Wiimmfi issues regarding the friend list

Wiimmfi issues regarding the friend list

During my years of using Wiimmfi I noticed several issues that have to with friend lists.
      The recent release of NDS Constraint and RC24 providing a way to use it with Wiimmfi made me want to address the issue in Mario Kart DS since more and more people are running into it. As this is a good opportunity to also address the other issues, I've decided to create a thread about this. That way it's also less likely to be forgotten about, since that seemed to have happened in the past.

These issues aren't critical but it would be nice to see at least the Mario Kart DS one fixed in the future.

Mario Kart DS:
      The game freezes when connecting if someone who never was on Wiimmfi is in your friend list. Every time you play against other players locally, the game registers all opponents in the friend list making it easy to run into this issue. The freeze doesn't happen on Altwfc and others.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem:
      When registering someone's friend code and connecting to Wiimmfi, the friendship will immediately be considered established without the friend having to register your friend code. Once we get the game to work correctly everyone will be able to browse people's privately uploaded levels simply by looking up their FC on the portal and adding it. This is not a big issue but it defeats the whole purpose of this feature.

Mario Kart Wii:
      I have no idea why, but on one of my licences I'm always shown as offline to others. It seems to work temporarily if someone who never added me before adds me while I am online, but if I reconnect it stops working. The affected licence's FC is 5114-8339-5813.

Also, similar to the Mario vs Donkey Kong issue above, I noticed when you added someone on Nintendo WFC it didn't show their Mii until they registered you too. On Wiimmfi it always shows the user's Mii as if the friendship was established. Is this the desired behaviour on Wiimmfi?
      For MKDS, that might be because the GPSP doesn't know the requested friend, or the game doesn't like the profileinfo-reply from GPCM (with the empty data cause Wiimmfi doesn't know the profile). Might be fixable by just returning dummy data in that case, if a profile has never been on Wiimmfi there's no harm done in returning false info about it to the game.

For Mario vs DK, that is probably caused by the same "thing" (don't know if I should call it a bug or a feature) as the MKWii Mii display thing. We never bothered implementing a "lockdown" for the actual friendship data in the GPCM when the other player didn't register you yet, because for Mario Kart Wii, it had no effect on gameplay other than the Mii showing up, and we found it a good thing to display the Mii of the person you were trying to register, not just a question mark. If that now causes problems in other games, like privately uploaded data being available to everyone, we might be able to implement a workaround for that.

For your stuck MKWii profile, @Wiimm would need to look into that - I have no clue why that might be.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()