Using DS on Wiimmfi - now without hacks!

Using DS on Wiimmfi - now without hacks!

While a way to access Wiimmfi via DS is now possible, there hasnt really been any set-out tutorials for it showing some of the issues that also may arise. So, let's write!

Requirements

• A DS, DS Lite, DSi, "Old" or "New" 3DS.
      • A WEP or Open internet connection (Not needed for Pokémon White, Black, White 2, or Black 2 if using a DSi or later) that doesn't have a captive portal (most public WiFi hotspots have the "Please agree to terms/login with x" - these are captive portals, and will mean the DS cannot use the networks).
      • A copy of your game (legit or otherwise - Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 has to be legit otherwise the DSi WPA internet will not work and you will need WEP).
      Setup Steps

1. Setup your Internet connection; most DS games will have a way to do this in their settings, but Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 will rely on "DSi connections" (4/5/6 on the DSi, or just plain old 1/2/3 on 3DS)
      2. On an original DS, select your connection, and press the "No" next to "Auto Obtain DNS", and edit both primary and secondary. Your primary will be 164.132.44.106 (RiiConnect24), and your secondary 1.1.1.1 It'll look something like this

If you are using Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 only: On a DSi or later, go to the connection -> edit -> auto-obtain dns -> Set to NO -> Advanced Options. Your primary will be 164.132.44.106 (RiiConnect24), and your secondary 1.1.1.1 This only works on Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 on a DSi - every other game needs the above setup
      3. Test your connection; if it works, try going online!
      Caveats

• Currently, SAKE, and DLS1, will not work, due to them both needing separate IPs with separate certificates (Remember, no SNI!)
      • Probably other unknown things; get testing and please report bugs!
      Thanks

• @shutterbug2000 for discovering this flaw, and publishing it as part of Kaeru Team.
      • Kaeru Team for hosting the NAS proxy that allows you to connect to Wiimmfi; they also do host their own DNS, but RC24 DNS usually has faster edits for when new servers are setup (this does not mean I wish any ill towards them; they're awesome people no matter what they say).
      • @MrBean35000vr because he's probably about to release a video tutorial that says all of this in a much better way for new people :3
      • RiiConnect24, for hosting the DNS used. ^^

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Billy549 () aus folgendem Grund: Now with a pretty picture!

PokeAcer schrieb:

• @MrBean35000vr because he's probably about to release a video tutorial that says all of this in a much better way for new people :3

You know it :P

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

GoldMario777 schrieb:

First off, nice discovery!

I'm having a issue where I get either 52000 or 52100. I'm on PAL 3DS with a PAL Mario Kart DS cartrige. I tried both from the game and from the 3DS settings. I'm using an open wifi hotspot. Can someone help me, or is this not possible for PAL region yet?
      I'm trying Clubhouse Games as well and I'm having issues. I start an open hotspot on my Android phone and then follow the instructions listed in the OP. I get the 52100 error when I try to go online. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.
      Hi, so i wanna tell y'all that im trying to connect to gen 4 wfc (with spanish carts, ds, internet, etc...everything im using is spanish) and the error 20110 always shows up, no matter what, even if i erase the wfc settings, use a different ds/3ds, i already tried it with 178.62.43.212 and 1.1.1.1, even with 8.8.8.8 and 0.0.0.0, but the error 20110 is always there, in every ds, so if some of you could help i'd be so grateful, thank you. [user][/user]
      Open or WEP doesn't make a difference in this. If - with the correct DNS server - you still get error 20110, there is some kind of filter rewriting your DNS requests. Most likely in your router, or, less likely, done by your ISP.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Danifp22 schrieb:

Hi, so i wanna tell y'all that im trying to connect to gen 4 wfc (with spanish carts, ds, internet, etc...everything im using is spanish) and the error 20110 always shows up, no matter what, even if i erase the wfc settings, use a different ds/3ds, i already tried it with 178.62.43.212 and 1.1.1.1, even with 8.8.8.8 and 0.0.0.0, but the error 20110 is always there, in every ds, so if some of you could help i'd be so grateful, thank you. [user][/user]
      Wait, wait... this may look silly, but are you hitting the "save settings" (guardar ajustes) button? I'm saying this because I was having the same issue (error 20110) until I figured out I wasn't saving the changes :P .
      My english is bad... Sorry for that :wacko:
      31020 is "HTTP connection failed" - clearly your network connection seems to have a few issues; 20110 wont happen during a connection test, and try making the secondary 164.132.44.106 as well because sometimes the DS just uses DNS 2 for no reason.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!