Animal Crossing Wild World & Wiimmfi

Animal Crossing Wild World & Wiimmfi

I have noticed that there are individuals who appear to be playing Animal Crossing WW online through the Wiimmfi site. I have tried to find the proper rom version, as I have a physical copy that I bought about 2 years ago from gamestop. However, I have found that the game boots fine and plays fine, except for when I try to open the Nintendo WFC connection settings, this occurs before I install the NoSSL patch, and after I install it, showing a black screen (appearing to be frozen). I am confused as to whether or not I am using the proper version of Animal Crossing, and would appreciate any guidance.

Games whose wi-fi functions work:
      - GTA Chinatown Wars
      - Mario Kart DS
      - Pokemon Black/White

Specs:
      - Dsi from 2010 (Orange Mario Party Edition)
      -R4i SDHC Gold Pro using a special version of Wood
      If you've already setup WFC connection using Mario Kart DS or another game, it should work fine - if there's connection issues, then you should ask again and we can try and help c:

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Have you had any luck buddy? I was newly able to get my game dumped and patched and I managed to receive a friend code in my new town :) I'm hoping to find at least one other person who is able to get online since I would love to have a friend available to exchange Katie/Kaitlyn with and achieve Nookingtons for us both, at least!