While a way to access Wiimmfi via DS is now possible, there hasnt really been any set-out tutorials for it showing some of the issues that also may arise. So, let's write!
- A DS, DS Lite, DSi, "Old" or "New" 3DS.
- A WEP or Open internet connection (Not needed for Pokémon White, Black, White 2, or Black 2 if using a DSi or later) that doesn't have a captive portal (most public WiFi hotspots have the "Please agree to terms/login with x" - these are captive portals, and will mean the DS cannot use the networks).
- A copy of your game (legit or otherwise - Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 has to be legit otherwise the DSi WPA internet will not work and you will need WEP).
- Setup your Internet connection; most DS games will have a way to do this in their settings, but Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 will rely on "DSi connections" (4/5/6 on the DSi, or just plain old 1/2/3 on 3DS)
- On an original DS, select your connection, and press the "No" next to "Auto Obtain DNS", and edit both primary and secondary. Your primary will be 184.108.40.206 (RiiConnect24), and your secondary 220.127.116.11 It'll look something like this
If you are using Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 only: On a DSi or later, go to the connection -> edit -> auto-obtain dns -> Set to NO -> Advanced Options. Your primary will be 18.104.22.168 (RiiConnect24), and your secondary 22.214.171.124 This only works on Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 on a DSi - every other game needs the above setup
- Test your connection; if it works, try going online!
- Currently, SAKE, and DLS1, will not work, due to them both needing separate IPs with separate certificates (Remember, no SNI!)
- Probably other unknown things; get testing and please report bugs!
- @shutterbug2000 for discovering this flaw, and publishing it as part of Kaeru Team.
- Kaeru Team for hosting the NAS proxy that allows you to connect to Wiimmfi; they also do host their own DNS, but RC24 DNS usually has faster edits for when new servers are setup (this does not mean I wish any ill towards them; they're awesome people no matter what they say).
- @MrBean35000vr because he's probably about to release a video tutorial that says all of this in a much better way for new people :3
- RiiConnect24, for hosting the DNS used.
Please do not PM me. If you PM me without valid reason, I will block you from doing so. Thank you.
The post was edited 2 times, last by PokeAcer: Now with a pretty picture! ().