Pinned About banning

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey. I'm having a problem where I can connect to Wiimmfi on Dolphin (with my Wii's NAND) just fine. (created a new fresh license) However, on my Wii itself, I'm getting error 23915. To me this is very strange since usually this happens to Dolphin users trying to mess around with fake NANDs and go online. Not sure if this is an intended or unintended effect of this happening. Can someone please explain to me if they know what's going on or how it happened? Thanks, and if it's banned for a reason.
      @xMeap826 Wait, there are Ultras on Toads Factory and Luigi Circuit? Are you sure they aren't using some track edits or CTs?
      Wii v4.3, Mario Kart Wii, CTGP-R v1.03, 1 (für MKW), 4 , 4 , 2 , 4 WiiMotionsPlus, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Party

Mario Kart Wii: 2540-0416-9088

Bitte PN oder E-Mail (wiihomebrew.2x2master@outlook.com) senden.

Mein Spotifyund meine Favoritenliste
      Ich höre vorwiegend EDM/House.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag gefällt, würde ich mich über einen Daumen hoch freuen! Danke :thumbup:

SP-KINGU wrote:

As you know, Japanese bad player GGさとうキモティ~ has banned permanently. However, he changed his FC and behaving bad ways.

Name:GGさとうキモティ~
      FC:2110-5448-4961

dropbox.com/s/pqsz75o6i5hdv7r/GG.png?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/n48yvbmed2sc6r8/GGFC.png?dl=0
      Next Saturday, GGさとう will appear and jam!
      Detail: 11/14 21:10- Japanese Standard Time

So, please ban him permanently again and again.
      Hello,

I've been kicked just now for the reason "Laggy texture hack"

I think it's a mistake, as I play in Dolphin I do not have any lag with textures (and even if it was the case, I use a recent version of Dolphin, so the lag will always dis-advantage me cause' the timer will not be desynchronized). Can this sanction get revoked please ?

I do not see any lag visually but If necessary I can overclock my Dolphin a little.

I also do not understand why "Second offence". I was never sanctionnated for this in the past =X.

best regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by Starlight ().

SwampyGator wrote:

If I recall correctly, it's an automatic thing that happens if the SHA1 hash of the track matches any blacklisted (which includes that one).
      "Moderator kick or ban" --> Looks like a manual one

Edit : I just finished a race online with the "illegal" textured track (and double-checked my FPS, it was steady to 60 all along, no lag at all) without being kicked. So it's definitely a manual kick ;)

The post was edited 5 times, last by Starlight ().

Correct, there is no auto ban for forbidden texture hacks, that's done manually by moderators. But it's possible that a mod saw you using a Texture Hack that's known to be laggy and banned you just because of that. The thing with Dolphin (and so far I've been unable to fix that) is that while Dolphin and the game detect the slowdown and speed up the race timer if you drop below 60fps so you don't have a disadvantage, the game is still using the delayed timer value in its communication with the other players and the server. This has no ill effects on gameplay (that's one of the reasons why I never fixed that), but it does mean that Wiimmfi will think you're lagging.

Maybe we should make that clearer in the moderator view that if a Dolphin client displays lag that that's not a problem unless it gets ridiculously large.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte wrote:

Correct, there is no auto ban for forbidden texture hacks, that's done manually by moderators. But it's possible that a mod saw you using a Texture Hack that's known to be laggy and banned you just because of that. The thing with Dolphin (and so far I've been unable to fix that) is that while Dolphin and the game detect the slowdown and speed up the race timer if you drop below 60fps so you don't have a disadvantage, the game is still using the delayed timer value in its communication with the other players and the server. This has no ill effects on gameplay (that's one of the reasons why I never fixed that), but it does mean that Wiimmfi will think you're lagging.

Maybe we should make that clearer in the moderator view that if a Dolphin client displays lag that that's not a problem unless it gets ridiculously large.
      Thanks for your answer =)

Seems like the mod kicked me before even checking my timers. I was kicked at the beginning of the race, and I do not remember any massive frame drop/lag at this time so the timer couldn't be ridiculously delayed...

Also the commentary "Second offence" on the ban list is also a mistake, I was never sanctionnated for this reason.
      A ban was placed on my profile, 2497-0919-9258, due to an illegal track edit I don't believe I possess.

https://i.imgur.com/07fXlTu.png

The ban has presently expired, but I'm concerned that I or someone else might be banned again due to a texture that the wiki doesn't say anything about.

rainbow_course.szs was replaced with this - http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Sky_Paradise_(Rainbow_Road_Texture)

Demonstration that track wasn't edited: (sound was mistakenly not recorded)

If any extra information is needed, please add me on discord: moth#6837
      Found this troll targeting Karhuma throughout the race. I clipped the best part where he slowed down to hit him 3 times. Usually I wouldn't report but targeting my fav streamer ain't cool.
      Name: Youresobad
      FC: 0733-6747-6612
      Room: EC70
      Match: SX021
      Time: 2020-11-09 20:23 CET
      I do not know why the link is not working but I do have the clip.

EDIT: BANNED

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sitira ().

Sitira wrote:

I do not know why the link is not working but I do have the clip.
      I have fixed the embed code for Twitch Clips, so it works now.

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
      System-Software:3.63
      Modell:PlayStation TV
      System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
      Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
      Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
      System-Software:4.06
      Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
      Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
      System-Software:10.1.0-27E
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
      Revision:DOL-001
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
      Spiele:12
      Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
      Systemmenü:4.1E
      Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
      BootMii:IOS
      Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
      HBC:1.1.2
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

SP-KINGU wrote:

SP-KINGU wrote:

As you know, Japanese bad player GGさとうキモティ~ has banned permanently. However, he changed his FC and behaving bad ways.

Name:GGさとうキモティ~
      FC:2110-5448-4961

dropbox.com/s/pqsz75o6i5hdv7r/GG.png?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/n48yvbmed2sc6r8/GGFC.png?dl=0
      Next Saturday, GGさとう will appear and jam! Detail: 11/14 21:10- Japanese Standard Time

So, please ban him permanently again and again.
      13 hours later, he will appear :help:
      Okay hold up, why the fuck do I get banned for messing around on a froom? IT'S A FUN ROOM. They could have easily blacklisted me or something but I wasn't even doing anything but bike dancing with mega mushrooms. My friend was also over and now shit is ruined. So disappointing to see wiimmfi be so damn strict. Not cool. ^ Also why perma? Item Cheats and Trolling are not the same
      Host specifically disallowed item cheats in that room. In that regard, it's no different from hacking a public room. You have many prior bans on your account to do with trolling, as well as a bunch of bans related to trying to use 200cc tracks in Worldwide. You were on your last chance, the moderators and community were already very annoyed at you, and this was the final straw.

Remember, this is an online game and your opponents are real people. If you're doing shit to disrupt their fun, of course we're gonna ban you. That's not strictness, that's common sense. Keep in mind that for this ban and all prior bans to occur in the first place, you had to have been reported; someone wasn't happy with you in all those instances. Maybe you should've taken the hint.

New

So on mario kart wii made an innapropriate name and I got banned. This is my first offense and im very sorry Please unban me. The offending name was "F**K OFF!" and then I changed it to X[TYLER]X then I changed it to "plz unban?" Id really like to play Mario kart wii online again, please forgive me?