loader is running on 249 itself, but I guess it's still somehow running with the base IOS 58 or something and so it doesn't load wii games? Or is there another solution to this problem?

Also, in trying to change the IOS that homebrew is running on, I deleted IOS 58 entirely in hopes that it would automatically change homebrew's IOS but yeah that didn't work... so is there any way to change homebrew's IOS so that it will work with USB loader for wii games?

Thank you so much in advance
      The homebrew channel is supposed to run on IOS58. What exactly are you trying to do? Start games from USB using the USB Loader? Booting actual game discs in the drive using the USB Loader?

Maybe your IOS249 is broken or too old for your USB Loader, you might want to update it to d2x-v8 (and the USB Loader to its newest version).

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Yeah, I'm trying to start downloaded games from the USB loader (off of my USB drive) and it isn't working with wii games. The thing that made me think it had something to do with IOS58 is the fact that whenever I open USB loader, it gives me a message something along the lines of "running on IOS 58, wii disc-based games will not work...". My USB loader GX is the newest version, I will go about trying to update my IOS 249 and let you know what happens once I get homebrew up and running again.
      Okay, got it to work. Actually deleting IOS58 did fix my problem I believe, because the USB loader loaded the wii game no problem when the USB Loader GX was not having the base IOS of 58. That beginning error I mentioned earlier didn't pop up since homebrew was running on a different IOS (not sure which one). It took me a while to actually redownload homebrew though, and I feel as though nintendont might not work but whatever hey it works! Thanks for the help anyways. As soon as my homebrew reinstalled, it worked.