hello

roesem schrieb:

i am new on this board and want too upgrade my wii 4,1e
      Hi!
      I'll help you out! Don't worry I'll give you really easy steps!

Things you will need:

• A Wii console
      • An SD Card with 5 GB or more
      • A computer with Internet Access
      • An SD Card reader for your computer
      Step 1: Go to the Letterbomb page. You also need to input your Wii's Mac Address. To find this, click on Wii Options, go to Wii Settings. Go to page 2 of the settings, then click on "Internet". Click on "Console Information". Enter the Mac Address displayed there in the appropriate area of the website page.
      By default, the option to "Bundle the HackMii Installer for me!" is checked. Leave it that way.
      The page has a "recaptcha" security system. After filling in the words, you have a choice between clicking "Cut the red wire" or "Cut the blue wire." I clicked the "red wire" button, but as far as I can tell it doesn't make any difference which one you click. Either will download the file.
      Unzip the file to your SD card.
      Note: If you have a brand new Wii, this reportedly won't work until there is at least one message in your message board. If your Wii is new and you have no messages, create a memo on your Wii before going on to the next step. To create a memo, go to the Wii Message Board by clicking the envelope in the little circle on the lower right corner of the main menu, then click on the create message icon, then the memo icon, then write and post a memo.

Step 2: There is a little door next to the game disk slot on the Wii, open it and you will see a slot for a SD card. Insert the SD card into it so that the top of the card is towards the game disk slot. If it only goes partway in, you’re inserting it backward or upside down.
      Turn on your Wii. Once the main menu is up, click on the envelope in the circle on the lower right of the screen. This takes you to your Wii Message Board. Now you need to find a special message indicated by a red envelope containing a cartoon bomb. This will most likely be in yesterday's mail, so click the blue arrow to the left to go to the previous day. According to the instructions, it could also turn up in today or two days ago. Once you find the envelope, click on it.

Step 3: Note: read all onscreen instructions carefully! The programmers could change them at any time.
      You will see a loading screen, followed by a black screen with white text telling you to demand your money back if you paid for this software. After a few seconds you will be told to press the "1" button on your remote, so do so.
      At this point, you’ll be using the direction pad on the Wii remote to highlight items and pushing the A button to select them.
      A screen will come up telling you whether the homebrew items you want to install can be installed. This guide assumes they can be. (If you have an older Wii and are using the Letterbomb method then you may be given a choice between installing BootMii as boot2 or IOS. The Readme file included with Letterbomb explains the pros and cons, but newer consoles will only allow the IOS method.)
      Select “continue” and press A.
      You will see a menu that will allow you to install The Homebrew Channel. It will also let you choose to run Bootmii, the installer, which you will probably never need to do. If you are using the Bannerbomb method you will have a DVDx option as well. Select “Install the Homebrew Channel” and press A. You will be asked whether you want to install it, so choose to continue and press A again.
      After it installs, which should just take a few seconds, press the A button to continue.
      If you're using Bannerbomb you can also optionally use the same procedure to install DVDx, which unlocks the ability of the Wii to be used as a DVD player (if you install media playing software like MPlayer CE). I don't know why DVDx isn't included in Letterbomb, but it can be installed; you can find it with the Homebrew Browser.
      When you’ve installed everything you want to install, select “Exit” and press the A button.
      After you exit, you will see an indicator that your SD card is loading and then you’ll be in the homebrew channel. If you have also copied some homebrew applications into the apps folder of your SD card then these apps will be listed, otherwise, you will just have a screen with bubbles floating on it. Pressing the home button on the remote will bring up a menu; choose exit and you will be in the main Wii menu, where the Homebrew Channel will now be displayed as one of your channels.

Step 4: Put your SD card in your computer’s SD card reader. Create a folder called “apps” (without the quotes) in the root folder of the card.
      Now you need software, so go to wiibrew.org.
      Choose an application listed at wibrew.org and click on it. This will give you a description of the software, with links on the right-hand side to download it or visit the developer’s website.
      Click on the download link. This will either start the download immediately or take you to a website from which you can download the software. The software will be in the zip or rar format, so you will need appropriate decompression software. If you have Windows you can use something like IZArc.
      Decompress the file into your SD card’s “apps” folder. Make sure it is in its own subfolder. For example, if you install SCUMMVM, you would have a SCUMMVM folder inside of the apps folder.
      Put as many applications and games as you like (and that will fit) on the card. Now take the card out of your PC and put it back in your Wii. From the main Wii menu, click on the Homebrew Channel and start it. You will now see anything you installed listed on the screen. Click on the item of your choice and enjoy.
      Note: The easiest way to find and install homebrew software on the Wii is with the Homebrew Browser. If you install HB using the method above, then you can just put the SD card back in the Wii slot, start the homebrew channel, run HB and choose and download the software you want. HB does not list all the software available for the Wii, but it lists most of it.