New to Wiimmfi

New to Wiimmfi

Hi, i'm new here, i just patched my ISO to run the game and i have questions:

- I'm playing with Dolphin 5.0 and sometimes have a little slowdown before the race starts, does that affect playing it online or something?

- Why do i have to wait 7 days?

- Can i play with a friend who's playing from a Wii? - If yes, how can i add him as a friend in-game?

Rosemon schrieb:

- I'm playing with Dolphin 5.0 and sometimes have a little slowdown before the race starts, does that affect playing it online or something?
      Be extremely careful about this, as if your game even falls to 59 FPS, that can cause a lot more problems than you think. Not sure if you're aware of what Dolphin can do, but it's just about the same as a timer hack, if your game falls below 60 frames per second, then it'll send an invalid time to the server and mix around the positions in not so great ways. So, if that's a potential problem, I don't recommend you to use dolphin as you may plan to.

Rosemon schrieb:

- Why do i have to wait 7 days?
      Wiimmfi has been a challenge for its developers, and cheaters have been, and still are, an even bigger challenge. As you may know, in order to gain access to Wiimmfi, you have to have at least minimal homebrew knowledge. That automatically puts you into the "hacker" status (and by the way, hacker ≠ cheater, but we'll get into that later on), as you hack your Wii in order to get the Homebrew channel. And there are those groups of people who have been dominating Nintendo WFC's servers with item cheats, as these people are known as cheaters obviously. Since literally everyone who uses Wiimmfi has homebrew knowledge, chances of you finding a cheater in a Worldwide match are probably tripled than that of Nintendo WFC, not to mention the smaller population helps there. And of course there are YouTube videos online about "How do you hack Wiimmfi?!?!?!!?" that still inspires many users. So with that being said, the more advanced cheaters who get banned along with normal cheaters try to find a way and circumvent their bans and generate literally hundreds of profiles and fake consoles. When they do this, they can pretty much instantly bypass their ban and play online as if nothing ever happened and they've never been banned. This created a major chore for much of the moderators of Wiimmfi, and this was a really big problem in 2015 and 2016, but with the implementation of the 7 day activation, that's slowed them down significantly. Back then, you'd probably see a few permanent bans every day. Now it's only a few permanent bans a week or month. Sure, there's still a few out there that are trying hard at being tryhards, but that's what it's had to come to unfortunately. It's definitely sad that everyone has to suffer at that, but it is what it is. So it's not your fault or anything, just so you know. I just couldn't imagine what Wiimmfi would be like on this day if this rule wasn't implemented.

Rosemon schrieb:

- Can i play with a friend who's playing from a Wii? - If yes, how can i add him as a friend in-game?
      You can play with literally anyone on Wiimmfi if you add them or find them in a global match. So yes, you can add him as you would normally (connecting, going to Register a Friend, and entering his/her FC). So yes, that'd work normally. Sorry for the short essay here but just to clarify why the things are the way they are, and to minimize any potential problems or misunderstandings you may have. With that being said, I wish you the best of luck and I do hope that you are able to enjoy the game. :P

Rosemon schrieb:

Hi, i'm new here, i just patched my ISO to run the game and i have questions:

Make sure you play every stage and build up a shader cache like that. Vulkan in my opinion is the most reliable in caching as a video backend, next to DirectX11. Ishiruka with Vulkan is what I reccomend for reliability online, however real FPS (not VFPS, how fast your actual game runs) may stagger.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

So, can i have a little help to fix that little slowdown i have before the race starts?

@edit

I tried Ishiruka here, and this happened

@edit2

It seems there is no slowdowns anymore before the race starts, i'll just play a little more and check if there are errors or something

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Rosemon ()

Rosemon schrieb:

So, can i have a little help to fix that little slowdown i have before the race starts?

@edit

I tried Ishiruka here, and this happened

image.prntscr.com/image/uBf9j3YxQ-iMrLWJ8B8d8g.png
      @edit2

It seems there is no slowdowns anymore before the race starts, i'll just play a little more and check if there are errors or something

Do not use the Direct3D 11 backend, but Vulkan (requires you to have Vulkan libraries installed though) and try again. Try playing or viewing every course, this should build up your shader cache and slowdowns should be happening less often to almost minimal or never.

Please make sure marked items are checked as well:

Edit: For a smoother experience, please also copy over my 'Hacks' tab (tick and slide accordingly by the screenshot)

So TL:DR: the more you play, the more reliably your shader cache is built up, and the less slowdown you will take in online play.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Rosemon schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

Do not use the Direct3D 11 backend, but Vulkan (requires you to have Vulkan libraries installed though) and try again. Try playing or viewing every course, this should build up your shader cache and slowdowns should be happening less often to almost minimal or never.
      How do i install Vulkan? Also do you think my GPU can run it? I'm using a R7 240
      Upon further research I have found out that on Windows the Vulkan libraries should already be installed on newer Windows GPU drivers, please check for driver updates (from e.g. the Radeon panel), Your graphics card should be able to run Vulkan fine, really.