AC:CF Old save with Nintendo WFC FC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

AC:CF Old save with Nintendo WFC FC

So I was looking through some of the posts around the time that the WiiPID Extractor was discontinued (here) and I noticed that Wiimm said:

wiimm wrote:

The about 3 millions from Nintendo servers retrieved profiles are still active. Also all profile ids in the Nintendo range imported by the Wiipid extractor.
      Does this mean that I can potentially import an old Nintendo WFC FC into wiimmfi? Basically I've been playing AC:CF again (and my save file is new) but this sparked the interest of an older person I know that plays AC and she's wanting to get online with her original save file from AC (which is around 6 years old). There's no way I'm going to convince her to restart because she'll lose all her donated items, gyroids etc and she's older and stubborn. Is there any way to import this old friend code? It's definitely an original FC and seeing as Wiimm said that profile ids in the Nintendo range weren't flagged for deletion when support for WiiPID Extractor was dropped I'm hoping that this will be possible.

I'd even be entirely okay with just clearing her current FC and then having a new one reissued, but I can't find any coherent information on the proper way to do this or I'd make the attempt. All I can find is an incomplete thread (here) of someone messing with the Hex of a save file, but there's never a confirmation of what worked and it seemed like he was just running into corruption issues while editing that save.

Thanks for any input everyone, I'm hoping to hear some good news...
      Importing any more old Nintendo friend codes is no longer possible. What Wiimm meant with "profile ids in the Nintneo range aren't flagged with deletion" and the sentence you quoted was that any Nintendo friend codes which have been imported in the past will continue to work, but no new ones can be imported. This had to be done because people were hacking their savegames or using other custom servers to generate fake "cool" looking friend codes and trying to import them to Wiimmfi, causing duplicate friend codes.

Have you confirmed your friend's friend code doesn't work on Wiimmfi (i. e., she gets error 60000 on login)?

If she indeed gets error 60000, I would just make a backup of the savegame and try the patch from the link you posted. Post #3 sounds like a confirmation that the patch from #2 works. As long as you have a backup of the save game saved somewhere which you can always restore if the save gets corrupted, there is no harm in trying.

DevkitPro-Archiv (alte Versionen): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/

PGP key: F19A 5DCB 1186 79C2 0ABB 19F4 E431 5998 4795 401E

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I just have no idea what they're doing. They're modifying the Hex values within the rvforest.dat file and I've never messed with editing a Hex file so I'm at a complete loss... Is there any way we can forward the FC just so it can be verified not to be anything fishy (like a cool number or something)? I get trying to rule out abuse, but this is just an old file.

I had heard a few people talking about a potential FC removal tool for AC:CF but I never saw any progress posted on it or any real initiative towards it so I don't know if that's been entirely abandoned. That was my backup hope if importing the current FC is not possible...

This isn't for Mario Kart or anything, so there's really no abuse/cheating possible. It's just to be able to reuse the online functionality of the game...
      I doubt Wiimm would be OK with me manually inserting friend code data into the database. But you can send me the rvforest.dat file of your friend in a private message and I'll try removing the friend code for you.

DevkitPro-Archiv (alte Versionen): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/

PGP key: F19A 5DCB 1186 79C2 0ABB 19F4 E431 5998 4795 401E

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

At my long to-do list there is a point: Allow the old SET-FC method for games other than MKW, but only a limited Profile range.

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      @AgentJeffy
      Please try to connect again!
      And then tell here!

I have re-installed the old interface, but only activated for me. After failed login, the should be an entry at wiimmfi.de/status. With this status I have a test object.

EDIT:
      Forgotten to say: I need the old friend code (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.