Any plans to support NDS Constraint on Wiimmfi?

Any plans to support NDS Constraint on Wiimmfi?

NDS Constraint is a flaw in the SSL library that DS(i) games use that was found by shutterbug2000, this can be used to allow these games to connect to unofficial servers without any patching, just by adjusting the DNS settings.

github.com/KaeruTeam/nds-constraint

@Wiimm I know you are very busy, but could you imagine Wiimmfi supporting this some time in the future? I'm sure it will help to rise activity for DS games.
      Everyone put this out faster than me; im annoyed /s
      Really though, this could make DS access a THOUSAND times easier - while it doesnt support SNI (= new IP) imo the new ip would be so much worth it just for the fact that the DS supports SSL this way, so no hacked roms needed!

@Leseratte should be mentioned too - i understand this isnt easy but this surely should be near the top of a to-do list, because this would make DS access possible to anyone with WEP (OR WPA2 ON DSi - pokemon b/w/b2/w2 just need regular old 'net and a DNS!)

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      We are currently in contact with Bean and Chadderz to figure out a way to support this on Wiimmfi for DS. This isn't an easy thing for us to add to Wiimmfi, because the DS (same as the Wii) doesn't support SNI (Server-Name indication) and thus hosting a server with this manipulated certificate requires an extra IP which Wiimmfi doesn't have. But this definitely looks interesting and we hope we'll be able to figure out a way to make it work.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Does the server not have the ability to add extra IPs? some providers dont support it but some do and it'd be awesome to see this; even if it ends up being a second (cheaper) server is essentially a proxy for NAS, that's still better than nothing; while GAMESTATS (TCP+HTTP), the main auxiliary servers, are fine on HTTP, my concern is SAKE, which is usually (but not always it seems?) HTTPS pre-patching, however i may be wrong.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Yeah, they have contacted me and asked if that kind of proxying to Wiimmfi would be OK for us, since them hosting it on a spare IP is easier than us paying additional money for another IP just for that HTTPS service.

People will now probably be able to play DS games on Wiimmfi wthout any kind of patch, just with their IP (164.132.44.106) as primary DNS in their DS. We didn't do that much testing if Wiimmfi likes it when we have tens of people from the same IP on Wiimmfi (cause the RiiConnect24 server will be proxying all requests to Wiimmfi so all DS players on this DNS appear as one single IP on Wiimmfi), but we don't have any reason to believe that that would cause problems.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()