Error 238xx : Consoles are activated 7 days after registration (for MKWii profiles only)

That might actually be a better idea since it then only needs to communicate locally, no Internet connection needed.

Though, you obviously wouldn't be able to play with anyone who wasn't there locally ;P

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

immi14778 schrieb:

I was hoping to actually talk to someone in the position to speed up the process
      As previously stated, you'd need to contact an admin, or otherwise just use local mode.

Silverwolf9k schrieb:

Hey I'm new and just started modding and using a wii again, I patched mkw so that it would work with wiimmfi, it said something about waiting 7 days, is this an old auto message, or will i really be able to play online after 7 days? Is there a way to speed it up?
      You will only be able to play MKW after 7 days; you can play other games before though!

Dalmatian1001 schrieb:

oooh look 7 days I guess its not that long just been 7 days to wait 7 days please activate me this is gonna go on forever if you don't
      I'm... confused? If you've got 23899, implying you've started the 7 days, you just have to wait 7 days and you'll be automatically activated? Just make sure you connect shortly after 7 days :P

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      If you are using Dolphin and wipe your computer without backing up the Dolphin config folder, your Dolphin is seen as a new console, yes. Changing your router doesn't have any influence on that.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Hey so um. I already set it up and waited for the seven days. And I left the wii alone for like a month cause I don't have a lot of free time. I thought I could start up wiimmfi again and already be logged in or something, but when I came back it was the same message, same error code, same 7 days. I even tried to make a new internet connection (setting 2, instead of 1) on the console, without making an account. Is something wrong?
      I don't know how long the period is, but if you leave the Wii alone after the 7-day wait and don't "finalize" the account creation by going online once, the timer can get reset.

Update after almost 5 years of the 7-day wait period:

Over the last couple months Wiimm and me worked on improving the ban system to detect people who are trying to get around bans, and so far this seems to be working. Due to Corona, lots of new people are trying to use Wiimmfi who never used it before, and are running into the 7-day wait. To make it easier for new people to use Wiimmfi, we have decided to remove the 7-day wait under certain conditions:
      • You are using a real Wii or WiiU. Dolphin users will still have the 7-day waiting period
      • Your console has never been banned in the past.
      • You are not using any kind of identity spoofer that modifies any of the data the game sends to Wiimmfi during the login
      These criterias should be true for nearly every new player on Wiimmfi, and we hope that this helps to get more people on Wiimmfi, especially those who are currently in quarantine due to Corona.
      We're hoping that our new ban system will be able to keep people out who are just trying to circumvent bans, but if that doesn't work and people find a way to stockpile different NANDs / identities again, we might need to bring the 7-day ban back in the future. Also, all the limits for how many new consoles or profiles you can create in a certain time are still enabled.

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to play wiimmfi on dolphin? because my wii broke so i use dolphin emu now but ive read that you need a nand.bin file? i am unable to retrive that file because of the state of my wii (my brother sold it without my permission and my sd card is still in there :/) so if there is a way without a nand.bin file please let me know
      There is a way to play Wiimmfi on Dolphin, but you do need a NAND from a real console, either a Wii or a WiiU. If you do not have a real console, you cannot play Mario Kart Wii on Wiimmfi using Dolphin. There were simply too many cheaters usng fake, generated identifiers to get around bans, which is why we had to require real Wii data.

If you already played online in your vWii and have imported the NAND correctly and also added your WiiU's MAC address to the Dolphin config, that is not supposed to happen, but there currently is a bug in Dolphin that makes this happen from time to time, that is currently in the process of getting fixed.

It looks like you tried to connect with Dolphin first, then with your WiiU. You can only use one new console per day. Try again in 24h with the vWii and the error should be gone.

Hello, Mario Kart Wii on Wiimmfi servers works perfectly on my Wii U. I have the nand of my vWii on Dolphin, I put the mac address of my Wii U in the Dolphin.ini file in (Dolphin Emulator / Config / Dolphin.ini). And I have the error which asks me to wait 7 days. I should be waiting another 2 or 3 days because I tried to connect from Dolphin a few days ago, but it feels like it is the first time I have connected. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

WinnerNombre schrieb:

Hello, Mario Kart Wii on Wiimmfi servers works perfectly on my Wii U. I have the nand of my vWii on Dolphin, I put the mac address of my Wii U in the Dolphin.ini file in (Dolphin Emulator / Config / Dolphin.ini). And I have the error which asks me to wait 7 days. I should be waiting another 2 or 3 days because I tried to connect from Dolphin a few days ago, but it feels like it is the first time I have connected. Do you have any idea how to fix this?
      its because dolphin players cheat alot so they still make u wait for a week

Moder_14 schrieb:

I just got on MKW online for the first time in years and I keep getting Error code:23917 is this normal.
      I don't know if my friend code will help but it is:1122-6998-6896
      You have been banned for 24h because you were using custom tracks in a worldwide race. If you are using CTGP make sure you don't have random tracks in your MyStuff folder.

spongebobfan schrieb:

WinnerNombre schrieb:

its because dolphin players cheat alot so they still make u wait for a week
      Yeah, but that doesn't explain why the wait time was reset. Did you re-import your NAND, or change anything about your MAC address in the config when the 7-day ban began again?

Leseratte schrieb:

Update after almost 5 years of the 7-day wait period:

Over the last couple months Wiimm and me worked on improving the ban system to detect people who are trying to get around bans, and so far this seems to be working. Due to Corona, lots of new people are trying to use Wiimmfi who never used it before, and are running into the 7-day wait. To make it easier for new people to use Wiimmfi, we have decided to remove the 7-day wait under certain conditions:
      • You are using a real Wii or WiiU. Dolphin users will still have the 7-day waiting period
      • Your console has never been banned in the past.
      • You are not using any kind of identity spoofer that modifies any of the data the game sends to Wiimmfi during the login
      These criterias should be true for nearly every new player on Wiimmfi, and we hope that this helps to get more people on Wiimmfi, especially those who are currently in quarantine due to Corona.
      We're hoping that our new ban system will be able to keep people out who are just trying to circumvent bans, but if that doesn't work and people find a way to stockpile different NANDs / identities again, we might need to bring the 7-day ban back in the future. Also, all the limits for how many new consoles or profiles you can create in a certain time are still enabled.
      I have just patched the ISO and used USB Loader GX (as the disk drive is broken) on a real Wii and tried connecting to the servers on Mario Kart Wii but it came up with the 7 days activation. I have never used Wiimmfi before so don’t understand why I got the 7 day activation. Is it because I’m using USB Loader GX? Guess I’ll have to wait 7 days then.

Edit: just tried again 10 mins later and it’s worked. Don’t know why it didn’t let me on before.
      No, using an USB Loader shouldn't trigger that.
      Can you give me the console friend code from the Address Book in the Wii System Menu so I can check the logs?