Mario Kart Wii Mod: LE-CODE by Leseratte

Not really, no.

You probably can play the standard Wiimmfi competition if you have a CT pack that includes the original tracks, but you won't be able to send and receive CT track ghosts.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

hat code doesn't do anything special, it just loads the LE-CODE binary from the disc's "rel" folder and adds it to the running game.

Given that you're loading this through brainslug, does brainslug even support adding files (like the LE-CODE binary) to a game disc?
      Hey Leseratte.

Yes brainslug supports adding files, for example using this module: emvolution
      However, at the bottom of the README you see it cannot replace a main.dol file.
      This is why i need sone other way to patch main.dol to load the LE-CODE (i tried the GCT code before, didnt work). Could you maybe help me with writing a BrainSlug module to patch a main.dol file for le-code?
      Are you aware of slot specific sound flags do not currently work on LE-Code? Example the star gates you go through on Rainbow Road do not do the sound they're suppose to in the vanilla and same with similar flags. I hope this gets fixed at some point.

Ps. Also why isn't LE-Code open source? I'm pretty sure it would have evolved even faster, not that you haven't done enough, but just a thought that came to my mind.
      I'm able to deactivate the watchdog timer and set to the race time limit to very large limits. Ist also possible to patch a hook that allows millions of frames for the watchdog. But I decided to keep the code small and patch only values. So the watchdog max time is 0x7fff frames = 9:06. And with this decision, the max online time limit becomes 8:45, 75% more than usual. This is absolute perfect for me, because an online race with about 9 minutes incl. scoreboards is already too long for me.

Comparte ct-wiiki: wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Online_Time_Limit

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      I have been playing Intermezzos for well over a year now, and I have been enjoying them greatly. However, many tracks have major flaws in them and sometimes even cause a softlock for almost all players.

On the Controllers and Buttonsarticle in the last table, there is a "Terminate current race" option that has not been implemented. Could this get implemented so testing gets easier? In this way, the room would not have to be reset and reopened.

Let me know if there were still plans for this!
      About "Terminate current race"
      I've tried various things but haven't found anything that works satisfactorily both online and offline. Since offline is not critical, I intend to carry out tests with the modification of the online time limit and/or related watchdog.

The best thing would be if I found a way to stop the race immediately and tell the other players so they also stop the race immediately. It should work in both versus and battle. But so far this has been a low priority for me.

Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      A bunch of LE-CODE users seem to have issues with certain .bmg text messages getting cut off, one that's noticable is the Drift Type "help window" message.
      Is there a way to actually get rid of the Extend BRLYT Text code that's implemented in LE-CODE?? There's a consistent way to actually fix cut off messages, and changing all text messages to a maximum length of 128 units won't make it possible to have a proper Drift Type help window message (and eventually big messages for Mission Mode's text description, its tutorial video text description and so forth).

A consistent fix for me (and most likely for others too) is making our custom menus with Switch Toolbox, and for fixing text cut-offs, we use Benzin and change the text pane's length value so that everything fits just right. And we don't need character and vehicle names that are at least 128 units long (32 at most).
      Or what you can do, is simply not use any code to alter BRLYT text message lengths, and change the BRLYT text pane message's length to a high number (which you can choose from value 0 to 65535, depending how much text you actually need for just one BRLYT file). And if we need a tutorial for this cut-off text message flaw or "bug", just let me know, I can make one.

Unless there can be a code that updated the text length with how many letters and symbols are actually used for the .bmg's text strings without causing any side-effects or cause performance issues, otherwise, I'd like - no, I'd love to know how to get rid of this code from LE-CODE.

Quick edit: Don't see this as some sort of attack to the whole LE-CODE script. There are plenty of features I can use, I currently use LE-CODE for my local modpack and specific Extend BRLYT Text code is currently holding me back from giving proper explanation messages related to Drift Type, Mission Mode subjectives and Mission Mode tutorials. I'd like to fix my BRLYT text panes individually rather than globally (as a global edit like this code does, actually makes it pretty limited for fully customized menus like what I'm making).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Wingcapman () aus folgendem Grund: Added an extra reason.

Krummers schrieb:

I would rather see the code get fixed to support messages longer than 128 characters (like the drift tutorial BMG). 32 characters is way too less to support a string in the form of "Custom Track Version Authors, update by Editors", which is already 47 characters long in itself.

Extract from LE-CODE

Quellcode

1. extern unsigned IgnoreLimitByBRLYT;
      2. code_patcher(&IgnoreLimitByBRLYT,0,0x38000128);
      3. # code_patcher(address,offset,new_32bit_value)
      4. # this means: &IgnoreLimitByBRLYT + 0 = 0x38000128

Ported addresses for IgnoreLimitByBRLYT

Quellcode

1. #───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      2. # PAL USA JAP KOR where status
      3. #───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      4. 0x8007b37c 0x8007b2dc 0x8007b29c 0x8007b3dc T1 0: verified
      5. #───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Yeah, that patch is exactly the problem and I believe we (@Wiimm) talked about that in the past. We found the patch as a "Allow longer track names" patch somewhere on the internet, added it without checking too closely how it worked, and only later realized it limits all BMGs to that value; so we should definitely rewrite / replace that patch in the future.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Possible new feature: Ghost Saving

I honestly add ghost-saving would be universally loved and used by most creators. I remember an issue was understanding how to actually have it save to sd, but another code (SIP) added ghost saving and is open source. The code is written in C++ and not in ASM. I don't have much coding knowledge but a bit of basic C. It doesn't need staff ghosts, a database or a leaderboard. Just a way to save ghosts from cts and maybe share the rkgs.

github.com/MelgMKW/Skill-Issue-Pack

Optllizer schrieb:

Possible new feature: Ghost Saving

I honestly add ghost-saving would be universally loved and used by most creators. I remember an issue was understanding how to actually have it save to sd, but another code (SIP) added ghost saving and is open source. The code is written in C++ and not in ASM. I don't have much coding knowledge but a bit of basic C. It doesn't need staff ghosts, a database or a leaderboard. Just a way to save ghosts from cts and maybe share the rkgs.

github.com/MelgMKW/Skill-Issue-Pack
      I completely agree with you. As a CT distribution creator, I really want Ghost Saving to be a feature in LE-CODE. There are many tracks in my pack that I would have a lot of fun driving in Time Trials, but the lack of ghost saving pretty much ruins the experience for me. I strongly believe many more people would be open to trying LE-CODE distributions if this feature was added.