Mario Strikers Charged Football: Unable to do friendly/custom matches.

Mario Strikers Charged Football: Unable to do friendly/custom matches.

Hello everyone,

I started playing mario strikers again some weeks ago. When i added a friendcode on my friend list, then tried to create a friend room withmy friend, i couldn't invite him and it tells me that him and i have different region. Here's the problem: we're both set in the europe region, so there shouldn't be such error.
      What is the solution to get rid of this error, so i can play with my friend and we can do customised matches?

Thank you in advance
      Ping @PokeAcer

@Hi_Am_Disturbia
      This error appears when either the profile doesn't exist or when it's not registered as the same region, IIRC. It can also happen if the gamestats2 server response is badly crafted but I haven't found any issue and MSCF is the game the server is based on. Unless you or your friend use the gamestats skip code, your profiles are registered to the gamestats server during the login process. If a disconnection with the gamestats server occurs the error code 98020 and similar ones appear.

Moreover, without the EXACT timestamp, your and your friend profile name and if possible PID, we can't really help. Does it happen with new profiles for both of you as well?
      @PokeAcer

@Sepalani
      Actually, i registered a new profile, with the wiimmfi patcher. Well, what i mean there is, i had to delete the profile i created years ago with nintendo's server, then had to create a new one. I also checked about the region settings, because i know something was, probably, wrong. I verified that my region was correctly set, and i did not see any problem. After seing a pretty old thread about mario strikers, that was posted 3years ago, i thought that it was relationed with the gamestats skip code as you're mentioning it here. And yes, i exactly get the error code 98020.

What is strange is that my friend tried to do friendly matches with another friend of mine, and they could do friendly matches. So it only concerns me.
      I'll give you my gamestats:
      Timestamp: December 2nd 2017 21:01 (If this is how you have to write the timestamp)
      Name ingame: Disturbia
      Friend code: 090794 605368
      Region: France / Western Europe
      PID: 600292152
      @Hi_Am_Disturbia
      I can't find your PID in the database. Are you sure that's your PID? Have you misconfigured/misused a DNS server because it might mean that you're not connecting to the right server. Or you didn't patch your game properly. If you can, provide a network dump of you trying to connect online.

@PokeAcer
      Was the gamestats2 server offline?
      I can confirm my server has been online the whole time, I restarted TCP and HTTP GAMESTATS right now just in case, but I could see connections were coming in.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Unless I'm mistaken, region is Japan, USA and Europe (there might be Korean, too. Let's not talk about multi-region games which don't apply here as well). It's set by the game so there isn't anything you can do.

That issue sounds slightly invalid to me, everything is working for me, so unless that's a missed edge case you probably use the wrong version of the game compared to your friend (if you can provide its PID/Name). Or you improperly patch your game.

For the record, I dumped my MSCF (PAL/France) from my Wii, then I patched the ISO. My Wii's DNS settings are the default one, IIRC. I also use an USB Loader but it shouldn't matter.
      I'm pretty sure, it's also working on Dolphin Emulator.

I'm wondering, how do you patch your game?
      I'll talk to you next week @Sepalani, because my wii is at my parents's house, and i have to go to highschool. Doing preparatory.

I don't know if I have a wrong version of the game, because it doesn't seems to be the case. I patched it properly as far as I know. And my region has to be Europe then, but since something weird happened to my wii, I think it might have changed my own region, which I hope it isn't the case.
      Will provide you the gamestats from my friend next week then, on friday-saturday. I will mention you for that, so you can have its stats.

By the way, my dsn settings are also correct.

For how do I patch my game, I actually don't understand what you mean by that.
      You're all probably barking up the wrong tree here.

During the time that the Gamestats server was not functional, I made a code called the Gamestats skip for Mario Strikers that was required to skip its usage. This allowed the game to play online, but any Gamestats functions would be lost. Confirming friend region seems to be a feature that MSCF relies on Gamestats for. Nowadays that cheat code is redundant, and while it is built in to v0.4 of my disc patcher, v0.3 doesn't have it. So my advice is to make sure that neither of you are running either the Gamestats skip code or v0.4 of the disc patcher. Doing that should allow you to add friends and play in rooms without issue.

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

You're all probably barking up the wrong tree here.

During the time that the Gamestats server was not functional, I made a code called the Gamestats skip for Mario Strikers that was required to skip its usage. This allowed the game to play online, but any Gamestats functions would be lost. Confirming friend region seems to be a feature that MSCF relies on Gamestats for. Nowadays that cheat code is redundant, and while it is built in to v0.4 of my disc patcher, v0.3 doesn't have it. So my advice is to make sure that neither of you are running either the Gamestats skip code or v0.4 of the disc patcher. Doing that should allow you to add friends and play in rooms without issue.
      Perhaps a v0.5 (or 0.4.1) should be released which removes the GAMESTATS skip code? :3
      Though, this is a valid reason for why @Sepalani couldnt see the user connecting on our end..

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Actually have a sad new. My wii died a week ago, and i cannot repair it, so the topic is dead.

Everyone thanks a lot for trying to help me! Sadly i will no longer be able to play on a wii until some time...
      I'll mention you if i have by any chance another wii, so i can recolect all datas from my old wii.

Nb: For what is about Gamestats skip, @MrBean35000vr, I don't have one, neither my friend. My wiimmfi patcher is actually the v0.4 too.

Hi_Am_Disturbia schrieb:

Actually have a sad new. My wii died a week ago, and i cannot repair it, so the topic is dead.

Everyone thanks a lot for trying to help me! Sadly i will no longer be able to play on a wii until some time...
      I'll mention you if i have by any chance another wii, so i can recolect all datas from my old wii.

Nb: For what is about Gamestats skip, @MrBean35000vr, I don't have one, neither my friend. My wiimmfi patcher is actually the v0.4 too.
      v0.4 has the GAMESTATS skip built in; so you do have it sadly :p
      Sorry for hearing about your Wii; what's wrong with it? ><"