MelonDS with online Wi-Fi emulation

MelonDS with online Wi-Fi emulation

I made a pack from the latest source code of MelonDS with adapter list support - it lets you choose adapter for use for online Wi-Fi.
      Go to Config -> Wifi settings.
      Choose your Ethernet adapter and tick "Direct mode".
      you need Winpcap or Win10pcap (for Windows 10) or Npcap with Winpcap API compatibility mode ticked for this to work correctly.
      no copyrighted content is in the zip.
      You can play with others in this discord : discord.gg/TXNXn4w my nickname is Sorer.
      Enjoy.
      EDIT: you can now disable "Direct mode" to play with Wi-FI adapters (no longer restricted to ethernet/wired connection).
      Dateien

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zinx () aus folgendem Grund: New discord invite

Can you do one of these for DeSmume as well? I've been trying to find a PC emulator that connects online, and the maximum I got was with DeSmume, but I had a problem that I could not solve until today.

DeSmume + Wifi Problem ( Error Code 23404 ) HELP I Can't connect

I wanted to use MelonDS but it runs very slow on my PC (other than DeSmume that runs smoothly) and I can not test on my brother's PC which is more powerful than mine because it does not work on 32-bit systems, so my only solution is DeSmume (until someone comes up with an emulator that connects online to Android, maybe a Drastic Wiimmfi someday)

Moon164 schrieb:

Can you do one of these for DeSmume as well? I've been trying to find a PC emulator that connects online, and the maximum I got was with DeSmume, but I had a problem that I could not solve until today.

I wanted to use MelonDS but it runs very slow on my PC (other than DeSmume that runs smoothly) and I can not test on my brother's PC which is more powerful than mine because it does not work on 32-bit systems, so my only solution is DeSmume (until someone comes up with an emulator that connects online to Android, maybe a Drastic Wiimmfi someday)
      Don't bother with Desmume unless you play a turn based game like Pokemon.
      Desmume's online Wi-Fi emulation is slow and unstable.
      It would be like how you play with MelonDS on single player.
      Wait for MelonDS to improve further is what i recommend or get a 64-bit OS.

Zinx schrieb:

Moon164 schrieb:

Don't bother with Desmume unless you play a turn based game like Pokemon.Desmume's online Wi-Fi emulation is slow and unstable.
      It would be like how you play with MelonDS on single player.
      Wait for MelonDS to improve further is what i recommend or get a 64-bit OS.
      I prefer to use DeSmume because it runs perfectly on my PC (No$GBA also runs smoothly, but it's not an option for me)

Unfortunately the MelonDS ran extremely slow on my PC, unplayable for me.

I could use it on my brother's PC, which is much more powerful than mine, but unfortunately MelonDS does not support 32-bit systems, that is my only option is DeSmume that runs perfectly on my PC and was the only emulator that I could almost connect online, is there no way to fix this problem? I've seen people playing online with DeSmume, probably I'm doing something wrong but I do not know what.

PS: Sorry for my english, I use google translate.

Zinx schrieb:

I made a pack from the latest source code of MelonDS with adapter list support - it lets you choose adapter for use for online Wi-Fi.
      Go to Config -> Wifi settings.
      Choose your Ethernet adapter and tick "Direct mode".
      you need Winpcap or Win10pcap (for Windows 10) or Npcap with Winpcap API compatibility mode ticked for this to work correctly.
      no copyrighted content is in the zip.
      You can play with others in this discord : discord.gg/TXNXn4w my nickname is Sorer.
      Enjoy.
      EDIT: you can now disable "Direct mode" to play with Wi-FI adapters (no longer restricted to ethernet/wired connection).

Well, I decided to try this MelonDS again since nobody could help me with the problem in DeSmuMEhowever, I can not even connect to Wiimmfi, I believe it's because of the low frame-rate

PS: I used the same ROM with PT-BR translation that I used in R4 on my DS Lite and DesmuME

I can not understand, even Citra runs great here, not to mention that I have no serious perfomance issues with NO$GBA or DesMuME, Why can not I just keep 20 FPS in this emulator?, to make matters worse, there is no frame-skip type or anything that can help with perfomance.

PS2: Sorry for my english.