Required Wiimmfi Patcher update for Mario Kart Wii

What version did you import the NAND with? It isn't enough to (now) use a dev version, you need to use a relatively new dev version while you import the NAND.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Problems connecting using Dolphin with imported NAND

FC:4599-2651-1494
      ECs: 23918, 23934

It all happened last week when trying to edit Mii's from the System Menu. Followed by Dolphin's incorrect recognition of never running the System Menu before, I re-run through the steps of configuring the Wii for the first time. After editing my desired Mii, I was presented with error code 23918 while connecting to Wiimmfi for MKW, and the server kept prompting me with the same error code, even while using a backup configuration from before running the Wii System menu.

Thinking it must be an error on the emulator's part, I renamed my older Dolphin Emulator configuration folder so it would create a new folder, and then I imported my NAND using the latest development version of Dolphin (5.0-11105 during the time), adjusted my MAC address accordingly, and submitted my profile to Wiimmfi for a 7-day cooldown.

Fast forward to today, I've been facing EC 23934 instead, preventing me from connecting to the server. I have no idea on what I'm supposed to do to fix this.
      Please let me know if you have any ideas, or need more information.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

PokeAcer schrieb:

23924 means that you need to re-import your NAND using a later dev build, iirc. @Leseratte would know more than me, however.
      Yeah, I kind of figured that is the case, but the thing is that I did exactly that and it still spits me this error...
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Nah, "old Dolphin" would result in either a crash or in 23918. 5.0-11105 is new enough that it supports the NAND import properly. If you imported the NAND using that version it should work.

Can you try copying the keys.bin directly into the "Wii" folder in the Dolphin folder (where the rest of the extracted NAND is) and see if that helps? (if it isn't already in there)
      Also, has the dump been created with Bootmii? I've noticed that it seems not to work with NANDs dumped by some other tools.

Leseratte schrieb:

Nah, "old Dolphin" would result in either a crash or in 23918. 5.0-11105 is new enough that it supports the NAND import properly. If you imported the NAND using that version it should work.

Can you try copying the keys.bin directly into the "Wii" folder in the Dolphin folder (where the rest of the extracted NAND is) and see if that helps? (if it isn't already in there)
      Also, has the dump been created with Bootmii? I've noticed that it seems not to work with NANDs dumped by some other tools.
      I've copied over my keys manually, unfortunately same result.
      I've backed up my NAND using Bootmii yes. My Wii is an EU console.

Interesting.

Please try moving the keys.bin out of the Wii folder again. Then open Dolphin, start the game, try to connect, and close Dolphin again. Then put the keys.bin back into the Wii folder.
      Then start Dolphin, and go to "View" -> "Show Log Configuration", set the Verbosity to info, select "Write to File", select all the log types. Then start the game again and try to connect.

Then please send me the Logs/dolphin.log from the Dolphin folder, and your nand.bin and keys.bin you imported into Dolphin in a private message (if it still doesn't work).

I agree this isn't fair for people with out Wii (and a good computer that can emulate the game perfectly) there are cheaters out there no matter what you guys change , I understand and I had never look into , but lots of people can still bypass the ban with codes for Wii or modifications on Dolphin folders.
      I'm aware there are others way to cheat and they aren't traceable like , max stats , max speed online , off road , go through stuff , texture hack where they can remove stuff from tracks , what about the cheat code on moonview play with out cars.
      This is more dangerous to me then people using fakes nand.
      Whatever is implemented on Wiimms Fun Pack to avoid loading codes , why wont you implemented that on the regular wiimmfi patch just to avoid generally the use of gecko codes.
      Or just permanently ban any code.
      Can a Wiimmfi region allow or see if codes are being executed
      There are lots of harmless cheatcodes that people are allowed to use. And even if we tried to detect a gecko loader like in MKW-Fun (which has technical reasons and isn't because we want to prevent cheating), people could just directly patch their main.dol. Unless we'd require a system like in CTGP with our own proprietary loader software, you'd always be able to cheat.

But the point is, if people have to use a real NAND from one real Wii, we can ban cheaters and be relatively sure they don't come back immediately as they'd need a new console.

Leseratte schrieb:

Ci sono molti cheatcode innocui che le persone possono usare. E anche se provassimo a osservare un caricatore di gechi come in MKW-Fun A meno che non avremmo bisogno di un sistema vieni in CTGP con il nostro software di caricamento proprietario, saresti sempre in grado di imbrogliare.

