Weird bug and crash in (item rain) battle mode of CTGP-R

Weird bug and crash in (item rain) battle mode of CTGP-R

I haven't played MKWii for a long time since I got wrongfully banned from Wiimmfi online play on one of my consoles. Since Item Rain got released, I gained interest in MKW, specificially CTGP-R, again and today I installed it on my already homebrewed Wii U in the vWii mode. It starts fine and Item Rain works fine within races. But Battle Mode doesn't, it's always the same:
      • The battle starts on either the last selected racetrack or, if none was selected, on Luigi Circuit. It doesn't matter wether you set course selection in the battle rules to random or choose a battle arena manually.
      • The start animation is glitched, sometimes the racers fall off and respawn, sometimes they all start at the same spot
      • Then, the battle goes on normally, but on the racetrack, instead of on a battle arena.
      • The raining items are randomly assigned to one of the teams
      • When the timer runs out and the battle is over, the game crashes with a blackscreen, and sometimes restarts straight into the CTGP-R menu (where you can launch it, change settings...), sometimes I have to pull the plug.
      Is this already known and going to be fixed? Or is it my fault, because I made something wrong during the install process? I had to download the file three times because Mega always messed up by deleting the zip archive after I saved it into my downloads folder and before I could unzip it onto my SD card, maybe the files are corrupted?

• Firmware 4.3E
      • Softmod per LetterBomb
      • Bootmii als IOS
      • Homebrew-Channel 1.1.2
      • Riivolution 1.06 mit CTGP-R, Ocarina-Handler und Wiimm-Fi-Patcher
      :43px-GCNController.svg: :43px-GCNController.svg: :43px-GCNController.svg: :43px-GCNController.svg: :43px-GCNController.svg: :8px-Wiimote1.svg: :8px-WiiMote2.svg: :8px-WiiMote3.svg.png: :8px-Wiimote4.svg: :8px-Wiimote1.svg: :26px-Nunchuck_alternative.svg: :26px-Nunchuck_alternative.svg: :26px-Nunchuck_alternative.svg:

• Famicom - Famicom Disk System, AV-Mod, 2 Controller
      • Nintendo NES - 2 Controller
      • Super Famicom - 2 Controller, Super GameBoy 2, Koffer
      • Nintendo 64 - 2 graue Controller, Controller-Pak
      • Gamecube - 5 Controller, 1 Memorycard
      • Wii - Firmware 4.3E, gesoftmodded (LetterBomb), 5 Wiimotes, 3 Nunchucks, 2 Wiils
      • Wii U - Firmware 5.5E, vWii gesoftmodded (SmashStack), GCN-Adapter, 1 Gamepad
      • Switch - Custom Skin, 2 JoyCons, 1 Pro-Controller

• Gameboy - Koffer, Netzteil mit aufladbarem Akku
      • Gameboy Advance
      • DS - hat den Schultertasten-Brick
      • DSi - auch defekte Schultertasten
      • 3DS - hat einen Scharnierbruch
      • 3DS XL - mit Controllergrip
      • New 3DS XL - Firmware 10.3.0-28E