Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Okay, if your Wii hasn't been homebrewed in the past then Bootmii probably won't be helpful. Did you ever use the Wii Shop in the past, do you remember if it ever worked? The errors in the Wiimmfi logs for your console seem to indicate some kind of software or hardware defect, but that would usually result in a different error code in the Wii Shop Channel ... When you switch the DNS back to automatic (away from the Wiimmfi DNS) do you get the same error for the Shop?

• Interesting. I've only seen that error happen on a real Wii once, where the system files were completely fucked up ... - Can you access the Wii Shop Channel without problems? - Do you have Bootmii on your Wii / do you have a NAND backup? If so, can you send me the keys.bin file in a private message? - If you have Homebrew on your Wii, do you remember what tutorial you used? Maybe there's something weird that you installed ...

• Maybe the script uses some newer bash features that the Mac version doesn't have? What's the output of bash --version, and can you use a newer version of bash?

• Die Idee mit dem Downgrade auf 4.1 kommt daher, dass es bestimmte Bricks gibt, die sich (ohne Priiloader) nur beheben lassen, wenn man nicht auf der neuesten Firmware ist. 4.1 hat gegenüber 4.3 keine Nachteile, 4.2 und 4.3 waren alles nur Anti-Homebrew-Änderungen von Nintendo. Prinzipiell ist es heutzutage meiner Meinung nach relativ egal ob deine Wii auf 4.1 oder 4.3 ist, solange du den Priiloader installiert hast.

• About banning

Leseratte - - Wiimmfi (English)

According to the mod who banned you, you had another track edit in your MyStuff (on DK Summit) and played Worldwide races with that. Get rid of that track, then wait about 19 more hours for the ban to pass.

• I don't have a Mac so I certainly can't make a Mac tutorial. Basically you just have to set the script as executable (go into the correct folder using cd, then set executable with chmod +x patch-wiimmfi.sh, then run the script using ./patch-wiimmfi.sh.

• @Varon I believe that MrBean has already said almost everything there is to say about this topic, but just a quick addition: You did notice that a couple posts above yours a patch was posted for the RCE vulnerability? That fix is not identical to the one on Wiimmfi, but it'll have the same effect. @Gamebuster Yes, theoretically if an attacker were able to obtain that IP address, he'd be able to host malicious stuff on that server, which could then run malicious code on consoles when the License …

• It is highly unlikely that attackers will be able to "escape" the Dolphin Emulator and run malicious code on your computer with this exploit. That would require another bug in Dolphin (not in the game) that would allow you to break out of the emulated machine onto the host.

• @FancyDolphin Nope. A cheat code to brick your own Wii has existed publicly for quite some time. And now there also is public source code on how to abuse this exploit to run codes on another player's console (on servers other than Wiimmfi). It's not plug-and-play, but a malicious person / hacker or anyone who has ever made any kind of cheat code will probably be able to put 2 and 2 together and get a code to brick other players consoles; that's why I made that announcement - so people are aware …

• Yeah, that's why that risk is mentioned as well. But I'd imagine that getting people to enter a malicious DNS server would still get you less "victims" than going on an AltWFC clone and just leave your console running for a while. We are just announcing that there is this theoretical risk, so nobody can say afterwards "why has nobody warned me". Never underestimate the amount of time that cheaters or hackers put into inconveniencing other players...

• Important things first: If you are playing on Wiimmfi, either using automatic DNS, the Wiimmfi DNS (95.217.77.151), the RiiConnect24 DNS (164.132.44.106) or other trustworthy DNS servers like the ones from Google, this message does NOT apply to you. It only applies if you play on an AltWFC clone, or if you are using untrustworthy DNS servers or networks. TL;DR at the bottom. The Wii (and WiiU) is a relatively old console (14 years Wii, 8 years WiiU), and both of them haven't been receiving secu…

• Done.

• About banning

@Starface you apparently sent a cheated time to the competition rankings a while ago. I've reduced your ban from 4 weeks to 1 week which makes it expired now. Did you cheat in competitions or were you playing a broken Mission Mode pack? Also, it looks like you have two accounts since that friend code is linked to another user name ...

• In the server logs I am seeing exactly one (successful) login from that console, at 13:31 UTC. I'm not seeing any connection from a Dolphin instance with either that friend code or that mac address, or your IP address. Can you enable Dolphin logs and send me a logfile? Or make a network dump and send that to me?

• Hm, diesen Fehler sehe ich nicht zum ersten Mal, den hatten schon ein oder zwei andere. Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere fehlen da irgendwelche Datei(en) im Image. Hast du diese Anleitung befolgt: wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/LE-CODE/Distribution_Tutorial und insbesondere auch die ct_icons.tpl in die Channel, MenuMulti und MenuSingle eingebaut? und die ganzen anderen brlyt- und brctr-Dateien? EDIT: Hm, die müssten ja eigentlich vorhanden sein sonst würde ja schon das Strecken-Menü abschmieren ...

• Mit welchem Fehler denn, hast du mal ein Foto? Hast du die Strecken mit korrektem Dateinamen (%03x.szs, also dreistelliger hexadezimaler Slot) im Image / Riivolution-Ordner?

• About banning

@Starface please tell us a friend code so we can check why you have been banned. @WarmUpBudy it doesn't matter who reported your bot. Using bots in worldwide matches is generally not a good idea, isn't allowed on Wiimmfi for any other game and thus also isn't allowed for this game, at least generally. When people want to play against a bot, they can play offline mode, no? Why is there a need to do that in online mode? As far as I know, Metroid Prime Hunters supports friend matches, is that corre…

• About banning

@WarmUpBudy It doesn't matter who reports that. Using bots in worldwide matches is not allowed on Wiimmfi, neither in Metroid Prime Hunters nor in any other game. If you would like to use bots, go to a friend room. Players in worldwide matches don't usually want to play against bots, they want to play against real players. And when there's a bot in a worldwide match, there is no way for them to avoid that. What made you think that using bots in worldwide matches was allowed?

• Wiimmfi works on Dolphin. You just need to use the most recent version of Dolphin, and import your NAND backup.

• No, "Save game to SD card" is a different setting and has nothing to do with that. In that case, this looks like it might be a bug in CTGP. If that is the case then you would need to contact MrBean, maybe he has another idea. Does the error also happen when you start CTGP from the Homebrew Channel?