Ma il punto è che le persone devono usare una vera NAND da un vero Wii, dobbiamo vietare gli imbroglioni ed essere sicuri sicuri che non torneranno immediatamente in quanto necessario per una nuova console.

Leseratte schrieb:

Con quale versione hai importato la NAND? Non è sufficiente (ora) utilizzare una versione di sviluppo, è necessario utilizzare una versione di sviluppo relativamente nuova mentre si importa nella NAND.
      scusa una domanda,ma si potrebbe attivare la wiimmfi in yo-gi-oh World championship 2008 DS? VI PREGO!

Leseratte schrieb:

Dolphin crashing when connecting to Wiimmfi

We've recently rolled out an update that seems not to work properly with old versions of Dolphin - it results in Dolphin completely crashing while trying to connect to Wiimmfi. However, there are important changes in this update that we've rolled out, so we can't just undo the update again.

Depending on what version of Dolphin you used (older versions were a bit buggy) when importing your NAND, your Dolphin can crash when you try to connect.

If that is the case, follow the following steps to fix this:

1. Download a newer version of Dolphin (everything newer than 5.0-10000 should work, best just download the newest build): dolphin-emu.org/download/
      2. Make a full backup of the Dolphin Emulator folder under "Documents". Don't skip this step!
      3. Take an actual Wii or vWii NAND (like the one you used to set up Dolphin on Wiimmfi in the first place) and place its "nand.bin" and "keys.bin" in the same folder.
      3a. No, a NAND backup generated from a "Wiimmfi unbanner" will no longer work. An actual NAND backup from an actual physical console.
      4. Open the updated Dolphin and go to "Tools" -> "Manage NAND" -> "Import BootMii NAND Backup..." and import the "nand.bin". Make sure that the keys.bin is in the same folder.
      5. Close Dolphin
      6. Go into the backup folder you made in step 2, and copy the "setting.txt" in Wii/title/00000001/00000002/data/ from your backup into the same folder in the actual Dolphin Emulator folder and overwrite the one that's there. If you skip this, or didn't do a backup in step 2, your 7-day-wait will start over!
      7. Copy your "keys.bin" into the Wii/ folder as well.
      8. If you want, restore savegames from your stored folder by copying them from the backup to the Dolphin-Emulator folder.
      9. Start Dolphin and try to go online. It should work again.
      Haven't posted here in ages, but here goes.....

I run Dolphin in portable mode (because screw losing my saves and configurations between Windows installs) and I would like to report that all steps that mention backing up your Dolphin folder don't apply to those running in portable mode. However, downloading the latest version of Dolphin still applies.
      Bilder
      • RMCE01_2019-11-13_11-44-53.png

2,05 MB, 2.632×1.440, 70 mal angesehen

Mood: 19 More Years to Super Bowl LXIX, lol.
      YouTube Channel
      Twitch.tv Channel
      Steam Profile
      Here's an idea. For Dolphin users, maybe you could have a way obtain a "key" file from the wiimmfi site or some other place that would be placed into the game's files that would then be read and only if it is an allowed key would they be able to connect to Wiimmfi. The key could be given out after a much longer waiting time than normal like a month or two, and maybe need something like a credit card verification. That way people who aren't able to have a nand backup would still be able to play, albeit after much longer, while still letting people with a nand backup have just a 7 day waiting period.
      I mean "credit card validation" - Wiis are hilariously cheap nowadays, and since you should have a Wii and legit copy of MKW (we don't support you finding ISOs off the internet) then uh you should be fine.. even a Wii U's vWii NAND can work for Dolphin, you know.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Hello,

It is a real good idea to allow only real NANDs on Wiimmfi. It will for sure make banishments harder to circumvents for cheaters. It could even open the way for CTGP on Dolphin, maybe @MrBean3500vr ? :P Even if some cheaters will appear, the ban will be very annoying for them and it will let many person enjoy custom tracks online.

But I'm asking myself : Why have you blocked already registered fake NANDs ? I was playing for years with the same generated NAND. I think I'm not alone.
      I solved the issue by importing a real NAND I saved on an external drive years ago, so I'm not asking this for myself. There must be some other long time Dolphin-only players in the same situation : blocked for no good reason.

Adding a new server policy, for example "If the NAND is generated, but created more than 6 months ago don't check keys.bin validity and let connect" seems like a good solution for me.