Custom Music on Mario Kart Wii ISO (without riivolution) - help

Custom Music on Mario Kart Wii ISO (without riivolution) - help

Okay, so I finally decided that I was tired of the in-game music for MKW and wanted to substitute my own soundtracks in their place. So I play MKW online through a patched ISO for Wiimmfi, which is loaded via USB loader for me, as well as my SD card. So far, I've downloaded all the soundtracks I wanted to use and converted them to BRSTM format using BCSM-GUI, and renamed them to the appropriate file names found here. I also used BRSARrstmsizepatcher (v0.3a) for patching. In fact, I've followed all the instructions in this video up through the 3:04 mark:

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

Only thing is, I don't have the "MKWII" folder that the uploader copies the files to afterwards (although I did create a "My Stuff" folder in my ctgpr folder on my SD card, if that helps anything). So where do I copy the new BRSTM files to? I've also downloaded Wii Scrubber, but I'm unsure what to do with it. I'm also trying to follow these instructions so that my soundtracks do not cut off. What steps should I take next?

Edit: Ok the forum decided to break my links....
      "here" = mariokartwii.com/threads/69522-All-MKWii-File-Names-List
      "these instructions" = wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Custom_Music#The_BRSAR

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte () aus folgendem Grund: Fixed the links.

Ok well with the help of the video below, I was able to make significant progress:

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

However, I used BRSAR/RSTM size patcher v1.0 to patch new file sizes rather than cut the file sizes down (which would mean very, very short soundtracks). Now all that's left for me to do is replace the brstm files in the ISO with Wii Scrubber, which I know how to do now, but when I replace them and test the game out, it seems to have no effect. I'm guessing this is because the ISO I'm saving the changes to (1st pic) needs to be copied (or whatever) to the wbfs file (2nd pic)?

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.
      If using CTGP: place the files as is in My Stuff, ensure they're named correctly, and it'll work.
      If you want to permanently patch the ISO itself, download wit from wit.wiimm.de/download.html, install, then type in cmd 'wit extract RMCx01.wbfs RMCx01 -vv' where x is region (E for NTSC-U, P for PAL, J for NTSC-J, K for NTSC-K). Then, go to the sound folder (either in DATA/files/ or files/), replace the files, then 'wit copy ./RMCx01/ RMCx02.wbfs -vv' (or move the first RMCx01.wbfs and change the 2 to 1 - if you dont, remember to rename back!), then place on your USB, and remove the RMCx01 folder.

EDIT: Wii Scrubber is too outdated, use WIT - it's better at handling files, and made by Wiimm :P
      Fun fact: The Wiimmfi patchers use WIT (Even mine) along with Wiimm's SZS Tools (if MKW/ACCF)

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

PokemonAcer schrieb:

If using CTGP: place the files as is in My Stuff, ensure they're named correctly, and it'll work.
      If you want to permanently patch the ISO itself, download wit from wit.wiimm.de/download.html, install, then type in cmd 'wit extract RMCx01.wbfs RMCx01 -vv' where x is region (E for NTSC-U, P for PAL, J for NTSC-J, K for NTSC-K). Then, go to the sound folder (either in DATA/files/ or files/), replace the files, then 'wit copy ./RMCx01/ RMCx02.wbfs -vv' (or move the first RMCx01.wbfs and change the 2 to 1 - if you dont, remember to rename back!), then place on your USB, and remove the RMCx01 folder.

EDIT: Wii Scrubber is too outdated, use WIT - it's better at handling files, and made by Wiimm :P
      Fun fact: The Wiimmfi patchers use WIT (Even mine) along with Wiimm's SZS Tools (if MKW/ACCF)
      I downloaded and installed WIT as you said. I typed what you wrote in the command prompt afterward - not recognized.

Also I converted my ISO (with the custom soundtracks on it) to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager, put it on the USB and put that into the Wii, ran it - most cut out to silence on the 2nd lap or one minute into the song (whichever comes first), and others don't play at all (original OST plays instead). This happens despite me patching the file sizes beforehand. Plus, my Wiimmfi patch is gone completely. Fortunately, I did not delete my original Mario Kart Wii ISO/WBSF files, I only moved them from the USB to my hard drive, so I still have them just in case something like this happened.

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Reg1992 ()

Reg1992 schrieb:

PokemonAcer schrieb:

I downloaded and installed WIT as you said. I typed what you wrote in the command prompt afterward - not recognized.
      Also I converted my ISO (with the custom soundtracks on it) to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager, put it on the USB and put that into the Wii, ran it - most cut out to silence on the 2nd lap or one minute into the song (whichever comes first), and others don't play at all (original OST plays instead). This happens despite me patching the file sizes beforehand. Plus, my Wiimmfi patch is gone completely. Fortunately, I did not delete my original Mario Kart Wii ISO/WBSF files, I only moved them from the USB to my hard drive, so I still have them just in case something like this happened.
      You have to reboot so the PATH updates.
      You need to obviously use a Wiimmfi patched WBFS - if the patch isnt there afterwards then you've done something wrong (try adding --wiimmfi on the extract and copy commands). You didnt place the files in the right place if you get issues, obviously.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

PokemonAcer schrieb:

Reg1992 schrieb:

PokemonAcer schrieb:

I downloaded and installed WIT as you said. I typed what you wrote in the command prompt afterward - not recognized.Also I converted my ISO (with the custom soundtracks on it) to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager, put it on the USB and put that into the Wii, ran it - most cut out to silence on the 2nd lap or one minute into the song (whichever comes first), and others don't play at all (original OST plays instead). This happens despite me patching the file sizes beforehand. Plus, my Wiimmfi patch is gone completely. Fortunately, I did not delete my original Mario Kart Wii ISO/WBSF files, I only moved them from the USB to my hard drive, so I still have them just in case something like this happened.
      You have to reboot so the PATH updates.You need to obviously use a Wiimmfi patched WBFS - if the patch isnt there afterwards then you've done something wrong (try adding --wiimmfi on the extract and copy commands). You didnt place the files in the right place if you get issues, obviously.
      Ah that makes sense. I'll reboot in just a minute and let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to have to take the original WBFS file (that has the Wiimmfi patch on it), convert that to ISO with Wii Backup Manager, replace the soundtracks, then convert it back to WBFS and run it.

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.
      Okay, I successfully extracted the .wbfs using WIT. I see all the original .brstm files in the sound folder. So I'm going to replace all the desired soundtracks with my own, but I have a couple of questions:

I just finished replacing the .brstms, what exactly do I do next? I mean, how do I patch these changes onto the .wbfs so I can play with these new changes?

KantoEpic schrieb:

He's a douchebag.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Reg1992 ()

@PokemonAcer Maybe, next time, you could say RMCX (X being the region id), because obviously it is different for people in different regions of the world. It's almost like complaining about color and colour.
      Friend Codes(Be sure to tell me that you've added me so I can add you back):
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wii Games:
      Mario Kart Wii: 2366-7332-2898
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5243-2582-8369
      Fortune Street: 4772-0893-9264
      Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's go to the City: 4988-1638-6337 (Name: NFan Town:NinLand)

*insert signature here*
      *cringe*