Required Wiimmfi Patcher update for Mario Kart Wii

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

Starlight schrieb:

It could even open the way for CTGP on Dolphin, maybe @MrBean3500vr ? :P
      Not a chance. And I don't need to go into why not, you already know the reasons and how this doesn't help with any of them.
      It does not help with any of them, i agree. But it will be possible for more players to enjoy your mod without this restriction. It's up to you, it's your project. I thought your mind has evolved about this specific point or could change.

About the copyright, Nintendo has no reason to target you and they seems to never target fan projects as long as they are not advertised massively and remain as a game patch. CTGP is not a commercial project, they can't get any proof that what you are making them lose any money. To use the CTGP channel on Dolphin, a game ISO will still be mandatory. The ISO should be dumped by the user himself, if it is downloaded it is not your problem and your responsibility.

The same concept were applying on hacked Windows XP versions. Distributing the modified ISO was illegal and it was targetted by Microsoft, but distributing the patch file isn't. It become an optional mod, for the ones who own the original ISO file.

About the fear of hacked TT times, i think it could be possible to separate the rankings between Wii and Dolphin users so Dolphin will not ruin this kind of competition.

I know Wiis and Wiis U are cheap nowadays, but Dolphin has so many advantages :
      - Massive upscaling (up to 4K !)
      - Possibility to play with any game controller
      - Faster disc loading speed and possibility to switch games very fastly

and now one more that concern your project : It's not possible anymore to use it online autonomously, it requires the NAND of a physical Wii. If a player is stupid enough to start hacking on CTWW with his Dolphin, it's real Wii will be banned as well. Even if Wiis are cheap nowadays, the unban is difficult and more nasty person will just give up. The CTWW will remain generally clean, like regular Worldwides are, and more person will be able to enjoy your great mod in the best conditions...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Starlight ()

In regards to "Hacked TTs" it's just more effort that he can probably expend on something else more useful. And the possibility to play with any game controller actually puts everyone playing on a Wii at a disadvantage due to the fact if someone wanted to they could add macros to their controllers. Also the whole point of not allowing it on dolphin is to stop hackers from being able to play on it to begin with. Allowing them access to it gives them access to potentially bypass or exploit it.

Atlas schrieb:

Not to mention that if CTGP worked on Dolphin you could easily sniff through the code and reverse-engineer it, which breaks the whole point of it being encrypted to start with
      CTGP 1.03 worked on Dolphin at some point years ago, and the security (encryption etc) has not been defeated. Be realistic, less than < 1% of MKW players have the knowledge to just make codes. The probability that someone nasty AND motivated + clever enough to do that is really low to me.

Dolphin macros will give a signifient advantage on TT, that's why the online ladder could just be splitted (or disabled) for Dolphin users.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Starlight ()

what happens to users that have a wii and original disc (but i downloaded an online iso, i will admit) but dont want to mod their console? is there anyway i can make my specific user be unbanned/allowed? i know this is a very unusual and it looks suspicious that a new user it asking to be allowed about getting in without doing the steps that the others have taken but honestly i just wanted to play with friends who arent experienced (they got annoyed at having to download files). this seems worse for the growth of this community if you have so many steps to just play an old game online e.g. i (1 user) could get up to eight of my friends (8 users), times by hundreds of the same situation (100s of new users) which may want to help out or learn more about modding. may not make sense as this is a 2am ramble but hope something gets across

tldr: allocating a small amount of servers for anyone (unbanners included) to play so:
      people that want to play with friends in private rooms
      hackers will play against eachother and ultimately get bored (in limited amount of public rooms)
      and people that want to play like back in the day still can using the proper methods

ill try and be active and if any of this doesnt make sense please ask questions. if ignored ill just go play something else with friends
      I don't exactly understand what the problem is. Playing on console required an exploit to connect to Wiimmfi before as well, the update didn't change anything about that. Or are you talking about Dolphin users?

One NAND backup from a console can be shared between multiple Dolphin instances, so if you trust your friends not to do anything to get banned (because then you'd be banned as well) you can just take the NAND backup from your console and let them import it into Dolphin.

Plus, nowadays there is no reason at all not to mod a Wii. Nintendo won't release any more updates that could break anything, the old consoles most likely don't have any warranty anymore either, and a softmod doesn't have any disadvantage.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Really confused at the moment.

I had to go away for a month and before I left, I made sure to import the real nand (using dolphin 5-11067) so that when I came back, everything would be good to go. However, when I tried to go online, I received an error. When I tried again, I received the console registration message again. I now have 4 days left to wait, but how can I be sure that I wont get reset again?

Any ideas @Leseratte ?
      So a month ago you tried to connect, and then received the 7-day-wait, and then left for a month? That might be what reset the timer. You have to go online once shortly after the 7-day-wait is over; if you wait too long, it gets reset again. But that's only needed once, as soon as the console / Dolphin is activated properly it won't reset anymore.

Leseratte schrieb:

So a month ago you tried to connect, and then received the 7-day-wait, and then left for a month? That might be what reset the timer. You have to go online once shortly after the 7-day-wait is over; if you wait too long, it gets reset again. But that's only needed once, as soon as the console / Dolphin is activated properly it won't reset anymore.
      Hey @Leseratte

So, my wait just ended now. I tried to go online and was hit with the 23918 error, despite having imported a real nand. What could be the cause?

FancyDolphin schrieb:

You could have missed importing the MAC Address.
      Make sure to replace the default MAC values in WirelessMAC in Dolphin.ini with the MAC values of your Wii's.
      Wii Options -> Wii Settings -> Internet -> Console Information
      Unfortunately my Wii was stolen 6 years back, so I'm not sure how I could find out what the MAC address is. Is it likely that the backup files might contain it? If so, is there any way to access it? Or are my hopes of playing again doomed?
      23918 isn't caused by a missing MAC address. It is caused by a missing NAND. Check the Dolphin.ini, make sure there is a MAC address in there. If you don't know the MAC from your Wii, take the one from your computer. What's important is that this value isn't empty, because then Dolphin would randomize it.

If you get 23918, you don't have a proper NAND imported. Try re-importing it.

1. Requiring everyone to create a useless account to play online would be "punishing” them as well, right?

2. No "registration" (like in a forum like this one) can prevent people from getting more and more new accounts after they haven been banned. Only requiring something from real hardware prevents that.

1), web browsers can't detect what hardware you are using. They might be able to identify certain types, but definitely not unique IDs
      2) even if they could, you could easily spoof that
      3) just because web browsers can, doesn't mean we (from inside Mario Kart Wii) can escape the Dolphin emulator and do that as well.

So I've imported my vwii nand and MAC Address into dolphin and waited the 7days but I'm getting error 23918 account creation denied

And in my vwii using usbLoaderGX I have to wait 7days again because after the first 7days were over I didn't try to connect again for like a month (same as @flm62 at first).
      Can you please help me @Leseratte cause I've waited the 7days like 5 times already and I want to play co-op online with my cousin while hes here for the Christmas holidays
      If you didn't connect for a month, the registration gets reset so now the 7-day wait started over on your console. And you get 23913 on Dolphin because you already started one 7-day-wait today. In 24h, you'll get 23899 oh Dolphin and will then be able to wait the waiting period on both the console and in Dolphin.