WiiU Hombrew doesn't see boot.dol files

WiiU Hombrew doesn't see boot.dol files

Hi,

I made a quite clean hack of the WiiU, but I am stuck at the installation of USBLoaderGX. It is theoretically installed, but I cannot see it anywhere. After some research, I reached the conclusion that maybe I am missing some cIOS. I downloaded "d2x cIOS Installer v3.1" and followed the instructions. But I realised that Homebrew is never showing me the software I expect if there is not a ".elf" file in the folder. If only a ".dol" file is present, it won't be shown. I can put it in "/apps/" or "/wiiu/apps/" folders, I have the same result: it doesn't appear. But all folder containing boot.elf files are appearing. Consequently I cannot install the d2x cIOS... I don't understand why Homebrew doesn't show .dol files as it is the today most recommended format... Any idea how to solve this ?

My WiiU is version 5.5.2, Homebrew is installed (just need to start it through Haxchi instead of the usual way for some unknown reason...).

Best regards.
      d2x installer is a Wii / vWii homebrew. Not for WiiU. Thus, you have to boot vWii, start the Homebrew Channel, and install d2x there, and use the USB-Loader there, too.

Haxchi and the Homebrew Launcher is only for WiiU homebrew.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Hi,

OK, thanks for the answer. Indeed, it is not always easy to understand which software should be run in which environment. You are right: I could run the USB-loader GX2 (as well as d2x installer) in Wii mode. So I understand that to have the same functionality directly in the Homebrew of the Wii U, I will need to get another loader especially designed for the Wii U...

But before that, I need to understand why I get an "Error 199-9999" when I used the Homebrew launcher from the Wii U Menu :-).

Best regards.

Gougnek schrieb:

I need to understand why I get an "Error 199-9999" when I used the Homebrew launcher from the Wii U Menu
      Because it is no official Nintendo software and you didn't start Haxchi / a signature patch first.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()