Questions on updating, homebrew, emulators and problems - new to forum

• Offen

Questions on updating, homebrew, emulators and problems - new to forum

Hey guys!

First of all, I'm near here and I appreciate you having patience with me. This may be a long post and I apologize for that.

I had my Wii softmodded several years ago but packed it up and haven't touched it in probably 2 years or better. I have several Wii game backups on an external hard drive. I have a 4GB SD Card in the Wii and the guy who did it for me said that is needed for the soft mod so can't replace it. I'm not sure if that is accurate information. Below is a list of questions or problems as well as information on my system.

Wii Serial No: KU60168624
      Wii Model No: RVL-101(USA)
      Wii Firmware 4.3U

1) I have been trying to do a Wii update and it fails. After thinking about that, I'm wondering if that would be bad. With a softmod, are we able to update the Wii itself?

2) I put the Homebrew app on a jump drive (USB 32GB stick) and then followed directions to put a couple of emulators as well as a few games to test them out. I go into Homebrew on the Wii and we could not find the emulators. Then I went into the Homebrew channel. It let me click on "Demo", "Games", etc but would not let me click on "Emulators". In addition, none of the images came up. I kept thinking that it looked like it wasn't connecting to the internet, but in the Wii menu when testing it, the internet connection tested to be just fine. So, with this info, is there an issue and if not, what am I doing wrong to install my N64 and other emulators?

3) I followed the directions to put the N64 Emulator on the SD card with a couple games to test it out and it worked fine. Am I able to upgrade my sd card without messing up my soft mod? If so, what is the largest sd card? I'd like to use a 128GB.

4) Is there updates for the homebrew software or the menu where I play my backups and stuff?

These are the only questions I have so far. I understand you may need more info. Thanks for any help guys! I'm not real good at this kind of stuff. That's why I had to hire someone to mod my Wii LOL.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von iamchrisstone ()

iamchrisstone schrieb:

so this post is showing most of my post with a line through it. any thoughts on why?
      Because you added [S] to your text, which means "strike-through text".

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
      System-Software:3.63
      Modell:PlayStation TV
      System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
      Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
      Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
      System-Software:4.06
      Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
      Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
      System-Software:10.1.0-27E
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
      Revision:DOL-001
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
      Spiele:12
      Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
      Systemmenü:4.1E
      Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
      BootMii:IOS
      Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
      HBC:1.1.2
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

1. That doesn't matter, 4.3 is the most recent firmware and Nintendo stopped making updates years ago.
      2. Did you press 1 to change the device from SD to USB in the Homebrew Channel?
      3. Usually you can just copy the contents to a larger SD card, but some apps may have problems with SDHC cards. Just test it.
      4. That depends on what software you are using. Basically you can just google the name of the software, download it, and replace the old version on the SD card with the new one.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

1. That doesn't matter, 4.3 is the most recent firmware and Nintendo stopped making updates years ago.
      2. Did you press 1 to change the device from SD to USB in the Homebrew Channel?
      3. Usually you can just copy the contents to a larger SD card, but some apps may have problems with SDHC cards. Just test it.
      4. That depends on what software you are using. Basically you can just google the name of the software, download it, and replace the old version on the SD card with the new one.
      Thank you!!!! I'm connected to the internet and it tests fine, but it's not downloading any updates, or themes or anything. Can you think of what may cause that? It's really weird.
      For Windows: notepad++ is a good text editor

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.

iamchrisstone schrieb:

Leseratte schrieb:

What is "it"? Whats the name of the software?
      i tested the internet in the wii settings. i cannot download the wii update, the homebrew themes, images under the homebrew channel under games, etc and i cant even get the emulators to load.
      Strange, rather. I assume the person who has modified had put an update blocker in the system. 'Updating' your Wii should work just fine and removes your modifications which can be reproduced again after.
      You're being rather vague about the situation here. I know you mention games and themes, but they must be associated with an application within the Homebrew Channel itself.
      Can you maybe list the contents of the SD card of your Wii, more specifically the 'apps' folder?
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.