Multi Game Support

@Leseratte or @Wiimm - any info on the Pokémon Gen 5 Random Matchup fix? I know the query is weird and causes issues currently, but this could be fixed for that feature to work right?

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Billy549 schrieb:

@Leseratte or @Wiimm - any info on the Pokémon Gen 5 Random Matchup fix? I know the query is weird and causes issues currently, but this could be fixed for that feature to work right?
    I think that a lot of people is wanting this fix and in my opinion random matchup is one of the most important features of a game that is played a lot daily. So when you can please fix it.
    I can try and investigate this later; I have a feeling it might be using custom servers, in which case there is unfortunately low incentive to fix it.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Billy549 schrieb:

I can try and investigate this later; I have a feeling it might be using custom servers, in which case there is unfortunately low incentive to fix it.
    The game does indeed use custom servers. I am a professional programmer and I've done some DS hacking in the past so I can try to do some of the work requried. I've just never touched DS multiplayer functionality so I don't really know where to begin. Would it help if I started looking at what packets the game is sending? I can make a thread for this.
    It very likely would help - I've not really done DS RE either, so I wouldn't be super helpful here, but if you packet capture your 3DS you might be able to get further. depending on the functionality in-game it might be remarkably simple or extremely complex :P

With the very minimal attempt I've put in, I've determined it's trying to communicate via TCP port 8888 to host nplus.prod.silverbirchstudios.com - you would realistically need to reverse engineer the game to figure out what this communication looks like.

I heard about N+'s DS servers been gone since Silverbirch shut it down before 2010. I think you'd have to reroute the packets to a Wiimmfi server for it to work. Sadly, I don't know much else about how N+ stuff would work, or if this little tidbit is of any help, but I wish you good luck with the task regardless.
    I just hope that the random online Matchmaking in Mario Sports Mix will be fixed soon, or sometime in the future. Please do fix it sometime in the future.

Bomberman Battle Pack compatibility

According to the Bomberman Wiki, the online multiplayer modes of Bomberman 2, Bomberman Blitz and Bomberman Land Touch 2 are compatible with each other, and Bomberman Land Touch 1 is compatible with Bomberman Story.
    bomberman.fandom.com/wiki/Bomberman_Battle_Pack
    This doesn't seem to be implemented on Wiimmfi, though. They're listed as separate games, except for Bomberman Story which isn't listed at all.

zurgeg schrieb:

Hey! Just managed to get loaded into Battle Competition. Trying to run some tests but SAKE is stumping me. Do you think SAKE could be enabled for Pokemon BW? I know this isn't technically about a game being fully unsupported but I figure this is the best place to ask.
    SAKE always is a little hard to setup, if you can make a packet capture of your DS trying to communicate with SAKE (or @Leseratte can enable/view logs for the game) the appropriate tables might be able to be set up, but Wiimm typically handles that :P

Objects of Inazuma Eleven 2 obtainable by download.

I've just noticed that when you do the download in Inazuma Eleven 2 to get additional content, a procedure that is pretty much the same as secret gift in 4/5 gen Pokemon games, 1 item is missing which is the "Future kit", the kit that Canon / Syon wears.
    All the other items are fine, this is the only one missing.

I’ve had this error happen consistently in Mario Kart Wii when trying to go online, with no clear explanation as to why.

It began after I decided to check my region settings in the in-game Mario Kart Wii channel. Since I’m using the DNS exploit, it can’t connect online to change it, so it automatically assumed it was blank and I think that might have really messed it up.

I used to be able to play online with no issue before, but now it’s literally impossible. Trying to connect to Wiimmfi, both when trying to play online and for checking the friend list, will automatically crash the game and cause this screen to show up (although I do hear the jingle it makes after connecting and briefly see the options for online play before it fades to black).

The only place it still works is in the standalone Mario Kart channel on the Wii home menu, and I can’t use online features at all in the game :(

I’ve tried a number of things in an attempt to fix it, such as:

• Resetting my router with the console turned off, and turning it on again afterwards.
    • Changing the DNS back to Auto-Obtain and fixing my region, and then changing it back afterwards.
    • Going back to the custom DNS and removing the extra 0’s the Wii automatically inserts behind 2-digit numbers, just in case that was the problem.
    None of these methods have worked or changed anything. I’m still unable to access stuff online and the game will still crash the exact same way as before.

If anybody here has ever had this issue or has any idea how to fix it, I’d be super grateful <3

(I also posted about this on Reddit and went into further detail, but I’m new so I don’t know if we’re allowed to link that ><)
    Is this on a Wii or on a WiiU? I remember a long time ago there were reports that changing the Wii region in-game on a WiiU will really fuck things up. Unfortunately I don't remember A) if Nintendo ever fixed that bug and B) how it can be fixed manually.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
    Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Is this on a Wii or on a WiiU? I remember a long time ago there were reports that changing the Wii region in-game on a WiiU will really fuck things up. Unfortunately I don't remember A) if Nintendo ever fixed that bug and B) how it can be fixed manually.
    This is on an unmodded (aside from the extra code downloaded by the Wiimmfi DNS exploit) OG Model PAL Wii, so unfortunately likely not the same as the Wii U bug, although perhaps it’s something similar.

Flavio1 schrieb:

I've just noticed that when you do the download in Inazuma Eleven 2 to get additional content, a procedure that is pretty much the same as secret gift in 4/5 gen Pokemon games, 1 item is missing which is the "Future kit", the kit that Canon / Syon wears.
    That should be your department @Billy549

EigenschaftWert
    Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
    System-Software:3.63
    Modell:PlayStation TV
    System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
    Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
    Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
    Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
    System-Software:4.06
    Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
    Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
    Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
    Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
    System-Software:10.1.0-27E
    Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
    Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
    Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
    Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
    Revision:DOL-001
    Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
    Spiele:12
    Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
    Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
    Systemmenü:4.1E
    Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
    BootMii:IOS
    Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
    HBC:1.1.2
    cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
    USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

StarWolf3000 schrieb:

Flavio1 schrieb:

It is, but unfortunately I don't think I have the file - if someone appropriately reverses the game and informs me what I need to add to the DAT file I am more than happy to ^^

Quellcode

1. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ ls
    2. iz2wifi_100923.dat _list.txt
    3. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ cat _list.txt
    4. iz2wifi_100923.dat9
    5. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ xxd iz2wifi_100923.dat
    6. 0000000: 7a03 0901 cb34 864c 35 z....4.L5

Billy549 schrieb:

StarWolf3000 schrieb:

Flavio1 schrieb:

It is, but unfortunately I don't think I have the file - if someone appropriately reverses the game and informs me what I need to add to the DAT file I am more than happy to ^^

Quellcode

1. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ ls
    2. iz2wifi_100923.dat _list.txt
    3. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ cat _list.txt
    4. iz2wifi_100923.dat9
    5. services@wiimmfi-services:~/dls1/dlc/BEEJ$ xxd iz2wifi_100923.dat
    6. 0000000: 7a03 0901 cb34 864c 35 z....4.L5
    I will try to do that, but I think I need to know how does the list in the source code look like.
    I belive that BEEJ and BEEP have the same files and works with the same code, correct me if I'm mistaken.