MKWii Voice Chat

MKWii Voice Chat

I was recently thinking about Nintendo's voice chat app and was wondering whether this could be replicated within MKWii. To solve this, I've made a Discord server with a bot that checks what room you're in on Wiimmfi and puts you into a private voice channel for the people within that room as soon as you join it. It essentially works just like the voice chat app. There's no requirement for Dolphin or anything like that, as everything is taken straight from Wiimmfi. Anyone playing in any region can use the server.

All you have to do after setting up for the first time is join the "searching" voice channel when you're about to play, and then the bot will do everything else for you! The service therefore allows you to be able to talk to the people in your worldwide, assuming they are in the server too. If you're interested in checking it out, here's the link: discord.gg/mME2ftc

If you like the idea and want to see people actually using the server so you come across people to talk to while you're in a worldwide room, then spreading the word and telling your friends will really help the server fulfil its purpose!

A very basic example of the concept working: cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…4/2018-11-02_15-27-43.gif
      Setting up:

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

MKWii FC: 4386-8695-1301
      It sounds pretty good, but why not make it possible to talk in the wii in general using Wii Speak? That way, if you had Wii Speak, you could just connect it and you would be able to talk online, no Discord needed! You could cut out the middle man, but right now, Discord is the best matchmaker. If you could find a way to make it work, I think the Wii could become even better than it was before!( I swear every day something new happens in the Wii community)
      I just hope that the random online Matchmaking in Mario Sports Mix will be fixed soon, or sometime in the future. Please do fix it sometime in the future.
      I think this idea is pretty nice but I too think it's somewhat tedious to need to set up including changing your mii name, plus it's not much known of by the wiimmfi community (mostly because this isn't backed so much or advertised). If at at least the verification process is simpler, i'm sure more people are likely to try this out.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

XanderTTheTogepi schrieb:

It sounds pretty good, but why not make it possible to talk in the wii in general using Wii Speak? That way, if you had Wii Speak, you could just connect it and you would be able to talk online, no Discord needed! You could cut out the middle man, but right now, Discord is the best matchmaker. If you could find a way to make it work, I think the Wii could become even better than it was before!( I swear every day something new happens in the Wii community)
      Considering the lack of accessibility to Wii Speak and the difficulty, I definitely don't think that it would be worth it unfortunately.

Reboot schrieb:

I think this idea is pretty nice but I too think it's somewhat tedious to need to set up including changing your mii name, plus it's not much known of by the wiimmfi community (mostly because this isn't backed so much or advertised). If at at least the verification process is simpler, i'm sure more people are likely to try this out.
      At this moment in time, I'm not sure how I would make the process quicker, without people being able to impose anyone they would like. If you anyone has any suggestions then please let me know. I'll see what else I can do in terms of getting the word out there, but I feel that my options are somewhat limited at the moment.

Thanks for showing interest in the server!
      MKWii FC: 4386-8695-1301
      Wii Speaks are very accessible but the Wii doesn't have a hypervisor or ANY WAY to run one, so...

A lot of the work isn't gonna be worth it to many, sadly.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!