How do I add Hard Drive, channels and Movies to Wii?

• Offen

How do I add Hard Drive, channels and Movies to Wii?

Hi, I have a Wii with the Homebrew channel on it. I added some emulators and rom's. Now I want to make some upgrades to it. First, how do I add a internal hard drive? I've added one to my PC years ago so I'm guessing it's similar (power cable and data cable.) Will a 3.5" work? Or 2.5"? Second, how do I get all channels? I found one on eBay that has all channels on it so I'd like to try that. Finally, how do I add movies and tv? Do I add them to the hard drive? Or SD card? Where do I get the movies? Torrents? Also, will a 64GB SD card work? I read somewhere that the max is 32GB. Please reply so I can finish modding my Wii with Homebrew channel. Thanks
      An internal hard drive to the Wii? There is no space for it, and the Wii has no connectors for it. You can only attach a hard drive over USB.

What do you mean with "all channels"? You can get WiiWare games and such from the shop channel, until it closes at the end of this month.
      You can use WiiMC to view movies from SD / USB. We do not support getting these from illegal sources like torrents.

A 64GB sd card will probably work with most apps, but there might still be some that require a non-SDHC (2 GB or smaller) card.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was thinking there's no room for an Internal HD. Here's a link to the modded Wii on eBay that I'm trying to build. I want it similar. Can anyone take a look and tell me how they built it? It looks like the HD's are External USB and the Homebrew is different (not homebrew channel.) Thanks again!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte () aus folgendem Grund: ebay link to illegal content removed.

That description sounds more like he just includes two hard drives with a bunch of illegally downloaded Nintendo software:
      4tb harddrive for Nintendo wii fully loaded ,Package comes with 2x2tb harddrives and a 64gb sd card fully loaded with ...

The software on the screenshots is just some USB-Loader.

There is no way he managed to put two hard drives into a Wii. You might be able to fit one if you take out the DVD drive, but not two. This listing sounds more like a shady guy buying a Wii for ~30 bucks, buy a cheap-ass hard drive for ~50 bucks, add a bunch of illegally downloaded games onto it and sell it for over 400 bucks ...

So getting or making a Wii like the one in the ebay listing is definitely not legal, as you cannot just download all the games you do not own (and at least in germany, you can't even download games you do own, you have to copy them to a hard drive yourself).

I have removed the ebay link from your post (and reported it to ebay) as we don't support such illegal setups here.

You can install homebrew on a Wii by following our ultimate homebrew guide -> [TuT] New Ultimate Homebrew Guide (Wii) - by Wii-Homebrew.com v1.0

Then you can install USB-Loaders, which allow you to install Wii games onto an USB drive. Addons like Devolution make this work with gamecube games as well.
      Getting all the WiiWare and VC stuff from the ebay listing can legally only be done by buying them from the Wii Shop Channel (when they are installed on the Wii they'll appear in the USB-Loader as well if configured correctly), but the shop will permanently shut down at the end of this month.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()